Forums > Critique > Critique of port? Worse photo? What needs to go?

Photographer

Newcomb Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

I built my port over the years with a broad spectrum of shots to show my lighting, composition, artistic, commercial, etc., skills.  I just deleted what I thought was my weakest photos (however attached I was to them).  Time for 3rd party eyes.  What needs to go and why.  Nothing is off limits.

Jun 23 16 08:54 am Link

Photographer

GoneAway

Tombouctou, Tombouctou, Mali

Hmmm. From a photographer's perspective it's difficult not to be critical of your Beauty/Headshots album IMO, in particular the ones which might best be described as beauty. For me, the lack of facial sculpting (through placement of shadow and light) is off-putting and in a couple of cases unsettling. You also need to be more critical of the lips and eyes if you want them to appeal as competent beauty shots. IMO.

All the best to you smile

Jun 23 16 11:52 am Link

Photographer

Nor-Cal Photography

Walnut Creek, California, US

I think this is your weakest image:

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/160622/08/576aad71412db_m.jpg

The background is distracting and the crop is off.

But just one worthless opinion.

smile

Jun 25 16 10:39 am Link

Photographer

roger alan

Anderson, Indiana, US

IMHO this would be one to drop (pun intended)
https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/37050940 18+

It is cute, and it is fun. But only for a moment, at least for me.

Jun 25 16 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

Newcomb Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

M A R K wrote:
Hmmm. From a photographer's perspective it's difficult not to be critical of your Beauty/Headshots album IMO, in particular the ones which might best be described as beauty. For me, the lack of facial sculpting (through placement of shadow and light) is off-putting and in a couple of cases unsettling. You also need to be more critical of the lips and eyes if you want them to appeal as competent beauty shots. IMO.

All the best to you smile

When I went back an looked, I see that my "burning" and "dodging" was non-existent.  I've deleted two, did some more beauty related retouching and posted them again.  Thanks for the opinion.

Jun 25 16 02:06 pm Link