Forums > Events > Hocking Hills Group Shoot Oct. 1, 2016

Photographer

Ken D Photography

Marietta, Ohio, US

I'd love to come to this, but I haven't been invited.

Sep 04 16 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Ken D Photography

Marietta, Ohio, US

Cascading Falls Photogr wrote:
Let's do this one more time. I thing this is our 7th year. I have a lot of people that have been coming since the beginning and they think we can build it back up again. I need to rent the 6 cabins to make it work. $160 tax included for the weekend, up to 4 nights.[ normally 2 nights is $169- $237]

Jim Chandler
25791 Starr Rt. Rd.
Rockbridge, Oh 43149

740-385-0633

The official shoot is Sat. from 9 am till 6 pm but over the years it has grown to the whole weekend. Feel free to bring tents and campers and stay and shoot all weekend. Hopefully all 6 cabins will be rented. 2 are already rented to photographers.
We are in the middle of the Hocking Hills. It is one of the most beautiful natural area in the united states. It is worth the trip just to see this.

45 acres of forest. Hundreds of backgrounds. Plenty of places to shoot, even if it rains. 3 porch swings, deck furniture, barn scene under shelter house. Hocking hills parks within a few miles in any direction.

$25 for everyone. If a photographer wants to pay for a model, it may help more attend. My fixed cost to run this is around $450 and that is with Sharon and Jane working 3 days each. Continental breakfast , lunch, and drinks provided

The event is 18+ You don't have to shoot 18+ but some people do so people under 18 should not be here.

THE EVENT IS INVITE ONLY. IF i OR ONE OF MY INVITED PEOPLE DO NOT ASK YOU, YOU CANNOT ATTEND. ANY QUESTIONS, CONTACT ME. JIM

As usual, set up a schedule and start making posts to let people know you are coming.

MODELS:
babygurl1986
Bjb22187
Priscilla

PHOTOGRAPHERS:

Michael Lynch
Steve C
Cascading Falls Photography
Creekstone Photography
Columbus Digital
Al Fess
Ken's Nude Glamour
stevensonhl

Cabins
1 Open
2 Aaron Rhodes
3 Michael Lynch
4 Open
5 Open
6 Dan Rowland, Positive Images Studio

Sep 04 16 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Ken D Photography

Marietta, Ohio, US

I'll take one of the cabins for the weekend at $160. That's if I'm invited to attend.

Sep 04 16 11:51 am Link

Photographer

stevensonhl

Hamilton, Ohio, US

I am coming as a photographer and here is my schedule so far. If any  have time available during my open spots I am willing to work with you.

8:30- Margaret
10- Elizabeth King
11- Bjb22187
12- Lunch/DLatrice
1- Briska Powers
2- Open
3- Emily Von
4- Open
5- wideoutparker
6- Rebecca Kelso-Shaffer
7- Zakara Shirley

Sep 04 16 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

Ken D Photography wrote:
I'll take one of the cabins for the weekend at $160. That's if I'm invited to attend.

You are always invited to my shoots Ken..

Sep 05 16 06:47 am Link

Model

Parker_NYC85

Dayton, Ohio, US

I am attending as a model. Here is my schedule. If there are any photographers who would like to shoot with me, then please message me an available time. Thank you. I am very excited about this shoot. Thank you Jim!!!

Friday:
4pm open
5pm Dan Rowland/commercial shoot/turtleneck/farm boy

Saturday:
830 am: Heather couple shoot
10 am Robert Pryor/caves.. water..
11am Dan Rowland
12pm Lunch 
1pm Shawn Ingram/ 3D printing.. Black Briefs..
2pm Michael Lynch/early 1900s couple shoot w/ Rebecca Shaffer
3pm Tom Vance/ lumberjack shoot
4pm Derek Miller 
5pm Heather Stevens/cowboy theme
6pm Dinner
7pm open

Sep 05 16 07:43 pm Link

Model

Lynni C

Columbus, Ohio, US

Cascading Falls Photogr wrote:
I hate it when this happens. You guys have been here from the beginning and we miss you when you aren't here.

We are planning to come on Friday, 9/30, though!!
P.S. Does Alternative Beauty know?

Sep 06 16 06:01 am Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

Lynni C wrote:

I'm not sure, I didn't contact her but would love to see her and the baby.

Sep 06 16 10:01 am Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

k, here it is.... Saturday only, though.

Photographer:
yada yada.....

9:
10:
11:
12: Elizabeth King
1:
2: Briska Powers
3:
4:
5:

Sep 06 16 05:51 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

ON A PERSONAL NOTE.

