Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > just when i wanted to try the new mad max flick

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

okay, i wanted (mistakenly) to see what all the hype was about, i put my redbox rental into my bluray player, and wouldn't you know, it only decoded the audio in 2.0 stereo. the disc wasn't that dirty (and i cleaned it), and had no scratches, so i'll assume a factory glitch.

it doesn't matter. i tried about five minutes of it, and i would have bailed anyway, even if it was in 7.1. i need to stick to things i know (or at least can assume) that i'll like.

Jan 29 16 11:06 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

GK photo wrote:
okay, i wanted (mistakenly) to see what all the hype was about, i put my redbox rental into my bluray player, and wouldn't you know, it only decoded the audio in 2.0 stereo. the disc wasn't that dirty (and i cleaned it), and had no scratches, so i'll assume a factory glitch.

it doesn't matter. i tried about five minutes of it, and i would have bailed anyway, even if it was in 7.1. i need to stick to things i know (or at least can assume) that i'll like.

Only problem with sticking only to what you know is you will occasionally miss something new that you might really enjoy.

You just have to accept the fact that you WILL see some real bombs. Hopefully the ratio of new good stuff will balance out the bombs smile

I try a lot of new music, and new genres of movies... and, to be honest, I give a lot of them a pass, and move on to something else. But, every once in a while I find something new that I really enjoy.

Jan 29 16 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

GK photo wrote:

Yeah, I didn't experience the thrill either. I stayed with it longer than five minutes, but not much. Apparently, what I look for in a movie, its fans don't, and what they get thrills from leaves me cold. Ah, well. Different tastes. Next.

Jan 30 16 05:16 am Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

BAH! I loved that movie!
But then wasn't expecting Shakespeare, might have been loads in there somewhere for all I know.
Circo Del Sol motorcycle gangs on Cadillac crap stack monster trucks racing gloriously into the heart of a tornado in a sandstorm with preggo nymphs for cargo. could have been a Shakespeare, could have been.

Jan 30 16 08:08 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

Right Poes wrote:
BAH! I loved that movie!
But then wasn't expecting Shakespeare,

shakespeare? i would have been okay with george miller. as in, what he used to make. i loved the first mad max. even the badly overdubbed american release. this showed no potential. but more of a bummer was the defective disc.

edit: i just did a live chat with rb's tech support, and they're going to take the disc out of circulation. all's well...

Jan 30 16 08:17 am Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Right Poes wrote:
BAH! I loved that movie!
But then wasn't expecting Shakespeare,

GK photo wrote:
shakespeare? i would have been okay with george miller. as in, what he used to make. i loved the first mad max. even the badly overdubbed american release. this showed no potential. but more of a bummer was the defective disc.

Oh, I wasn't expecting Shakespeare either. Just identifiable characters and a cogent storyline. I didn't find either of that. Maybe others did. Good for them.

Jan 30 16 10:33 am Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

Mad Max was a thrill ride from start to finish.....you had a wonderfully awesome bad guy, immortan joe....you had wonderful action scenes such as the chase into the sandstorm scene...awesome female characters ,

and I loved the faith aspect of it how when the war boys were ready to suicide attack a enemy they would spray paint their teeth silver like the chrome grill of a car lol! and then they would shout..WITNESS!! and everyone would watch to commemorate the suicide. it was a great movie no wonder it won some awards.

Jan 30 16 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

I thought it sucked as well. Like watching a lame video game for a couple hours. Bleh.

Jan 31 16 01:09 am Link