Forums > General Industry > getting a big celebrity agent

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

KungPaoChic wrote:
And as someone mentioned above what makes you think a top level talent agency like William Morris would be interested in you?

Because she never fails to attract a crowd in a MM forum.
Just imagine what she can do if she goes big time!

Sep 02 15 11:31 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

I dunno...

The crowd she attracts are about 10 MMers... 7.5 of those, calling her on her trolling, or avoiding this word not to gather the wrath of the admins... 2.5 members think that she is actually "for real" and come with all the "good advice" they can imagine, while believing she is a totally sincere poster...   facepalm

She also gets only this attention because the forums are extremely slow moving, pretty much dried up... so, she's the equivalent of the summer hole in journalism, when mainstream media start to report about two headed goat babies that may have Venusian DNA.

Her talents are the ones of a minor internet troll... maybe she's a better actress in her cam shows... I have no idea... but... in the new media environment... you need 5 Million followers on Instagram or Twitter, to be even considered closely by such agents, if you don't, as it was previously mentioned, already pull in $250,000 p.a. on your own.

Sep 02 15 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

udor wrote:
I dunno...

The crowd she attracts are about 10 MMers...

...She also gets only this attention because the forums are extremely slow moving, pretty much dried up......

Lately 10 people in a forum IS a crowd!
(y'know what I mean?)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/6a/36/80/6a3680c68df8d2bffdd9f8c4580b34bb.jpg

Sep 02 15 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Moose,
You want a name?
Ok.

Jon Perry
310 273 6700
9560 Wilshire Blvd #500
Beverly Hills CA 90212

Thats Kim Kardashian's Agent.
Go ahead and give him a call see how it goes.
I figure if he can get that troll work, then.....

Anyways can this thread be done now?
Don't forget all about us little people when you're on top.

Sep 02 15 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS

Pomona, California, US

You want to sign with William Morris?
They are pretty exclusive, they represent hot talent..

What experience do you have?
Your aiming pretty high...
They represent talent that are in demand that need representation because they are busy..
Are you in demand? Are you getting a lot of work and you need someone to represent you?
Just curious....

Sep 02 15 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
Moose,
You want a name?
Ok.

Jon Perry
310 273 6700
9560 Wilshire Blvd #500
Beverly Hills CA 90212

Thats Kim Kardashian's Agent.
Go ahead and give him a call see how it goes.
I figure if he can get that troll work, then.....

Anyways can this thread be done now?
Don't forget all about us little people when you're on top.

No...it will come back...How Can I win an Oscar...though..I have not made a movie.

Sep 02 15 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

Zack Zoll

Glens Falls, New York, US

As a man, play someone with a disability.

As a woman, play a very emotional part where you make yourself look ugly.

Bonus points for biopics.

Next question.

Sep 02 15 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Zack Zoll wrote:

Next question.

Many actresses who received an Academy Award played hookers, ex-hookers and/or in combination, drug addicts and coke heads, crack heads and meth heads...

Sep 02 15 04:41 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

udor wrote:

Zack Zoll wrote:

Next question.

Many actresses who received an Academy Award played hookers, ex-hookers and/or in combination, drug addicts and coke heads, crack heads and meth heads...[/quote

Yes...I remember Katharine Hepburn, who has won the most Oscar Best Actress Awards playing Crack Ho's. 4 of dem Oscars. lol

Sep 02 15 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

udor wrote:

Zack Zoll wrote:

Next question.

Many actresses who received an Academy Award played hookers, ex-hookers and/or in combination, drug addicts and coke heads, crack heads and meth heads...[/quote

Yes...I remember Katharine Hepburn, who has won the most Oscar Best Actress Awards playing Crack Ho's. 4 of dem Oscars. lol

Sep 02 15 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mousseline wrote:

acting of course. William Morris, Creative Artists Agency all cast mainstream television and film.

You don't go to William Morris and ask them to represent you. William Morris goes to you and offers to represent you.

Sep 02 15 05:14 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

udor wrote:

Zack Zoll wrote:

Charlize Theron played a drug addicted, prostitute, serial killer earlier in career that wound up winning her the Academy Award in Monster.

Sep 02 15 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Shot By Adam wrote:

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

udor wrote:

Zack Zoll wrote:

Charlize Theron played a drug addicted, prostitute, serial killer earlier in career that wound up winning her the Academy Award in Monster.[/quote

Theron and E. Taylor.. Butterfield 8...are the only Best Actresses who won...that played a drug addicted and or call girl.

I looked.

Sep 02 15 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

Ugh...I just got nauseous as I didn't realize who was the OP until just now. I seriously wonder how long she sits around crafting these doltish threads of hers knowing that it's nothing trolldom.

Sep 02 15 06:00 pm Link

Photographer

Keith Moody

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Unless you are an extraordinary talent, have done something extraordinary on a major level, or you are already a “big” celebrity for something, agencies at the level of William Morris will have absolutely zero interest in you.  Zero! None!  Nada!

Sep 02 15 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Phoenix Digital Image wrote:
Unless you are an extraordinary talent, have done something extraordinary on a major level, or you are already a “big” celebrity for something, agencies at the level of William Morris will have absolutely zero interest in you.  Zero! None!  Nada!