I own a house on the far east side of Columbus, Oh. It is at 738 Weyant Ave. I was just informed that my renter is moving out and it will be available on Sept. 15. It has 3 bedrooms, hardwood floors, a nice fireplace, new windows, doors, and roof, New wiring and plumbing. It has an attached 2 car garage with electric door. A privacy fence all around the back yard.
$600 a month, includes water, sewage , and garbage pickup

If you are interested or know anyone that might be, please contact me.
Jim Chandler
740-385-0633

Sep 06 16 11:28 pm Link

Model

Katie ORear

Southfield, Michigan, US

very intrested as a model, will be coming down from lansing with another model.. we can shoot together or separate

Sep 09 16 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

I UPDATED EVERYTHING TONIGHT. I ADDED MM #'S AND ADDED PEOPLE THAT WERE NOT ON HERE OR WHO I JUST RECEIVED MONEY FROM.IF I MISSED ANYONE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

WE ALL NEED TO BE CONTACTING PEOPLE THAT WE KNOW  AND SEE IF WE CAN GET THE NUMBERS BACK UP TO AROUND 40 TOTAL OUR HIGH IS 82, OUR LOW IS 32.

I NEED PAYMENT FROM ALL THE FACEBOOK PEOPLE AND A FEW ON HERE.

THERE ARE STILL 2 MORE CABINS AVAILABLE.

Sep 09 16 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

Vphotography

Delaware, Ohio, US

Paid up and ready to attend. I was there 2 years ago and had a great time. The people and the host were awesome.  I was shutter4you last time there. I have my schedule on the face book page also
Saturday only....

8 Danielle
11mae winters
12  Rebecca keslo shaffer
Lunch
1  katie Orear
2 Jessica Handa
3 brain parker
4 elizibeth

Sep 12 16 08:40 am Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

Katie ORear wrote:
very intrested as a model, will be coming down from lansing with another model.. we can shoot together or separate

PM sent

Sep 12 16 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

Still several open times...
*Saturday*

9:
10:
11: Rebecca Kelso-Shaffer
12: Elizabeth King
1:
2: Briska Powers
3:
4:
5:

Sep 12 16 04:11 pm Link

Model

Emily Emogene

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Question for models who have participated before - for models doing several shoots in one day, is there a location for a hair/make-up change if necessary? (Wardrobe I don't care so much about.  Basically, is there a mirror anywhere?)

Sep 13 16 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

stevensonhl

Hamilton, Ohio, US

Emily Von wrote:
Question for  who have participated before - for  doing several shoots in one day, is there a location for a hair/make-up change if necessary? (Wardrobe I don't care so much about.  Basically, is there a mirror anywhere?)

There is bathrooms in the main house with mirrors that is where everyone gathers when not doing photos.

Sep 13 16 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Al Fess

Berea, Ohio, US

Al Fess wrote:
I am Al Fess a seasoned pro from Cleveland, Ohio. I enjoyed the Chandler Hocking Hills experience and fine hospitality at the cool May group shoot. I will be bringing my camper again if it is okay with you Jim. My check is in the mail. I will come down on Friday afternoon and stay to Sunday if there are interested models for Friday and Sunday. Any models interested please send me an MM message.

FRIDAY
After 3 PM  OPEN

SATURDAY
7:00 AM  Jessica Handa - Waterfall
9:15 - 11:00 AM  Emily Von - Waterfalls
11:00 - 12:30 OPEN
12:00 -1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 2:30 OPEN
2:30 - 5:00 Haley Fisher & Katie ORear
5:00 - 6:00 Dinner
6:00 - ? Assisting Dan & Margaret

SUNDAY
Morning   OPEN

https://65.media.tumblr.com/91da50598a5930fedabc50059f50e2c9/tumblr_ocqnsrVWij1qceb4eo1_1280.jpg

www.alfessphotography.com

Sep 13 16 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

MyLifeInTheBigCity

Ferndale, Michigan, US

I plan to go too! This is always a fun event.

Sep 13 16 07:27 pm Link

Model

Marie44

Parkersburg, West Virginia, US

I plan on attending.

Sep 14 16 05:30 pm Link

Model

DLatrice

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

I am planning to attend this one. It's going to be me and my husband, he's my helper. I havent been to one since we had to start paying in advance. Do I mail it, paypal??

Sep 15 16 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

DLatrice wrote:
I am planning to attend this one. It's going to be me and my husband, he's my helper. I havnt been to one since we had to start paying in advance. Do I mail it, paypal??

Please mail it. We have missed you.

Unfortunately our cost of running it kept going up and we were not breaking even. We don't make money. It all goes for food and drinks.

