Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > NPR stories about House M.D. vs. Reality

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Thought this was interesting.
I finished 8 seasons of House.
Loved it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor … =127593663

https://cdn.pastemagazine.com/www/articles/house%20md%20first%20to%20last%20main.jpg

Jan 07 16 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

R Bruce Duncan

Santa Barbara, California, US

This topic is way above my pay grade.

I suspect, but cannot confirm, irony?

Anyway...

House is great, as is NPR.

Did I say my radio dial is stuck on NPR?

Carry on.

RBD

Jan 08 16 05:52 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

R Bruce Duncan wrote:
This topic is way above my pay grade.

I suspect, but cannot confirm, irony?

Anyway...

House is great, as is NPR.

Did I say my radio dial is stuck on NPR?

Carry on.

RBD

I appreciate you appreciating House & NPR.
smile

Jan 08 16 05:53 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

I'm just amazed that not one but TWO books were written about House by the same author.

Jan 08 16 05:54 pm Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

I loved that show! The ending felt abrupt to me though...

If I recall correctly wasn't the fictitious hospital House worked at a "Teaching Hospital"? And I remember a few episodes where there was charity-related business. And there was that whole story arch about Cuddy securing that HUGE donation from that rich businessdude who then proceeded to try to get House fired.

Who knows if each patient who goes through House's barrage of tests really is required to pay for them all?

Maybe House gets a special House Clause where he can run any damn test he wants without charging his patient. Because god knows he puts them through enough superfluous ones.

Jan 08 16 05:58 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Isis22 wrote:
I'm just amazed that not one but TWO books were written about House by the same author.

I felt a great awe to Dr. House.
I'm still thinking about him.
I fell in love with his character I think.

Jan 08 16 06:01 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

CamelliaFlower wrote:
I loved that show! The ending felt abrupt to me though...

If I recall correctly wasn't the fictitious hospital House worked at a "Teaching Hospital"? And I remember a few episodes where there was charity-related business. And there was that whole story arch about Cuddy securing that HUGE donation from that rich businessdude who then proceeded to try to get House fired.

Who knows if each patient who goes through House's barrage of tests really is required to pay for them all?

Maybe House gets a special House Clause where he can run any damn test he wants without charging his patient. Because god knows he puts them through enough superfluous ones.

I loved the ending.  I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone who hasn't watched it, but it warmed my heart.

Jan 08 16 06:02 pm Link

Model

CamelliaFlower

New York, New York, US

Jules NYC wrote:
I loved the ending.  I don't want to spoil the ending for anyone who hasn't watched it, but it warmed my heart.

I loved the ending, it cracked me up and yet warmed my heart to see that THIS is the story/theme House M.D. boiled down to...but it still felt strangely abrupt to me. It really came out of left field...there are plot twists and then there are "Wait. What just happened....?"

Jan 08 16 06:10 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

CamelliaFlower wrote:
I loved the ending, it cracked me up and yet warmed my heart to see that THIS is the story/theme House M.D. boiled down to...but it still felt strangely abrupt to me. It really came out of left field...there are plot twists and then there are "Wait. What just happened....?"

Remember what House said to the dying heroin junkie & talking about being a better person?
I think it's the same epiphany why he bought a motorcycle without knowing how to ride one lest having a limp.
That little girl that had cancer showed him something he didn't understand.

Let me take the fall.
For you, for that prank.
You don't owe me anything.
- You tried to save me.
- I failed.
Motives don't matter.
Only actions.
Trying is an action.
Why are you trying to talk me out of this? You just fake the records.
You say I came into the clinic last week.
I'll tell the cops you treated me like crap, so I stole your tickets and flushed 'em.
Thank you.
And you're doing this because you're dying? I'm doing this because I have nothing left to lose.
So when you were living, you did nothing for anyone and you didn't care.
Now that you're dying, you're willing to help a virtual stranger.
Which means you're a better person dying than you ever were living, and the world is a better place because I didn't save you.

https://images2.fanpop.com/images/soapbox/house-md_6205_top.jpg?cache=1225891134

Jan 08 16 06:26 pm Link