Forums > Critique > Models, what is it about you?

Photographer

nolongerhere

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

I did something like this quite some time ago, and it was fun and interesting. If you like, I'll look at your portfolio and try to say what, if anything about face, figure, or profile would interest me most if I were considering photographing, drawing, or painting you.

Jun 08 16 11:25 pm Link

Model

Clearly Clarissa

Kitchener, Ontario, Canada

Hi! This sounds fun smile

Jun 09 16 06:15 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Please, and thank you smile

Jun 09 16 07:48 am Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Clarity, I am fascinated with ethnic faces. With that said, I found two things about you particularly of interest: a graceful, lovely profile, and a very arresting gaze.

Jun 09 16 08:50 am Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Mature, you were one who responded to my older post. I still say it is unusual for an older model to have such pretty breasts. Time and gravity have been most kind to yours. But the main things about you are your honest naturalness and your evident commitment to your role as muse.

Jun 09 16 08:59 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

desertartist wrote:
Mature, you were one who responded to my older post. I still say it is unusual for an older model to have such pretty breasts. Time and gravity have been most kind to yours. But the main things about you are your honest naturalness and your evident commitment to your role as muse.

Thank you so much for your kind comments. I have always had fun modelling and love the creativity of trying to create art with my body, and the empowerment of presenting myself naked. I am totally amazed and thankful that my body looks nice at 63, especially when I see other women naked in dressing rooms or at a naturist beach. Many people comment that my breasts are my best feature, but even I know they are not what they were 30 years ago when I first started modelling.

Jun 09 16 09:11 am Link

Model

Pauline Yee

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Me please. smile

Jun 09 16 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Pauline,

You probably saw what I said to Clarty about my fascination with ethnic faces. One thing I couldn't help noticing about you is the outstanding muscular and skeletal definition in your figure. I realize you don't do nudes, but you would be a marvelous subject for figure drawing.

Jun 09 16 06:39 pm Link

Model

Love_mya

Rockbank, Victoria, Australia

I don't have much in my portfolio currently but I'll take a chance smile

Jun 11 16 07:25 am Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Mya, my fascination with ethnic faces also applies in your case. What really strikes me about you is the incredibly smooth, delicate, sculptural nature of your figure. It is very aesthetically pleasing. It even extends to the delicacy of your hands. By the way, you might consider rewording the last sentence in your profile. It makes no sense at present.

Jun 11 16 09:08 am Link

Model

Love_mya

Rockbank, Victoria, Australia

desertartist wrote:
Mya, my fascination with ethnic faces also applies in your case. What really strikes me about you is the incredibly smooth, delicate, sculptural nature of your figure. It is very aesthetically pleasing. It even extends to the delicacy of your hands. By the way, you might consider rewording the last sentence in your profile. It makes no sense at present.

Thank You for your advice on the last part of my profile. I hope it is more clear when you read it.
Also i get a lot of comment about my hands especially the fingers.

Jun 12 16 09:30 am Link

Model

VeraBees

Houston, Texas, US

I'd love to know what you see in me.  Pardon my unprofessional pics

Jun 13 16 04:51 pm Link

Model

CharlieMW

Dallas, Texas, US

Im interested in your comments.

Jun 13 16 05:08 pm Link

Model

Alison Mc

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

desertartist wrote:
I did something like this quite some time ago, and it was fun and interesting. If you like, I'll look at your portfolio and try to say what, if anything about face, figure, or profile would interest me most if I were considering photographing, drawing, or painting you.

I'm intrigued, I'd like to hear too

Jun 13 16 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

VeraBees, What beautiful, big eyes you have! But mainly I find the long lines of your face interesting. I am always afraid that a woman will think I don't think her face or figure iis not beautiful if I say it is interesting. That is not the case at all. Your face, for instance, is both, but for me interesting trumps beautiful. There are plenty of models whose considerable beauty is so stereotypical that it is an aesthetic cliché, and, therefore aesthetically boring. That is not you. I particularly like your nose, by the way.

Jun 13 16 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Charlie, something I particularly noticed in your portfolio is how you can really rivet the viewer with your eyes when you choose to use them. I see it most in the second photo (black lingerie, red background), and to a somewhat lesser extent in the one with the mirror. I realize you don't do nudes, but I see one heck of s figure for drawing  I hope that doesn't offend you. Just a note: I grew up in Graham, not far from Dallas.

Jun 13 16 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Allison, you strike me as the Germanic or Nordic girl next door, the wholesome beauty. A strength is the balanced proportion of your facial features.

Jun 13 16 10:58 pm Link

Model

VeraBees

Houston, Texas, US

Such kind words! thank you

Jun 13 16 11:17 pm Link

Model

Onora Nox

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

What are your thoughts?

Jun 14 16 02:23 pm Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Onora, I am not a fan of the bloody horror victim sort of photography, so I am not qualified to comment on much of what you have iin your portfolio. I prefer the ones that are bizarre, but not gorey. You have a face that reminds me of Victorian china dolls. It is quite pretty, but also perfect for your chosen goth look.

