Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

My pick ...

Christian McCaffrey

Jan 02 16 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

yeah, that was obvious. the problem for him was that all the sec honks make too much noise, plus a lot of stanford's games this year were long after all the east coast eyes were already passed out.

he definitely should have won it. the record he broke was way more impressive than henry's.

i'd be willing to wager that a lot of heisman voters are rethinking their votes this time around, especially after these bowl games. henry=75 yards. mccaffrey? well, let's just say it was no contest. smile

Jan 02 16 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

GK photo wrote:
yeah, that was obvious. the problem for him was that all the sec honks make too much noise, plus a lot of stanford's games this year were long after all the east coast eyes were already passed out.

he definitely should have won it. the record he broke was way more impressive than henry's.

i'd be willing to wager that a lot of heisman voters are rethinking their votes this time around, especially after these bowl games. henry=75 yards. mccaffrey? well, let's just say it was no contest. smile

I think many of the Heisman voters are hiding with their tails between their legs ... LOL

Watching McCaffrey play yesterday in the Rose Bowl was truly a "once in a lifetime" kodak moment! I doubt if that kind of performance with ever be displayed by any other player in college football.

Jan 02 16 04:13 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Oh god... please. This is easy:

Ezekiel Elliot and Joey Bosa of Ohio State. Anyone with a brain has them picked in the top 5 (usually 1 and 2). Both will be top first round draft picks.

Jan 03 16 07:20 am Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

Model Sarah wrote:

Ezekiel Elliot and Joey Bosa of Ohio State. Anyone with a brain has them picked in the top 5 (usually 1 and 2). Both will be top first round draft picks.

Hmm ... Okaaaaaaaaay, well thank you for your input.

McCaffrey has set records which no other "single" player has come close to and while he was only a sophomore this season.

Jan 03 16 07:49 am Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

Model Sarah wrote:

I'll second that, especially Bosa.

Jan 03 16 08:34 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

oh please. are you two brutus homers still butthurt over the msu loss? lol and nice way for bosa to go out, in his last game.

i don't believe draft status was what this thread was about. especially since mccaffrey will still be on the farm next year.

Jan 03 16 09:18 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

GK photo wrote:
oh please. are you two brutus homers still butthurt over the msu loss? lol and nice way for bosa to go out, in his last game.

i don't believe draft status was what this thread was about. especially since mccaffrey will still be on the farm next year.

Yeah except every fucking poll out there has Elliot and Bosa in the top 5 and usually 1 and 2. I don't know what the hell you're talking about with the loss. That has jack shit to do with how talented those two are. That targeting rule is completely dumb and anyone with half of a brain agrees.

Jan 03 16 11:09 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Bare Essential Photos wrote:
Hmm ... Okaaaaaaaaay, well thank you for your input.

McCaffrey has set records which no other "single" player has come close and while he was only a sophomore this season.

Um.... Elliot has set numerous records this season. Elliott moved into second-place all-time, ahead of Eddie George, for career rushing yards at Ohio State. Elliott's three-season two, really (he's only a junior) he didn't play much as a freshman total of 3,812 ranks behind only Archie Griffin's four-season total of 5,589 yards. That's not counting his 149 yards he got in the Fiesta Bowl.

Imagine if he played the majority of the time freshman year and stayed next year. He'd surpass that.

Jan 03 16 11:28 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

puhleeease! mccaffrey broke the single season all purpose yardage record for ALL of div 1-a college football. not some team (or conference, in the case of henry) record.

he got hosed in the heisman vote. and i don't recall elliott being invited to ny for the ceremony. tongue

Jan 03 16 11:56 am Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

Model Sarah wrote:
Um.... Elliot has set numerous records this season. Elliott moved into second-place all-time, ahead of Eddie George, for career rushing yards at Ohio State. Elliott's three-season two, really (he's only a junior) he didn't play much as a freshman total of 3,812 ranks behind only Archie Griffin's four-season total of 5,589 yards. That's not counting his 149 yards he got in the Fiesta Bowl.

Imagine if he played the majority of the time freshman year and stayed next year. He'd surpass that.

That doesn't come close to the various records McCaffrey broke, including the most important one -- the NCAA all purpose yardage formerly held by Heisman winner, Barry Sanders.

That's the Holy grail of college football records, Model Sarah.

Jan 03 16 11:58 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

GK photo wrote:
puhleeease! mccaffrey broke the single season all purpose yardage record for ALL of div 1-a college football. not some team (or conference, in the case of henry) record.

he got hosed in the heisman vote. and i don't recall elliott being invited to ny for the ceremony. tongue

Yeah he's clearly in the top 5 on all the polls. lol

I'm sure the question was opinion related... and I gave you my thoughts so calm down.

Jan 03 16 12:00 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

That doesn't come close to the various records McCaffrey broke, including the most important one -- the NCAA all purpose yardage formerly held by Heisman winner, Barry Sanders.

That's the Holy grail of college football records, Model Sarah.

So why did you start a thread on wanting to know opinions when you're trying to steamroll with one dude?

Jan 03 16 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

Model Sarah wrote:
Yeah except every fucking poll out there has Elliot and Bosa in the top 5 and usually 1 and 2. I don't know what the hell you're talking about with the loss. That has jack shit to do with how talented those two are. That targeting rule is completely dumb and anyone with half of a brain agrees.

Of course, anyone with a half brain would agree you.

However, anyone with a whole brain would definitely disagree with you.

My reason for creating this thread was to see if something was overlooked in regards to a rational reason for not viewing Christian McCaffrey as the best college football player this past season.

I have yet to see one.

Jan 03 16 12:04 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Of course, anyone with a half brain would agree you.

