Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Keith NYC wrote:
I honestly feel it's going to be a much closer series than most people are making it out to be. This isn't the same Met team that got dominated during the regular season. The Mets have 3 different pitchers who can be lights out on any given night...I think this is going to be a good series.

i haven't seen who the talking heads are picking, at this point. it should be a close series. the mets have three legitimate starters, while the cubs will rely--more less-on arrieta and lester. arrieta came back down to earth in his start against the red turds, and lester isn't the lester of '06, anymore.

but those cubs' bats are in full force, and soler is looking like he's going to have one of those post season runs, that folks will be talking about for years. hell, addison goes down, then baez steps in, and (outside of his initial lead glove maneuver) becomes a star, too.

now if bryant can just quit hitting into 5-4-3 double plays, every mofoing time he comes up to bat. smile it'll be fun.

and screw toronto. i hope kc takes them to seven, then totally breaks their necks. smile

Oct 16 15 01:07 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

To me the Mets are a year away,this is all house money,
Next year they get Wheeler  back,Thor and Matz have a year more experience
Hell,they could probably trade diva boy,and get some sick compensation in return..

Oct 16 15 01:45 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

the collapse in dc this year was certainly beneficial to the mutts. one would think the nats would have had a better season, than they ultimately did. and the odd man out this year, again, were the bucs. a 98 win team, that had a one game play-in, vs arrieta...when he was unconscious.

they had their chances to catch the birds, in september, but failed.

Oct 16 15 02:04 am Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
Next year they get Wheeler  back,Thor and Matz have a year more experience
Hell,they could probably trade diva boy,and get some sick compensation in return..

I don't know if I can share the whole being a year away and house money idea. It will be great when Wheeler is 100%, they have a SICK playoff rotation right now. Why wait? Harvey, deGrom and Syndergaard all have potential to be lights out on any given night...and Matz is a solid 4. Not to mention they FINALLY have a respectable bullpen and a premiere closer.

162 games is a long stretch and as we all know, it's not the best team that wins it all. It's the team that is playing the best when October hits (well into November these days.) Take the Cards and Pirates as well. 100 wins and 98 wins...and both are watching the NLCS from home.

The Cubs have a powerhouse of a line up, but any one of our starters is capable of shutting them down. Our bats aren't sleeping right now either. Hanging in against Grenki and Kershaw was no easy task and Arietta sure isn't gonna be any easier....but it's one day at a time at this point.

Wright isn't even contributing...if his bat decides to wake up you can't say you don't like our chances. Granderson is having a great post season. Murphy is rightfully on cloud 9. Cepedes is always a threat. And then we have more bats up and down the lineup who can chip in when needed.

As excited as you may or may not be for next years team...they will have to get through 162 games of the regular season and the first round of the playoffs just to be where we are today. 7 wins from the World Series. Of course it's a LONG way and they certainly are FAR from favorites. But they are here right now, so lets enjoy it for what it's worth.

Oct 17 15 10:48 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

I'm almost ready to start thinking that my Mets actually have a decent shot of not only beating the Cubs but winning it all after last night, after yet again beating the top 2 pitchers on the opposing team and still having one of their aces awaiting,and having another good pitcher to pitch game 4 and not have t make anyone go on 3 days rest...
Mind you they are now going to a place where the Cubs dominate because they play to their stadiums stength,but if the now cold winds of fall are blowing in off the lake and DeGrom pitches his game they look good

Oct 19 15 04:33 am Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
I'm almost ready to start thinking that my Mets actually have a decent shot of not only beating the Cubs but winning it all after last night, after yet again beating the top 2 pitchers on the opposing team and still having one of their aces awaiting,and having another good pitcher to pitch game 4 and not have t make anyone go on 3 days rest...
Mind you they are now going to a place where the Cubs dominate because they play to their stadiums stength,but if the now cold winds of fall are blowing in off the lake and DeGrom pitches his game they look good

That's more like it! big_smile

They are hot right now! Kind of remind me of the Giants run for Super Bowl 42. They weren't the best team in the league but everything clicked at the right moments.

