Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > 2016 World Series - Cubs/Indians

Photographer

David Shinobi

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

https://s10.postimg.org/jicigkm0p/indiansvcubsjpg_1cqr81e30kmg3114g7z7z2pkcr.jpg

Here's what you need to know:

Who: Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

What: Game 1, 2016 World Series

When: Tuesday, Oct. 25, 2016

Where: Progressive Field, Cleveland, Ohio

Time: 8 p.m. Eastern

TV: Fox

Lets Go Cubbies!!

Oct 25 16 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Got my chips. Got my soda. I'm ready for the game!

Oct 25 16 11:32 am Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
Got my chips. Got my soda. I'm ready for the game!

Doin' it the Chicago way with Beer and Brats!

Oct 25 16 11:51 am Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

30 more minutes!

Brats and Peppers on the grill, should be done right in time for the first pitch.... borat

Oct 25 16 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

The local FOX affiliate, FOX 35, is having broadcast difficulty. We probably won't get to see the game here in Orlando.

Oct 25 16 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

The local FOX affiliate, FOX 35, is having broadcast difficulty. We probably won't get to see the game here in Orlando.

Only if you have to....
www.sportstream.tv/

Oct 25 16 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Yeah, the service from FOX 32 is as good as any McDonald's. Shitty at best.

Oct 25 16 05:04 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

David Shinobi  wrote:

Only if you have to....
www.sportstream.tv/

Well, that was an exercise in futility.

Oct 25 16 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Well, that was an exercise in futility.

?

Oct 25 16 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Oh, well. I can always read about the game on the sports page in the morning.

Oct 25 16 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Come on Lester!

Oct 25 16 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Ahh shit....

Cleveland up 1-0

Oct 25 16 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

UGH!!!!!

Cleveland up 2-0

Bases loaded and Lester hits the batter.

Oct 25 16 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Lester's main problem is he can't  / won't pick off base runners trying to steal.  If they steal, the pressure is on .

Oct 25 16 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Nice lead-off Zorbrist double!

Oct 25 16 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

PhillipM wrote:
Lester's main problem is he can't  / won't pick off base runners trying to steal.  If they steal, the pressure is on .

True.

Oct 25 16 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

The Umpire is being very generous with the strike zone for the Indians pitcher.

Oct 25 16 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Much better inning for Lester.

Oct 25 16 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Occasionally the signal from FOX will straighten itself out and I get to watch two or three pitches and then the picture goes all to hell. I think maybe I've gotten to see thirty minutes of tonight's game.

Oct 25 16 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Game on..... if anyone cares hmm

Oct 26 16 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Finally getting to watch the game tonight. Man, it's cold up there in Cleveland.

The pitching for both teams is awful.

Oct 26 16 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

i'm feeling much better now, but the cubs are still stranding a shit ton of runners. but maddon is doing a good job of staggering the dead weight in the lineup (fowler, soler/heyward and baez, in particular). outside of an otherworldly pitching exhibition last night by kluber, they're doing pretty good. they even had their chances against miller, but just didn't get the timely hits. they're killing me once they get the bases loaded, outside of the walk tonight that russell got.

arrieta had the shakiest 5 1/3 no no going i've ever seen in a world series game, but still gets the win. oh, what it'll be like at wrigley on friday. smile it'll be nuts.

Oct 26 16 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

https://s13.postimg.org/4dm0n6ydz/CMf6_QAXUk_AA9ghb.png

3 more to go!

Oct 26 16 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Game 3 tonight at Wrigley!

Lets Go Cubbies!!!

Oct 28 16 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Ready for more. I'd like to see Schwarber smack a few more outa the park tonight...

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/schwarber.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1

Oct 28 16 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Ready for more. I'd like to see Schwarber smack a few more outa the park tonight...

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/schwarber.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=664&h=441&crop=1

At home he should be able to....

I dunno if the Cubbies will sweep 3 in a row at home but I sure hope so.

Wrigley needs and deserves the title wont at home.

Oct 28 16 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

schwarber can only pinch hit at wrigley. he ain't cleared to play in the field.

David Shinobi  wrote:
Wrigley needs and deserves the title wont at home.

regardless, they are guaranteed all three games at wrigley. i'm sure the north side will enjoy a healthy economic spike this weekend. smile

Oct 28 16 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

GK photo wrote:

regardless, they are guaranteed all three games at wrigley. i'm sure the north side will enjoy a healthy economic spike this weekend. smile

Hendricks is pitching tonight, I hope he dominates like he did against the Dodgers.
Been to many Cubs games and Wrigleyville is a mess during the regular season, I cant imagine what its like now.
However, all the bars in the area are charging people to watch the game which is not cool.