Jun 14 16 02:52 pm Link

Model

Miranda Solveig Cote

Spokane, Washington, US

I love how you comment.

Jun 15 16 03:49 am Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Thank you, Isabella. I did look at your portfolio, but I am at a loss for a comment. The idea of transgender is so foreign to my experience that I feel very awkward about making any evaluation. I see quite a mix of gender characteristics in your images. Some of the physical and cultural differences between the genders are obvious (such physical things as genitalia, the presence or absence of breasts, adam's apple, or facial hair, or cultural things such as use of makeup or gender-specific clothing). Others are more subtle (physical characteristics such as the difference in body proportions or the ability of female elbows to bend slightly backward, and cultural things--at least perhaps cultural--such as manners of speech and gesture). I wish you the best in your chosen role.

Jun 15 16 06:42 am Link

Model

Little Miss Fable

High Point, North Carolina, US

I'd love to know what you think!

Jun 15 16 07:36 am Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Kelly, you are one heck of a dream muse. You obviously have a fantastic figure, head to toe, right down to long, graceful fingers. Aside from a sigh of disappointment that you are so far away, one reaction I had upon viewing your portfolio was surprise at how strikingly different your face can look with changes, however subtle, of expression or angle. This makes you, in my mind, something of a facial chameleon--almost like having several models for the price of one, so to speak. If you ever visit the Death Valley area....

Jun 15 16 08:02 am Link

Model

Rachelle DMV

Rockville, Maryland, US

Hi, I'd love to hear what you have to say smile

Jun 15 16 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Beautiful features, Rachel. There is  a harmony about the shape, size, and placement of your facial features almost as though they were purposely designed as a package. This is most evident when the camera is at or slightly below your eye level. (The head shot in the red dress and orange kicker light violates that and is less flattering.)

Jun 15 16 06:22 pm Link

Model

Annie_Lee

Binghamton, New York, US

Curious to hear your thoughts smile

Jun 16 16 05:14 am Link

Model

malefica

Durham, England, United Kingdom

I'm curious smile

Jun 16 16 05:54 am Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Annie, You have a beautiful face and figure, and I found myself at a loss as to what observation I could make that was not patently obvious, even noting that you are a skilled poser. I hope that you will have more opportunity to add additional cosplay and theatrical work to your portfolio to showcase that interest. One your tendency to change hair color, I don't think either the black or the blond look quite right on you, though I like the former more than the latter. Have you tried red? That would, I believe, really call attention to those marvelous green eyes.

Jun 16 16 07:40 am Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Malefica, I love the soft curves of your body. Your figure would be such a joy to render in classical drawing or painting. From what I read in your profile, shooting with you would be a wide-open adventure in unfettered creativity.

Jun 16 16 07:54 am Link

Model

rathiemke

Des Moines, Iowa, US

id love to know what you think

Jun 16 16 08:14 am Link

Model

gabrieller

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Would love your opinion!

Jun 16 16 10:34 pm Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Becca, You have a very nice, rather statuesque figure (wouldn't mind seeing more of it in your portfolio). There is something in your eyes that exudes sincerity. I wish you were here. I know just where I would take you for a shoot.

Jun 17 16 12:28 am Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Gabrieller, Your portfolio doesn't give me a lot to go on, but it looks to me as though you have a sweetly delicate figure. You have a pretty face, of course, but it is your powerful, distinctive profile that most appeals to me.

Jun 17 16 12:37 am Link

Model

Annie_Lee

Binghamton, New York, US

This sounds fun! Can't wait to see what you think smile

Jun 17 16 05:57 am Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

Annie, scroll up. We did this already.

Jun 17 16 07:01 am Link

Model

Jen B E

Hesperia, California, US

Hello I'm game.

This is from my 18+ but if you prefer non 18+ I'm also  https://www.modelmayhem.com/2196584

Thank you for your thread.
Jen

Jun 17 16 07:07 am Link

Model

Annie_Lee

Binghamton, New York, US

desertartist wrote:
Annie, You have a beautiful face and figure, and I found myself at a loss as to what observation I could make that was not patently obvious, even noting that you are a skilled poser. I hope that you will have more opportunity to add additional cosplay and theatrical work to your portfolio to showcase that interest. One your tendency to change hair color, I don't think either the black or the blond look quite right on you, though I like the former more than the latter. Have you tried red? That would, I believe, really call attention to those marvelous green eyes.

Thank you very much for your kind words! I actually had burgundy hair for a few years (on and off). I wanted to do something different, which was why I tried blonde and black (originally was going to do purple, but can't have that at work). I think I may stop dying it for a while to let my hair heal, so it'll probably be a dark chocolate brown for a few months once my hair grows out. Once it does heal I will definitely look into the red again smile Thank you again!

Jun 17 16 08:29 am Link

Model

Annie_Lee

Binghamton, New York, US

desertartist wrote:
Annie, scroll up. We did this already.

Oops sorry!

Jun 17 16 08:30 am Link

Photographer

nolongerhere

This thread is dying Any more takers?