Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > And Billy Paul has passed ...

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Sort of a one hit wonder in terms of popular music in the early 70s but he did win a Grammy for this song ( beating out the likes of Isaac Hayes , Curtis Mayfield and Ray Charles )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0tlnXoCZZk

Apr 24 16 10:20 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

great tune, great guy. r.i.p. he never did eclipse the fame he got from m&mj, but it's an indelible tune.

Apr 25 16 01:09 am Link

Photographer

Mike Collins

Orlando, Florida, US

All my childhood favorites are going.  First Keith Emerson.  Now Billy Paul.  Gato Barbieri too, but that was a little later in my early 20s. 

"Me and Mrs. Jones" holds a very special place in my heart.  And not because of what the song is about.  It was just popular when I was about 12-13 years old and we use to drive up to Detroit to visit the relatives every winter.  Winter?  Detroit?  Ha!!  Anyway, this song was on the radio and since then, every time I hear it all I ever think about is driving up I-75 at night in the back seat watching the snow fall as we drive up. 

Thank you Billy Paul for the happy memories your music brings back to me.  Rest in Peace.

Apr 25 16 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Mike Collins wrote:
All my childhood favorites are going.  First Keith Emerson.  Now Billy Paul.  Gato Barbieri too, but that was a little later in my early 20s. 

"Me and Mrs. Jones" holds a very special place in my heart.  And not because of what the song is about.  It was just popular when I was about 12-13 years old and we use to drive up to Detroit to visit the relatives every winter.  Winter?  Detroit?  Ha!!  Anyway, this song was on the radio and since then, every time I hear it all I ever think about is driving up I-75 at night in the back seat watching the snow fall as we drive up. 

Thank you Billy Paul for the happy memories your music brings back to me.  Rest in Peace.

I was a Gato fan in the 70s too . Probably the only teenager I knew that had a copy of Last Tango in Paris

Apr 25 16 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Me and Mrs Jones always has me remembering some mighty fine moments.

Apr 28 16 12:09 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

Risen Phoenix Photo wrote:
Me and Mrs Jones always has me remembering some mighty fine moments.

Amen.

Apr 28 16 03:13 am Link

Photographer

Docta Shock Fotografix

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Met him more than a few times. Really cool, had a lot of songs that were played here in Philly. Gonna miss him,

May 01 16 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

SAND DIAL

Santa Monica, California, US

+1

May 01 16 08:18 pm Link