However, anyone with a whole brain would definitely disagree with you.

My reason for creating this thread was to see if something was overlooked in regards to a rational reason for not viewing Christian McCaffrey as the best college football player this past season.

I have yet to see one.

I've never even heard of him until the Rose Bowl and the news he lost the Heisman. That should tell you something. lol

Jan 03 16 12:11 pm Link

Photographer

Bare Essential Photos

Upland, California, US

Model Sarah wrote:
I've never even heard of him until the Rose Bowl and the news he lost the Heisman. That should tell you something. lol

It does explain your stance regarding this thread.

Jan 03 16 12:15 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

It does explain your stance regarding this thread.

So let me get this straight, two guys who CLEARLY love Southern California football are arguing that a sophmore from Stanford is a better player than Joey Bosa or Ezekiel Elliot? I want to get that straight.

Jan 03 16 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

omfg!!!! you are so fucking funny, sarah! smile

take your columbus blinders off, for one freaking minute. you already said you'd never even heard of mccaffrey until the other day. uhhh, everyone has. everyone who follows ncaa football, that is. the problem is, most of the media that follows it don't think that anyone west of columbus even plays the game. hence, henry getting the heisman.

the op asked about who the best college football player was this year. the usual barometer for that is the heisman trophy winner. all i'm saying is that they royally fucked that up this year. there was no more valuable member to ANY team than mccaffrey.  and the numbers he put up were staggering, and completely back up that claim.

stanford played a lot of their games very late, east cost time, and nobody (other than real college football fans) got to see how amazing his work was.

the only two games they got to see were the notre dame game, which--granted--wasn't his best. the other one was the pac 12 championship, where he single-handedly killed MY team. like he had been doing all season long.

zeke elliott should be in this conversation as much as sam elliott should be. tongue and bosa? he wasn't even the best college defensive player this year. and if tennessee takes him as the first pick next year, they're dumber than they already seem.

you homer... smile

Jan 03 16 08:22 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

GK photo wrote:

Nice rhetoric.  Is that how you respond to those who have different opinions than yours?  I have no special interest or allegiance to any school, other than the small private college I attended.

Jan 04 16 10:34 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

GK photo wrote:
omfg!!!! you are so fucking funny, sarah! smile

take your columbus blinders off, for one freaking minute. you already said you'd never even heard of mccaffrey until the other day. uhhh, everyone has. everyone who follows ncaa football, that is. the problem is, most of the media that follows it don't think that anyone west of columbus even plays the game. hence, henry getting the heisman.

the op asked about who the best college football player was this year. the usual barometer for that is the heisman trophy winner. all i'm saying is that they royally fucked that up this year. there was no more valuable member to ANY team than mccaffrey.  and the numbers he put up were staggering, and completely back up that claim.

stanford played a lot of their games very late, east cost time, and nobody (other than real college football fans) got to see how amazing his work was.

the only two games they got to see were the notre dame game, which--granted--wasn't his best. the other one was the pac 12 championship, where he single-handedly killed MY team. like he had been doing all season long.

zeke elliott should be in this conversation as much as sam elliott should be. tongue and bosa? he wasn't even the best college defensive player this year. and if tennessee takes him as the first pick next year, they're dumber than they already seem.

you homer... smile

There's really no reason to have this attitude. Please avoid responding to me in the forums any further. 2016 resolution is to avoid negativity and I'll start with you.

I'll leave you two Stanford fans to hold each others hands.

Jan 04 16 11:08 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

I'm still bummed that the Navy quarterback (Keenan Reynolds) got snubbed by the Heisman committee  .  .  .  I guess if you have no NFL aspirations, you don't get noticed  .  .  . 

SOS

Jan 04 16 11:17 am Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

sospix wrote:
I'm still bummed that the Navy quarterback (Keenan Reynolds) got snubbed by the Heisman committee  .  .  .  I guess if you have no NFL aspirations, you don't get noticed  .  .  . 

SOS

I agree, he's a top quarterback...and one of the best to come out of Navy since Staubach.
It's seriously difficult to pick the "top" college football player...especially in light of differing positions, offense and defense.
McCaffery is one of the best running backs, as is the Heisman pick from Alabama. If Boykin didn't pull his idiotic stunt, I'd have put him in the list. Bosa is hard to beat on defense and he'll go really high in the draft. Overall, a great year for talent.

Jan 04 16 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Happy Guy Photos

Upland, California, US

FlirtynFun Photography wrote:
I agree, he's a top quarterback...and one of the best to come out of Navy since Staubach.
It's seriously difficult to pick the "top" college football player...especially in light of differing positions, offense and defense.
McCaffery is one of the best running backs, as is the Heisman pick from Alabama. If Boykin didn't pull his idiotic stunt, I'd have put him in the list. Bosa is hard to beat on defense and he'll go really high in the draft. Overall, a great year for talent.

McCaffrey broke the combined rushing and receiving yardage record in Rose Bowl history. The Rose Bowl is not only the longest running bowl in NCAA history, it also held more bowl games from top ranked teams than any other bowl. In other words, no other bowl compares to it.

McCaffrey also broke the "all time NCAA" record for all purpose yardage. That's not a team or conference record, it's a NCAA record. That includes all teams and conferences in NCAA football history.

His records trump those of other great players like Archie Griffin, Tony Dorsett, Earl Campbell, Herschal Walker, Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, and anyone else in NCAA football history.

As such, it goes without saying that McCaffrey's record (documented) performance this season goes way beyond your opinion about Bosa being "hard to beat" or "really high on the draft."

Jan 04 16 06:30 pm Link