Forums > Critique > Serious Critique > Critique my photos

Model

DaniFletcher

Irmo, South Carolina, US

I am always looking to better myself at what I do. Please critique the photos I post- feel free to critique any photos in my portfolio. I ask that you send it to me in a message rather than a comment. Be brutal- I'm looking to master. You won't hurt my feelings.

Dani F

Feb 12 16 10:51 am Link

Photographer

Lee_Photography

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Pm sent

Feb 12 16 03:27 pm Link

Photographer

Krpphoto

Cape Coral, Florida, US

In B/W image ( right of one of you on bed). I would have model bring upper torso more forward. Now her hand on floor can be moved forward . This will keep her shoulders from protruding forward and distorting her figure (so she could then wear a sexier tight top now). Next stretch her legs out with the one closest to camera low enough it's almost on the floor and the knee should be just below the knee of the far leg. The stretched legs look sexier and one leg will not be hiding the view of the other. By having the legs stretched you will also be opening up the view of the chest. Once you can see the chest you can now situate the far arm on the chest so that the elbow of that arm is low-- (near the waist) and the arm comes up somewhat diagonally - with the hand directly over the heart. The arm in full view looks graceful and is leading the viewers eyes directly to the heart- implying love , gentleness, or kindness.  Right now all you see is the hand - and although the viewer knows whose it is - it looks as though it could be coming out of the models legs. - also keep the tops of the hand slightly turned away from camera as the tops of them should not be as visible.

Feb 29 16 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

Krpphoto

Cape Coral, Florida, US

The one of you wearing a blue, orange, and yellow top. I would first see if you can make the opening of the unzipped top into more of a "V" pattern (so the opening resembles a Vneck collared shirt. This looks sexier as it invites the eyes to more upward toward the breast. This might be possible by unzipping it another inch or so. Next I would put "your right hand" ( camera left hand) so its a bit higher up on the "V" opening where the blue meets the orange color. Have the finger curve gently so that the fingertips appear to be just on the inside of this shirt. Do about the same with the other hand but place it a little bit lower on the opening/collar) - preferably just above the breast without blocking it. Now your hands are not mirroring each other and if you tilted the tops of them away from the camera lens it will look a lot more feminine. Lastly I would try to tilt the knees up higher and if you can do this what you will now have altogether is a ("V") opening between the your legs  and the (male) viewers  eyes will pop out of their sockets as they peer between her legs snd then the eyes continue following upward to the curves of the fingers into the "V" shaped opening and peering at your lovely chest. You don't have to expose the tips of the breast. Implied nude should be good enough. Make sense??

Feb 29 16 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Howard Tarragon

New York, New York, US

Just wondering why you ask for "brutal" criticism but want it PMed to you. Criticism here is rarely brutal and a public airing allows for an airing of opinions that can be very helpful to clarify problem areas and areas that are positive. Filtering opinions through many eyes or more than just yours is useful.

Be brave! We're here to help.

Mar 04 16 06:56 am Link

Photographer

Larry Sparks Photo

Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa

Howard Tarragon wrote:
Just wondering why you ask for "brutal" criticism but want it PMed to you. Criticism here is rarely brutal and a public airing allows for an airing of opinions that can be very helpful to clarify problem areas and areas that are positive. Filtering opinions through many eyes or more than just yours is useful.

Be brave! We're here to help.

Fully agree with this, well said Howard!

Apr 08 16 06:09 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

DaniFletcher wrote:
... I ask that you send it to me in a message rather than a comment...

Critique posted as a comment in your portfolio is against the rules.

Apr 08 16 02:25 pm Link

Model

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Hi folks,

I was wondering whether any industry professionals would be able to critique my images, posing and expression?

Hope you are all doing well smile

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/39772463

Apr 08 16 08:00 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Marie Strazdins wrote:
Hi folks,

I was wondering whether any industry professionals would be able to critique my images, posing and expression?

Start your own thread. Please don't hijack this one.

Apr 08 16 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

Ike Lace Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

Your portfolio is meandering, less than four of your photos work for you.

Apr 09 16 12:21 am Link

Photographer

Ike Lace Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

Marie Strazdins wrote:
Hi folks,

Looks like you need to use the restroom.  I would not recommend port use for an image like that.

Apr 09 16 12:23 am Link

Photographer

Bluestill Photography

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/40323455
As a photographer I would have never taken this photo intentionally, therefore I wonder how it made it into your port. The way you are standing is bizarre, and your hands are like a monster. The bra straps underneath the spaghetti straps have me shaking my head. Do your port some good and just remove it. As for the rest of your port, I think I see a direction you might be trying to go in, but the photos are not quite there. The other comments seem to point out the shortcomings so there is no need to be redundant. Keep shooting and mostly, keep aiming for stronger photographers. I believe with some work you will begin to create some pretty awesome photos :-)

May 24 16 05:28 pm Link