Jim

Sep 15 16 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

Lamont-Thji Photography

Springfield, Ohio, US

Got plenty open. Excited! Especially since I missed the spring event hmm

Saturday
9a - Arriving
10a - Open
11a - Elizabeth King
12p - Lunch
1p - Open
2p - Open
3p - Open
4p - Brian Parker
5p - Open
6p - Open

Sep 15 16 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

DLatrice wrote:
I am planning to attend this one. It's going to be me and my husband, he's my helper. I havent been to one since we had to start paying in advance. Do I mail it, paypal??

The main purpose of paying in advance was to cut down on no-shows.  There are some legit reasons that people have to cancel last minute, but there are some folks that would set up a schedule of shoots, then simply change their minds and cancel the night before the event or just not show up, leaving the people they had scheduled with twiddling their thumbs.  Those people in the latter group are less likely to say they are coming if they have to plunk down their money up front.

Sep 16 16 02:42 am Link

Photographer

stevensonhl

Hamilton, Ohio, US

DLatrice wrote:

You mail the payment by check or money order all the information for mailing is in the first post.

Sep 16 16 07:18 am Link

Model

DLatrice

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

Okay I am on the list smile
Thinking of doing 90 minute shoots vs the usual 60 min if I can bc I always feel rushed to get to a location, shoot, get back and then get ready for the next shoot in that one hour. As of now, my schedule is open. I'll be there Saturday, probably 10am.

Sep 16 16 10:15 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

DLatrice wrote:
Thinking of doing 90 minute shoots vs the usual 60 min if I can bc I always feel rushed to get to a location, shoot, get back and then get ready for the next shoot in that one hour. As of now, my schedule is open. I'll be there Saturday, probably 10am.

To fit in with other people's schedules, you would probably have to do 2 hour shoots.  Otherwise your shoots wouldn't begin or end at the same time as everyone else's.

Sep 16 16 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Al Fess

Berea, Ohio, US

DLatrice wrote:

I like the 1.5 hour shoot as well. The shoot is not as rushed and then have time to rest and prepare for your next shoot.

Sep 16 16 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Ingram Photo

Stoutsville, Ohio, US

Al Fess wrote:
I like the 1.5 hour shoot as well. The shoot is not as rushed and then have time to rest and prepare for your next shoot.

Like I said earlier, I'm not setting up a schedule this time because I don't know how much I'm actually going to be physically able to shoot.  But if I were making a schedule, I'd be voting for the hour shoots. 

First, they seem to be pretty standard practice at group shoots to help maximize getting a variety of shots from different models/photographers.  I've never had problems getting through a shoot in an hour.  I always worked out details with models prior to shoot day.  We talked wardrobe, theme, etc.  This gave time for me to prep thoughts of how I was going to shoot it and gave them time to work out wardrobe and such and gave us both a chance to think through posing.  In cases where models needed a little extra prep time, even having short of an hour to actually shoot we still came up with great shots.

Second, for me they are more about networking and portfolio building.  If I found I model that I clicked with, I could set up additional shoots.  This was back when I was able to shoot more.  Hopefully will get back to that at some point.  I MISS photography! lol  Again, for me the group shoots were a good way for me to meet models, work through a small shoot with them, and see how they worked.  I've worked with a few of the models I've met at Jim's shoots one on one and a couple from Mike's shoot out near Springfield that I went to right after I had started my chemo in 2013.  Those shoots usually ended up being 2+ hour deals sometimes going to multiple locations, multiple themes. etc.

At any rate, I figured I'd chime in on why I liked the hour sessions at the group shoots.  smile

Looking forward to seeing everyone...  Is it Oct 1st yet? lol

Sep 16 16 09:46 pm Link

Model

DLatrice

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

I have the shoot ideas decided ahead of time too but I just feel rushed to get my look together and travel to the spot and back.

I have started scheduling shoots. I really want to find someone who wants to go to the lake or some type of water. I know we are limited now because of property owners around but if anyone knows any secrets, let me know smile

Sep 17 16 11:29 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

DLatrice wrote:
I really want to find someone who wants to go to the lake or some type of water. I know we are limited now because of property owners around but if anyone knows any secrets, let me know smile

If you go early in the morning, you can usually get away with going in the water at one of the parks.

These are from last spring.  There isn't anywhere near this much water flowing in the fall.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/huve1xc8wuzqv … 4.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/coxfi0md49w0u … 1.JPG?dl=0

Sep 17 16 08:42 pm Link

Model

Alternative Beauty

Zanesville, Ohio, US

Lynni C wrote:

She does know lol
I guess I am indefinitely coming. The PLAN is to arrive Friday around 8:30pm and stay until Sunday. (We'll head out once Jay gets home from work and showers, unfortunately he is unable to get both Friday AND Saturday off, such is life......)
I am much in need of some family time!!!!
Little man won't be with us for this one, unfortunately.  Lynni, you already know what's going on there.
Not sure about booking a full schedule, as I've still got a lot of health issues going on, and I have VERY limited wardrobe right now. However,  I WILL fill in and make sure nobody is just bored!!!

