Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Model mayhem's gender demographic (I figure)?

Model

Stella Sidney

Los Angeles, California, US

40% heterosexual male photographers in their 30-50s
60% heterosexual female models ages 16-35

anyone have anything to add or dispute to this?

Dec 13 15 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Mousseline wrote:

Hello Love!  By your ratio it looks like I'm in the 40%.  I'm not so sure about your accuracy, but I'm just happy to see you posting in here.   It's been so terribly boring without you.  Cyber hug!

Dec 13 15 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

So.. no gay, lesbian or bi or anything else, by your estimation?

Dec 13 15 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Peter Claver wrote:

also no male models, or female photographers, or any other account types besides photog or model.
seems legit and well thought out.

Dec 13 15 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Mousseline wrote:

Are you trying to profile the two single biggest subgroups of total MM membership based on gender?

If that is the demographic you are looking for, and from generally current members and by gut judgement:

I will guess that most MM photographers are male, hetrosexual, between 35-65
I will guess that most MM models are female, hetrosexual, between 18-35

By sampling the ratio of photographers to models in the United States, regardless of gender, I would say that the split is about:

57% models
43% photographers

If I was composing advertisements to target MM members by gender, those numbers might be in the ballpark. I think the model/photographer ratio can generally be applied to the "typical" gender demographics above

If we are talking about normal bell curve distributions within two standard deviations, I think your numbers are good enough to bank on.

Dec 13 15 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

I'm just confused. I didn't even get a category. I think she has an issue with confused people. Oh well, sucks to be me.

Dec 13 15 04:26 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Click Hamilton wrote:
Are you trying to determine the two biggest subgroups of total MM membership based on gender?

pretty much

Dec 13 15 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

i once stumbled on a link that had mm membership stats but i cant find it anymore.

edit: here ya go i found it n the main page at the bottom as ADVERTISING.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/advertising

Dec 13 15 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Mousseline wrote:

pretty much

well trolled Mousey, well trolled.

Dec 13 15 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Mousseline wrote:
pretty much

Smart cookie, you are.

What are you thinking of selling?

Dec 13 15 04:54 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Paolo Diavolo wrote:

well trolled Mousey, well trolled.

how is this trolling?

Dec 13 15 04:57 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Click Hamilton wrote:
Smart cookie, you are.

What are you thinking of selling?

just curiosity

Dec 13 15 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Mousseline wrote:
just curiosity

I think you are good with understanding people as markets and have a naturally analytical brain.

That's probably why your threads are always good. You are good at managing people in blocks.

I think you would be good at building sales strategies or developing public response to whatever  you want to promote.

I like your entrepreneurial curiosity.

Dec 13 15 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Peter Claver wrote:

I was about to post the same thing

Dec 13 15 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Mousseline wrote:
how is this trolling?

in the thread title you state gender stats, but first post suddenly brings up sexual preferences with disregard for all options and includes age ranges.

Based on your history of your ignorant posts, I figured this was another attempt by you to offend someone.

T R O L L
trōl
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
informal
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"
fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat.
"we trolled for mackerel"

Dec 13 15 05:06 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

The F-Stop wrote:
edit: here ya go i found it n the main page at the bottom as ADVERTISING.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/advertising

excellent find!

Site Demographics
Male     58%
Female    42%

I guess that completes this thread. smile
....but *waits for trainwreck to occur eventually ending in locked thread*.

Dec 13 15 05:09 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Paolo Diavolo wrote:

in the thread title you state gender stats, but first post suddenly brings up sexual preferences with disregard for all options and includes age ranges.

Based on your history of your ignorant posts, I figured this was another attempt by you to offend someone.

T R O L L
trōl
verb
gerund or present participle: trolling
informal
make a deliberately offensive or provocative online posting with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"
fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat.
"we trolled for mackerel"

not my intentions. I'm going  to leave this at that. That's why in the post I said you can dispute this if you feel fit.

