Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Annoying friend request

Photographer

Voy

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Isn't so annoying when a retoucher sends you a FR and as soon as you accept, they follow with a price list and ask for work? Most of them are far away and I have better skills than they do. Just a little rant.

Feb 27 16 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Light and Lens Studio

Sisters, Oregon, US

me voy wrote:
Isn't so annoying when a retoucher sends you a FR and as soon as you accept, they follow with a price list and ask for work? Most of them are far away and I have better skills than they do. Just a little rant.

+1

Though this is ostensibly "Where professional models meet model photographers," the announcements, at any given time are about 40% retouchers.

Feb 27 16 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Frozen Instant Imagery

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

me voy wrote:

Perhaps you shouldn't accept friend requests from retouchers?

Feb 27 16 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Frozen Instant Imagery wrote:

Perhaps you shouldn't accept friend requests from retouchers?

This. I just go to their page and block them now.

I had one retoucher re-contact me 2 times after I denied them, that's when I started just blocking them from the get-go.

Hungry dogs can hang around somebody else's doorstep.

Feb 27 16 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

AG_Boston

Boston, Massachusetts, US

It is annoying. I went as far as to write on my profile page that I don't want re-touch services. I've started emailing re-touchers a list of licensing costs when they've sent me a list of re-touch prices. For the most parts, I don't get bothered anymore.

Feb 27 16 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

Gene Cannon

Wendell, North Carolina, US

I get lots of friend requests (a lot from European and Eastern countries) ... I just deny them!

Feb 28 16 04:06 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Why do you accept their requests ?

Feb 28 16 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Don Garrett

Escondido, California, US

I just send a message, along with accepting the friend request, that, I consider "retouching", in Photoshop, and other programs, as part of the art, so I can say the image is mine, from start to finish. If someone is, blatantly, trying to sell me something, I just don't respond to the friend request, (this has happened twice, they don't annoy my by just being there).
-Don

Feb 28 16 11:03 am Link

Photographer

Park Avenue Pin-ups

Waverly, New York, US

I just ignore them and then delete a bunch at once, saves me time.

Feb 28 16 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

James Andrew Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

AG_Boston wrote:
It is annoying. I went as far as to write on my profile page that I don't want re-touch services. I've started emailing re-touchers a list of licensing costs when they've sent me a list of re-touch prices. For the most parts, I don't get bothered anymore.

I did the same, but it doesn't seem to help.  None of them read profiles, even though I basically tell everyone on my profile page that I don't want to hire them (models and retouchers both).

Doesn't seem to help much.  The retouchers that do this, it seems, just click on the FR button with abandon.

Feb 29 16 12:39 am Link

Photographer

Photography by Riddell

Hemel Hempstead, England, United Kingdom

I keep getting friend requests from retouchers constantly, who follow me round every site I'm on.

Really sadly they are even now making up names that sound like things I like in order to entrap me.

Mar 01 16 01:58 am Link

Photographer

Alien LiFe

San Jose, California, US

I just give them silent treatment ... wink

Mar 01 16 12:12 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

I feel for them....imagine you have the talent they have at digitally retouching photos...and you come across a site like model mayhem that basically is a place where all sorts of people offer others their talent and can get paid for it...so they join....and then to their disappointment maybe find its alot harder for them as I suspect models and photographers get the lions share of work and/or do their own retouching.
theres something sad about that that they have to maybe hussle and struggle more to get the most out of this site. I wish them well and admire their dogginess and determination.

Mar 01 16 06:16 pm Link