You know this. I know this. Many others in this thread know this. The OP doesn't know this, doesn't care about this, and is just going to assume and demand that William Morris should just represent her "just because".

If you've seen any of the OPs previous threads train wrecks, you'll understand why I say that.

https://media.giphy.com/media/7uGFLUZEqxO9O/giphy.gif

Sep 02 15 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

Zack Zoll

Glens Falls, New York, US

Okay, since my offhand joke became a sidebar ...

... I think we can all agree that actors playing a person that is worse off, whether they're handicapped, addicted, trashy, or just have to overcome adversity, is more likely to result in an Oscar than any other 'type' they could play. It's even more the case if the person actually existed in real life.

Now can we end the sidebar I accidentally started?

Sep 02 15 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Shot By Adam wrote:
Ugh...I just got nauseous as I didn't realize who was the OP until just now. I seriously wonder how long she sits around crafting these doltish threads of hers knowing that it's nothing trolldom.

It's no wonder; most of the quotes are totally screwed up!

Sep 02 15 07:48 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

SayCheeZ!  wrote:
One of my friends is a big celebrity agent.
Well sort of.
She's a BBW.and represents a several celebrities.
Does that count?

absolutely! shoot me a message

Sep 02 15 08:36 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Dan Howell wrote:

I think what many are saying (in various ways) is that any effort aiming at what you perceive as TOP AGENTS that comes at the expense of more grounded marketing and networking is wasted or at least misplaced efforts.

Frankly, that search for the magic bullet or golden ticket is, in my view, lazy, not to mention unproductive. Take the advice or don't take the advice. You have a dozen people saying basically the same thing and you persist in shutting them down. What would you say about a photographer who only wants the number for the fashion editor at Vogue and nothing else? I know what I'd call them...

I don't think I'm shutting anyone down, I'm trying to reply to the negative comments constructively.

Sep 02 15 08:39 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

They are ALL over the net.  Why are you not looking? Why you need mm. Where is your Playboy Connections?

Because someone here on mm can give me a name I may have not come across otherwise.

Sep 02 15 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

Greg Kolack wrote:
Though most film work requires a SAG card (especially in LA), there is non Union work, and also Taft-Hartley. I have done several commercials and industrial films and I am non-union.

AFTRA isn't for theatre work.

American Federation of TELEVISION and RADIO Artists.

KungPaoChic wrote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/s … sag-306398

Thank you for pointing out they merged.

Those of us who have been around awhile still tend to think of them as separate unions. (I know, I know...  "back in MY day")

smile

Sep 02 15 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:
Theron and E. Taylor.. Butterfield 8...are the only Best Actresses who won...that played a drug addicted and or call girl.

I looked.

Jane Fonda in Klute.

Donna Reed in From Here to Eternity

Shirley Jones in Elmer Gantry

Mira Sorvino in Mighty Aphrodite

Probably more, but those are off the top of my head...

Sep 02 15 09:04 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

KungPaoChic wrote:
Maybe you have a commercial headshot somewhere but I don't see one on here.

And someone serious about their craft would probably have a reel too -- but most importantly no one is going to vouch for or give out contact information at the level you are requesting when they don't know you if they value their relationship or reputation.

And as someone mentioned above what makes you think a top level talent agency like William Morris would be interested in you?

I do have a reel and a commercial headshot. William Morris may very well not be interested in me, but that doesn't mean I can't take a stab at it.

Sep 02 15 09:06 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Phoenix Digital Image wrote:

that may very well be , but it's worth taking a stab at!

Sep 02 15 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Greg Kolack wrote:

Jane Fonda in Klute.

Donna Reed in From Here to Eternity

Shirley Jones in Elmer Gantry

Mira Sorvino in Mighty Aphrodite

Probably more, but those are off the top of my head...

Not Supporting...Keep up....I forgot Jane from Klute.

Sep 02 15 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Mousseline wrote:

Because someone here on mm can give me a name I may have not come across otherwise.

His name is on the net.

Sep 02 15 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

Not Supporting...Keep up....I forgot Jane from Klute.

Getting snippy, are we...?

wink

Sep 02 15 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Greg Kolack wrote:

wink

The Subject was Best Actresses ....ie Kate Hepburn who won 4 Lead Actress..and never got a nomination for Supporting, or won Supporting..ALL Leads.  lol.  Though she played a morphine addict in Long's Day Journey Into Night.  Great Performance.

Sep 02 15 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Greg Kolack wrote:

wink

The Subject was Best Actresses ....ie Kate Hepburn who won 4 Lead Actress..and never got a nomination for Supporting, or won Supporting..ALL Leads.  lol.  Though she played a morphine addict in Long's Day Journey Into Night.  Great Performance.

Sep 02 15 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

The Subject was Best Actresses ..

Wasn't that one of Martin Sheen's early films?

smile

Sep 02 15 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Greg Kolack wrote:

smile

He played a gay boy...just needed Chico and the Man's Love. Jack Albertson, Mrs. Rossen Husband in The Poseidon Adventure...Irwin Allen Blew Up Everything...lol

Sep 02 15 09:58 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Greg Kolack wrote:

smile

He played a gay boy...just needed Chico and the Man's Love. Jack Albertson, Mrs. Rossen Husband in The Poseidon Adventure...Irwin Allen Blew Up Everything...lol

Sep 02 15 09:58 pm Link