I'm so excited to be coming!!!!

Sep 19 16 07:55 am Link

Model

Lynni C

Columbus, Ohio, US

The plan is to come early Friday to shoot. Already Scheduled until 2pm, but if anyone who's there wan't a quick shoot, I'm open for 1/2-1hour shoots from 3-5. Just let me know. Trying to find a way to vsit on Saturday, but won't schedule in case it can't happen.  Excited to see everyone who's there on Friday, for sure!!

Sep 19 16 08:22 am Link

Model

Miss Tiffany Ammber C

Huntington, West Virginia, US

Hey everyone I just wanted to say hi and hope everyone has a great time and wish we were going to be able to make it, but on sept 9th I got told start sept 11 I was having my hours cut form 40hrs per week to 16hrs so that has turn my money issues upside down and as many know we run a ferret rescue and they are our top priority so we are going to have to with very heavy and sad heart have to say we can not make the shoot unless some  how we can find the money somewhere to pull it off but dont see that happening in such short time. We are going to miss you all as you all are family and great friends to us and hate letting everyone down!!  sad

Sep 20 16 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

I just rented the last cabin.

It is getting close. Just 1 1/2 weeks.

Sep 20 16 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Lynch

Dayton, Ohio, US

I am going to bring spaghetti and stuff for dinner.  Let me know if you are going to be there for friday supper.  I want to have an idea how much food to bring.

Sep 21 16 05:43 pm Link

Model

Emily Emogene

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

UPDATE: 9-29-16 - I sincerely apologize for the lack of response this week in my messages.  I had an accident, fractured three ribs, one of which stabbed my lung and inhibited my ability to breathe. So I could not move, talk, or breathe on tuesday and passed out in my dining room - thus giving myself a concussion on top of prior injuries.  Paramedics came when a neighbor found me, and I'm finally home wiht a breathing apparatus, pain meds and orders for bed rest.  However, I WILL STILL BE ATTENDNG HOCKING HILLS SHOOT!!!  It takes a lot to take me down and this nearly did it but I will be there Saturday, for all shoots, breathing machine in tow if need be.  Please give me a bit of time today to catch up on messages - St. Clair hospital's wifi/reception wasn't the greatest.   Thank you all in advance for I hope your understanding and patience.  Looking forward to seeing you all this Saturday; I just might need to retract my "willing to jump off cliffs" statement.  :-P

Emily Von wrote:
SCHEDULE EDITED THURSDAY, SEPT 15TH:
Right now my plans are to do all day Saturday.
I've made plans to shoot with the following, although at last check of my messages we'd yet to pinpoint what time for some of them:

9:30-11: Al Fess
12:00: Columbus Digital
2:00 - michaelarion
3:00 - Stevensonhl
4:00 - Creekstone Photography
5:00 - Michael Lynch

I'm pretty open to trying new things and experimenting with ideas.  I'm pretty spontaneous and easy going so if anyone wants a shot of someone jumping off a waterfall, I'm your girl.  (Ha.)  I'm looking forward to meeting you all face to face!

Sep 21 16 10:03 pm Link

Model

DLatrice

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

I still have a few openings so if any photographers want to shoot, send me a message. My profile lists what times I still have available.

Sep 21 16 11:56 pm Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Emily Von wrote:
I'm pretty open to trying new things and experimenting with ideas.  I'm pretty spontaneous and easy going so if anyone wants a shot of someone jumping off a waterfall, I'm your girl.  (Ha.)  I'm looking forward to meeting you all face to face!

Jumping off a waterfall should wait until the spring shoot for two reasons:

1.)  There isn't much water in autumn.  Most of the falls are just a trickle unless there has been recent rain.

2.)  I can't make the Oct. shoot and I would love to shoot you in the fall (although doing something at least a bit safer than jumping.  It's a long way down).

Looking at the list of models attending, I've only met 3 of the 11 in person.  Hopefully they will all be back at the spring '17 shoot.

Sep 22 16 04:50 am Link

Model

KittyKModeling

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I'm totally in for Saturday! Thanks for the invite Mike smile if anyone would like to shoot with me I'm up for anything at all, just send me a message! I'll update my schedule accordingly.

SATURDAY
12 noon arrival time
1 PM - SteveC MM# 475
3:30 PM - Positive Images Studios MM# 3596066
5 PM - Creekstone Photography MM# 1502575
6 PM - michaelarion MM# 1586052

The rest of the day so far is open so message me if you're going and want to book something! Looking forward to seeing everyone there

Kat

Sep 22 16 03:26 pm Link