Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > question for moms

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

My lovely lady friend is expecting a baby on or around Dec. 18th.
I AM SO FUCKING EXCITED!!!  I couldn't be more Monkey-with-cymbals if I tried.

I'd like to get her a nice gift. Something particularly for her, not for the baby, not for the family, just for herself.
My question to the mothers who'd be so good as to participate here: what did you most long for after having the baby? What would have been practical/was particularly spectacular/did you really appreciate for yourself? In what context?  (sleep for more than 4 hours ? A spa day? Sore boob cream? Halp! Please!
Please feel free to pm me if it's too personal.

I appreciate all your contributions.

My friend lives here in Columbus, it's her first baby, she is in her mid 20's and lives with her fiancé and a small dog in an apartment.

Oct 13 15 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Spa day, massage or some kind of pampering -- appt to get hair done -- babysitter so she can have some time to herself.

Oct 14 15 09:42 am Link

Photographer

Images By Cynthia

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I know for me, when I had my first baby I just wanted to be with him all of the time. I didn't want to sleep because I didn't want to miss a thing. If I had to leave him to go to the store or do an errand I missed him like crazy. Nothing compares to that amazing love you have with your very first sweet little baby. That being said, the gifts I really appreciated the most were soft onesies for him for sizes up to a year old. Also very soft baby blankets. My first son is now 9 and I still have one of his soft baby blankets a girlfriend of mine got me for my baby shower. I don'r remember anything anyone got me for just me. It was all about the new baby and I loved everyone who gave me gifts to enjoy my new and very precious love.

Oct 21 15 07:50 pm Link