Oct 28 16 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

David Shinobi  wrote:
However, all the bars in the area are charging people to watch the game which is not cool.

have you seen some of the prices they're charging??? granted, some of them include food and booze in the price tag, but it's pretty steep. although murphy's bleachers isn't charging a cover. but i'm sure it's been swamped since at least an hour ago.

Oct 28 16 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

2 on base, and Hendricks hit a batter to load them up?  Ouch.  Does this open the door?

Oct 28 16 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Damn.... hmm

Oct 28 16 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

great pitcher's duel, albeit of the bullpen variety. the wind blowing out tonight really effed with the cubs' heads. everyone was swinging for the downs. most baseball (casual) observers i know hate low scoring, pitching and defense games, but i love them. this one just didn't end up the way i would have liked.

the cubs had their chances (and so did cleveland, to really open it up), but there was so much great pitching in that game.

baseball has some weird scoring rules, and tonight's game exposed one of the glaring (in my eyes) deficiencies. tomlin came out of the game with 4 2/3 innings of scoreless pitching, but because he didn't get through 5 full innings, he didn't qualify for the win. even if miller had just recorded the one out in the 5th, he would have been the winner.

it's such a wacky rule.

the other one (and it didn't happen tonight, but could have) is when a pitcher goes 8 plus innings, maybe stranding one runner...the closer comes in and gives up a homer, that gives the other team the lead. sure, the closer gets a blown save, but if his team comes back and wins the game in the bottom of the 9th, the closer gets a win, while the starter gets a no decision..

those two examples of official scoring always bug me.

but i digress.

neither team, outside of the cubs in game 2, are really hitting much. the tribe had 8 or 9 hits today, but they ran themselves out of a scoring opportunity, and lindor hit into that inning ending double play.

that was a great game, but the cubs lost. hopefully tomorrow lackey can stay calm, and get the job done. plus., they're going to have to figure kluber out. something they definitely did NOT do in game one.

Oct 28 16 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I watch PTI on Espn everyday.  Both Tony and Wilbon missed it, with regard to the scoring.  They both thought since it was going to be windy, it would like a 9-7 game or along those lines.

Oct 29 16 04:55 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

PhillipM wrote:
I watch PTI on Espn everyday.  Both Tony and Wilbon missed it, with regard to the scoring.  They both thought since it was going to be windy, it would like a 9-7 game or along those lines.

that's not really missing it. when the wind blows out at wrigley, and especially at that strength, that's usually how the scoring goes. the two or three balls that were hit high in the air last night were adventures for the fielders. perez managed to corral the popup behind the plate that rizzo hit, while chisenhall totally botched the ball that soler hit.

both staffs managed to pitch extremely well, and both teams left far too many guys on base. and baez is fucking killing me. for a couple games against the dodgers he slowed the swing down and just went for contact. now, he's back to trying to hit every pitch into lake michigan.

Oct 29 16 09:42 am Link

Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

GK photo wrote:
baez is fucking killing me. for a couple games against the dodgers he slowed the swing down and just went for contact. now, he's back to trying to hit every pitch into lake michigan.

That's youth for you.  He doesn't have history of a BIG  game to help him, like this BIG game.  That comes with experience.  Its like a newb shooting 500 shots to get 1.  In time, they only have to take 3 to get 1.

Oct 29 16 09:49 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

As an ex college pitcher (I'm so danged old, I think I pitched with Cy Young), I gotta love a game like that  .  .  .  came down to the last pitch  .  .  .  and the pitcher won out  .  .  .  wink  Now, tell me again about this "goat curse" thingy  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Oct 29 16 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Eagle Rock Photographer

Los Angeles, California, US

The Fri 10/28/2016 included a shocking display of laziness/stupidity/arrogance by a Cubs hitter. It likely cost them the game. Depending on how the series works out, it could cost the Cubs the World Series.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/963082

I like games with lots of action. Pitchers' duels are stultifying.

Oct 29 16 11:16 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Well, I'm ready for tonight's game!

Oct 29 16 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

David Shinobi

Game On!

Oct 29 16 05:11 pm Link

Photographer