Model

Tricia Belle Storie

Kapaau, Hawaii, US

Water is not politics.

Jan 07 17 08:37 am Link

Photographer

Kevin Fair

Palm Coast, Florida, US

I've heard a lot about it. It's been going on a while now.

Jan 07 17 09:42 am Link

Model

Tricia Belle Storie

Kapaau, Hawaii, US

Indeed. I spent over a month at Standing Rock and am working, constantly, toward a rational resolution (one that benefits all Earthlings, rather than a handful of sociopaths that think that they can do whatever they want with our resources).

It is odd to me how many people are entirely unaware or uninterested in this wholly important action. Or even worse, people that are woefully ignorant of the facts, who like to belittle those of us that refuse to stand idly by as our rights and resources are destroyed. I cannot stand those people and their stockholm syndrome defence of corporate mad men and women. Those people drive me up the wall. Especially when they come in, swinging their genitalia and shutting down threads *after* they have started their opinions as fact. Oh, what dangerously ignorant people their are in this world...and model mayhem makes them into moderators. *face palm*

Jan 07 17 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

One thing is true about treaties between Native Americans and the Federal Government is that the treaties will be violated.

Jan 07 17 11:30 am Link

Model

Tricia Belle Storie

Kapaau, Hawaii, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
One thing is true about treaties between Native Americans and the Federal Government is that the treaties will be violated.

And that is unacceptable. We must all stand up against such violations.

Jan 07 17 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Tricia Belle Storie wrote:

And that is unacceptable. We must all stand up against such violations.

Those of us who would "fight the good fight" are in for a tough time for a while...

Jan 07 17 11:59 am Link

Photographer

PhillipM

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Rich and/powerful have been screwing the the weak for hundreds of years ...

Move on.

Jan 07 17 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Tricia Belle Storie wrote:
Do you know about the war that is happening on American soil? Do you know that tribal treaties are being broken, water is being threatened, and oil companies are being away with hiring mercenaries and paying off police and political officials in North Dakota, who then attack peaceful, prayerful Water Protectors?

Just curious...

Sorry but SOAPBOX is CLOSED.

I am sorry but I totally disagree with you on this topic. How do you know that water will be threatened, especially when there is no evidence that that will be the result.  Have you read the treaties involved? Your view is totally political.

You are just stating  anti oil rehtoric, thats ok you have a right to your opinion but that is all it is.

Maybe there are those, locally, that will benefit, through employment, and the resulting influx of money into the area as a result of the oil that will be flowing through that pipeline.

That is why MM closed Soapbox so political discussions are eliminated.

Jan 07 17 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

Love how soapbox is only closed when someone disagrees with the OP lol

Jan 07 17 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Roy Hubbard wrote:
Love how soapbox is only closed when someone disagrees with the OP lol

I agree... Because I do disagree with the OP  ... So then we are poised to begin an argument which is totally political.  That is why Soapbox was closed.  There is always more than just one view.  We don't have to agree with the OP or even the majority.

Jan 07 17 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Roy Hubbard

East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, US

Risen Phoenix Photo wrote:

I agree... Because I do disagree with the OP  ... So then we are poised to begin an argument which is totally political.  That is why Soapbox was closed.  There is always more than just one view.  We don't have to agree with the OP or even the majority.

I agree with you (about disagreeing). Ever since soapbox closed, though, it's been a constant pattern of someone pointing out that arguing about political topics is against the rules, just before arguing about a political topic. Can't say I lay too much of the blame on the posters, though.

Jan 07 17 05:16 pm Link