Forums > Photography Talk > US Muay Thai (pricing, how much)

Photographer

BlueWolf Photography

Prescott Valley, Arizona, US

Hi all i am doing a Muay Thai event,and just want to know how much I should charge, the person that wants me to take pics is paying for my entrance free and hotel, he asked me how much I charge,  the only think I want to know is they might fight 3 fights 2, or even 1 bout, if you win you Continue On, i might be taking like over 500 shots, but i do not want to under charge him or over charge, can  anyone help me out to for pricing

thanks

Apr 17 16 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

I would charge him an hourly rate with a minimum booking hour plus your travel time and all out-of-pocket expense.  You can also charge for edited finished images if you like.  The bottom line is to charge him the max that he is willing to pay, but must cover your bare minimum you are willing to take. 

It is all about the push and pull. It is an art.  tongue

Apr 18 16 07:07 am Link

Photographer

martin b

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

My friend does event photography around that area.  He usually charges between $400-800 plus expenses.  That covers events like movie evenings to convention coverage.  That is usually a per day expense.  Also $800 an event was what magazines used to pay for an evening event in the mid 2000's when magazines used to pay.  Good luck.

Apr 18 16 09:20 am Link

Photographer

crx studios

Los Angeles, California, US

You need to clarify the usage they will get (and the usage you will retain for yourself) before you think about price. Is it just for use on their website, or could it end up being used by a promoter to advertise a huge fight, or _____???

Btw - this can also be a negotiating point. If someone balks at your fee, you can say "OK - but then it's for such and such use only" and they'll probably say "Fine" (or else you'll discover what they really intend the pictures to be used for).

And then do yourself a favor and put it in writing in your invoice and have them sign it.

Apr 18 16 03:40 pm Link