Dec 13 15 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Mousseline wrote:
not my intentions. I'm going  to leave this at that. That's why in the post I said you can dispute this if you feel fit.

well someone already provided you a link to gender statistics.
nothing to dispute there.

why you threw in "heterosexual"? or the age ranges which are kinda narrow, we will never know.

Dec 13 15 05:15 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
well someone already provided you a link to gender statistics.
nothing to dispute there.

why you threw in "heterosexual"? or the age ranges which are kinda narrow, we will never know.

the link was what I was looking for.

Dec 13 15 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

highStrangeness

Carmichael, California, US

Paolo Diavolo wrote:

excellent find!

Site Demographics
Male     58%
Female    42%

I guess that completes this thread. smile
....but *waits for trainwreck to occur eventually ending in locked thread*.

Here you go.

https://egotvonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/trainwreck2-600x402.jpg

Dec 13 15 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Mousseline wrote:

Yes. There ARE gay folks on MM. I have worked with several. Others post on the forums on a regular basis. MM membership is NOT limited to heterosexuals. Also, I wonder if some laughable inanity will immediately follow this post. We shall see. big_smile

Dec 13 15 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Mousseline , every time you start a thread it's like chumming the water. All these little fish come swimming toward your feet, then they start flipping around on the ground when they are out of the water.

As much as they try to mock you and derail your threads, they keep coming back for more of your chum.

You have a special talent.

Dec 13 15 05:40 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Click Hamilton wrote:
Mousseline , every time you start a thread it's like chumming the water. All these little fish come swimming toward your feet, then they start flipping around on the ground when they are out of the water.

As much as they try to mock you and derail your threads, they keep coming back for more.

Thank you for the compliment, click. It means a lot coming from you.

Dec 13 15 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

kickfight wrote:
Yes. There ARE gay folks on MM. I have worked with several. Others post on the forums on a regular basis. MM membership is NOT limited to heterosexuals.

May I ask what the relevance of this is to her question?

Ditto for male models or female photographers or all the other exceptions being suggested or named above.

I like Lohkee's demographic. I want to go there  and party with him tongue

Dec 13 15 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

kickfight wrote:

Yes. There ARE gay folks on MM. I have worked with several. Others post on the forums on a regular basis. MM membership is NOT limited to heterosexuals.

I have also.

Dec 13 15 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Mousseline wrote:
Thank you for the compliment, click. It means a lot coming from you.

Please be careful.

If you are nice to me, maybe MORE people will become antagonistic toward you.

Dec 13 15 05:49 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

Click Hamilton wrote:
Please be careful.

If you are nice to me, maybe MORE people will become antagonistic toward you.

what makes you think that?

I've always thought you were very revered on this site. Like MM's Cecil B. Demille.

Dec 13 15 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Click Hamilton wrote:

as soon as she starts a thread i get my arm floaties on cause I'm gonna jump in.

Dec 13 15 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

aspergianLens wrote:

Here you go.

https://egotvonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/trainwreck2-600x402.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLf6pp5Tvk8

Dec 13 15 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Click Hamilton wrote:

As much as they try to mock you and derail your threads, they keep coming back for more of your chum.

borat

Dec 13 15 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Mousseline wrote:
what makes you think that?

I've always thought you were very revered on this site. Like MM's Cecil B. Demille.

Cecil B. Demille had his own detractors and critics as well. He was an original thinker and a pioneer. He took lots of arrows from people who resented him for their own arrogant and intolerant reasons.

There are people here who have decided to hate me viscerally for who they think I am. It's not my job to iron out all their wrinkles for them. I don't mind picking their brains and feelings a little and saying whatever is on my mind. Even when I'm wrong. When I'm wrong, it's not usually intentional, but I'm often a clumsy guy like that. I make mistakes like everyone else. I don't mind testing their hot buttons a little to help me understand things better and to help keep threads interesting. I try to stay within the boundaries of the MM forum rules.

