Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Dog chases bears away

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Oct 05 15 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

portraiturebyBrent

Round Rock, Texas, US

As they say, "Big things come in small packages!".

Thanks for sharing.

Oct 05 15 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Santa Monica, California, US

In USA, how many deaths by dogs a year?
How many by bears?

Oct 08 15 01:18 pm Link

Model

AmandaCecilia

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

lol that goes to show you, you can do anything if you believe you can!

those bears are so darn cute.

Oct 08 15 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Images By Cynthia

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I wish I were that brave......

Oct 08 15 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

Brave dog.  When I've chased bears away, I never get that close.

Oct 08 15 01:49 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

That's awesome!!! Cool clip, but hopefully he won't be running into bears too often. I honestly don't think it would always go this good for the lil guy. =/

Oct 08 15 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Keith NYC wrote:
That's awesome!!! Cool clip, but hopefully he won't be running into bears too often. I honestly don't think it would always go this good for the lil guy. =/

yeah, that wouldn't always be the outcome. the little guy was very lucky that the bear didn't crush his spine, on its initial pounce. cute video, though. he's a brave little cookie. smile

i used to have a rhodesian ridgeback (lion hound) that would tuck tail and run, if confronted by a squirrel. smile

Oct 08 15 04:27 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

GK photo wrote:

yeah, that wouldn't always be the outcome. the little guy was very lucky that the bear didn't crush his spine, on its initial pounce. cute video, though. he's a brave little cookie. smile

i used to have a rhodesian ridgeback (lion hound) that would tuck tail and run, if confronted by a squirrel. smile

Exactly, even the slightest contact would have been game over for the pup. =/

Haha. Some dogs run, some attack, and some just sit there like they can't be bothered!

Oct 08 15 07:08 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Keith NYC wrote:

Random question Keith...

Do any of the women you date freak out on the ultra six-pack you carry?
lol

Oct 08 15 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

wr not here

Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

Keith NYC wrote:

If it hadn't been juvenile bears it wouldn't have gone very well for the dog at all.

Oct 08 15 08:49 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

WR Photographics wrote:

If it hadn't been juvenile bears it wouldn't have gone very well for the dog at all.

lol

Oct 08 15 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

WR Photographics wrote:

I don't think your right. The report said it was a Mom Bear and her baby...right?

Oct 08 15 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Los Angeles, California, US

WR Photographics wrote:

I don't think your right. The report said it was a Mom Bear and her baby...right?

Oct 08 15 09:02 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Random question Keith...

Do any of the women you date freak out on the ultra six-pack you carry?
lol

Thank you smile
Usually, if they were into me to begin with...then they were into abs. My dating days are now over but the wife claims to love them!

Oct 08 15 09:41 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

DOUGLASFOTOS wrote:

Maybe, but they definitely looked to be the same size. I'm not a bear expert but they both looked like cubs. I think a mother with her cub would have been much more aggressive. I could be wrong.

Oct 08 15 09:44 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

WR Photographics wrote:

That's what I was thinking, they seemed like they haven't been out on the hunt much on their own yet.

Oct 08 15 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Keith NYC wrote:

Maybe, but they definitely looked to be the same size. I'm not a bear expert but they both looked like cubs. I think a mother with her cub would have been much more aggressive. I could be wrong.

it's irrelevant if one was a mother bear, or not, the bears themselves were out of their element/environment. they were foraging in uncharted waters. the element of surprise (and natural desire to protect its turf) played into the dog's favor. but still--like i said--if that initial pounce had been a flush hit, the puppy would have been crushed.

if--conversely--the puppy had assaulted them in their natural environment (a walk in the woods), the outcome would have certainly been different. there was no predatory element to the dog's reaction. animals are keen to this stuff. smile

most bears will scare off pretty easily, if they wander into your turf. a couple claps of the hands, or banging a pot can do that. if you stroll into one of their established paths out in nature (especially a mother with cubs), you are asking for trouble.

Oct 08 15 11:50 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Keith NYC wrote:

Thank you smile
Usually, if they were into me to begin with...then they were into abs. My dating days are now over but the wife claims to love them!

Ha ha
Isn't it nice to have someone to love you for everything?
smilesmile

This is the stuff that makes me smile

Oct 09 15 03:59 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I have camped for years in bear country and never seen a bear.  However other people in the area have seen them.

Oct 09 15 04:22 am Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

Neighbors little dog tried the same thing with a coyote.
Different end result.

Oct 09 15 08:34 am Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

Ha ha
Isn't it nice to have someone to love you for everything?
smilesmile

This is the stuff that makes me smile

Yes it is smile
Especially because putting up with me is no easy task! lol
I'm a handful and out of my mind smile haha

Oct 09 15 10:06 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Keith NYC wrote:

Yes it is smile
Especially because putting up with me is no easy task! lol