Forums > Model Colloquy > Am I worth your time?

Photographer

JGunPhoto

Los Angeles, California, US

Because I have no way to measure if I'm worth shooting with, I'm asking you all.

Take a look at my port, then imagine I sent you an inquiry for a TF* shoot, concept of your choosing, (or I've got tons of ideas).

Would you say,

1. Paid only please (and what would your rate be?)
2. Sure, I'd love some images from you!

No, I'm not in need of models at the moment, but I need people other than my friends to tell me if I'm any good.
Friends and family tend to be biased.

I realize my port is short on lifestyle/editorial work.

Cheers

Nov 17 15 11:20 pm Link

Model

Jordan Bunniie

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Go to the critique forum, no one can give you answers you're looking for in this forum.

Nov 17 15 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

JGunPhoto

Los Angeles, California, US

Jordan Bunniie wrote:
Go to the critique forum, no one can give you answers you're looking for in this forum.

Crap, totally forgot there was a forum for that.

Please delete this post admins.

Nov 17 15 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

Rays Fine Art

New York, New York, US

Of course you could just go ahead and send the nicely phrased inquiry letters to a half dozen or so models in your area or, if you're a bit shy, post a casting call or two.

Seems to me that would answer your question better than the opinions of a bunch of photographers (who are by far the more likely respondents to your critique posting).  Photographers, as a group, tend to not understand what models want and need which is usually not necessarily "good" pictures but rather pictures that make them look good to other photographers. "Good" is a highly fluid standard.  It depends on many possible influences such as genre, goals or uses of the photographs, expertise (or lack thereof) on the part of the reviewer, even the current condition of his digestion and bowels.

If you have no current need for models, given the frequent cries of "Where are the models? we see from other photographers, you appear to already have the answer as to whether you're good enough or not.

All IMHO as always, of course.

Nov 19 15 03:24 pm Link