Like the little fish flipping around on the ground at your feet, some of them love to keep coming back for the chum I throw out too, even if their purpose is to attack and belittle me simply for showing up. Some of them get so wound up they go to FB to whine about me behind my back. I'm just trying to feed them the chum they like to eat.   

Some of them are adamant about wanting me driven out of MM altogether. You know how people can be selfish and intolerant when their passions are aroused and when they think others should grovel in the presence of their greatness. I don't care. I appreciate opinions from everyone. If and when that day of forced departure ever comes, then they can have fun diddling themselves until everyone else is gone too.

Other people like me. So far, I'm still here.

I like the subject of demographics you raised here. I'm curious about things too. I am naturally drawn to subjects like advertising or understanding lies and propaganda, or seeking truth from under all the blah-blah. I like all kinds of communication arts. That's why I like taking pictures. It's a good way to convey meanings or to reach out to people. Images can express many things. I like people. I like what people are capable of doing.

Good luck with your thread.

Dec 13 15 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Paolo Diavolo wrote:

as soon as she starts a thread i get my arm floaties on cause I'm gonna jump in.

lol

Dec 13 15 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Paolo Diavolo wrote:

It's fun, isn't it?

bunny

Dec 13 15 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Click Hamilton wrote:

It's fun, isn't it?

bunny

I'm just happy to see any action on these forums nowadays.

Dec 13 15 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Click Hamilton wrote:

Cecil B. Demille had his own detractors and critics as well. He was an original thinker and a pioneer. He took lots of arrows from people who resented him for their own arrogant and intolerant reasons.

There are people here who have decided to hate me viscerally for who I am. I don't mind picking their brains and feelings a little and saying whatever is on my mind. Even when I'm wrong. When I'm wrong, it's not usually intentional, but I'm often a clumsy guy like that. I make mistakes like everyone else. I don't mind testing their hot buttons a little to help me understand things better and to help keep threads interesting. I try to stay within the boundaries of the MM forum rules.

Like the little fish flipping around on the ground at your feet, some of them love to keep coming back for the chum I throw out too, even if their purpose is to attack and belittle me simply for showing up. I'm just trying to feed them what they like to eat.   

Some of them are adamant about wanting me driven out of MM altogether. You know how people can be selfish and intolerant when their passions are aroused and when they think others should grovel in the presence of their greatness. I don't care. I appreciate opinions from everyone. If and when that day of forced departure ever comes, then they can have fun diddling themselves until everyone else is gone too.

Other people like me. So far, I'm still here.

I like the subject of demographics you raised here. I'm curious about things too. I am naturally drawn to subjects like advertising or understanding propaganda, or seeking truth under all the blah-blah, and other kinds of communication arts. That's why I like taking pictures. It's a good way to convey meanings or to reach out to people. I like people. I like what people are capable of doing.

It can get boring in these forums when nothing challenging is posted for days at a time.   I enjoy learning new things in the forums.  Your contributions are appreciated.  Thank you!

Dec 13 15 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

Slack Dragon

Fort Worth, Texas, US

Mousseline wrote:

I believe Click sees himself as closer to MM's G. W. Pabst.

Dec 13 15 06:30 pm Link

Model

Stella Sidney

I see myself as MM's D. W. Griffith

Dec 13 15 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

kickfight wrote:

Click Hamilton wrote:
May I ask what the relevance of this is to her question?

You may. lol

Dec 13 15 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Slack Dragon wrote:
I believe Click sees himself as closer to MM's G. W. Pabst.

You just made me thirsty tongue

https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xta1/v/t1.0-0/p240x240/12072831_512657635562801_2735910679464398297_n.jpg?oh=bec139155dd87508e3fd227c345be80d&oe=568C279E&__gda__=1455728363_c6c427d9b08a4da6abf6a4b84fcf61d4

In the meantime, I'll go look up the G.W. part

Dec 13 15 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Mousseline wrote:
I see myself as MM's D. W. Griffith

Intolerance or Birth Of A Nation? tongue

Dec 13 15 06:44 pm Link