The Cubs are TOUGH at Wrigley. It will be deGrom vs. one of their weaker starters...As if he didn't already this season, he proved himself during game 5 against the Dodgers that he can still manage to get deep into the game with much less than his best stuff. So if it's game 1 deGrom on the mound...Mets will be up 3-0. It it's game 5 deGrom, they will still have a great shot at taking a 3-0 lead.

Either way, the Cubs have a powerhouse line up so I guess I shouldn't get too excited yet, but 6 games away now! big_smile
Besides pitching...It seems like Murphy sold his soul in exchange for the most clutch post season ever! It's like they are throwing beach balls to him every time he steps up. Wright got a HUGE hit. Granderson had some hits and SB's. Cespedes is always a threat.

Lets go Mets!

Oct 19 15 10:24 am Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

How bout them Mets?!!?

Oct 20 15 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

I am absolutely  ecstatic to be so wrong about how I thought it would go
Just might be the most devestating pitching staff I have seen in my lifetime,because unlike the Braves of the 90s,that blew a lot of leads late,the Mets also have a great and deep bullpen, hell,they have 2 starters that would be starting for the Cubs in Niese And Colon that can work long relief a good set up man,and a great closer.
Mets score 3 runs when the big 3 are pitching it's basicly over

Oct 21 15 08:38 am Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Man already 6-0 . Brooms????

Oct 21 15 06:26 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Daniel Murphy. WTF!!! This streak is unreal.

Oct 22 15 01:57 am Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

I was about to point to an ominous sign that it seemed Murphy was single handedly carrying the team offensively with only Granderson hitting,but saw some signs others are waking up,Wright getting good on base at a high rate ,Duda waking up,and knowing how streaky he can be if he goes on one of his own  5 home runs in 5 games tear,wow

Matz could have gone 7,but I think Collins worked the staff and pen the way he did because he had to get these guys some work..and figured save him for the ws..
those 3 starters, the only chance the other team will have is tone get out to a 2 nothing lead going back to NY And force the Mets to use their big 3 on short rest,because if the Mets get out to a 2 nothingwas,or even tied at 1 going back th k NY,they won't short rest anyone. .

Oct 22 15 09:52 am Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:
I was about to point to an ominous sign that it seemed Murphy was single handedly carrying the team offensively with only Granderson hitting,but saw some signs others are waking up,Wright getting good on base at a high rate ,Duda waking up,and knowing how streaky he can be if he goes on one of his own  5 home runs in 5 games tear,wow

Matz could have gone 7,but I think Collins worked the staff and pen the way he did because he had to get these guys some work..and figured save him for the ws..
those 3 starters, the only chance the other team will have is tone get out to a 2 nothing lead going back to NY And force the Mets to use their big 3 on short rest,because if the Mets get out to a 2 nothingwas,or even tied at 1 going back th k NY,they won't short rest anyone. .

Yeah he was. But...in the Mets defense they were facing Cy Young winners and post season vets all playoffs lol. Seriously! Makes a lot of sense that not many people were hot. It was great seeing Duda/Conforto back to back homer in the first. The pitching was...well the same they have been the entire post season.

I was kinda bummed to see Matz pulled so quick. He was an out away from getting the win so I would have liked to see him get 5 innings. But I respect Collins, so I trust his judgement. He def wanted to get the bull pen in. He probably wanted Matz to end the game on a highnote as well and didn't even want to give him a chance to get hit from the Cubs. Lastly he still is on pitch limits so that can be it too. (not that he was even in the 80 pitch count yet was he?) Eitherway,I don't have a favorite to play in the WS. I just want this to get started all ready. I like our chances. big_smile

Oct 22 15 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

R Bruce Duncan

Santa Barbara, California, US

How many innings?

Oct 27 15 10:13 pm Link