Forums > General Industry > In need of a good Model/Photographer Release Form

Model

Golden_Lioness117

Lexington, North Carolina, US

I'm new to modeling, well I have some experience. I just need a model/photographer release form since I'm start to get more shoots. So are there any suggestions and what all should go into a good release foem?

Jan 20 17 08:57 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Usually the release is furnished by the photographer.  However you may ask to see the photographer's document before you commit to the shoot.

Here is some info:
http://www.asmp.org/resources/legal/releases/

And here are some releases:
http://www.asmp.org/resources/legal/rel … -releases/

The copyright belongs to the photographer.
A model release allows the photographer to use your likeness.
A usage license allows you to use the photos.

Jan 20 17 09:08 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

A model does not provide the release, the photographer does. 

I think most photographers would refuse to work with a model who insisted on using her own release, unless she was paying the photographer in which case you could negotiate terms agreeable to both of you. 

For common TFP/TFCD and in cases where the photographer is paying you to model, you are going to be using the release that the photographer supplies, or not working with them at all.

Most photographers use some version of a standard release form.

Jan 20 17 09:12 am Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
I think most photographers would refuse to work with a model who insisted on using her own release, unless she was paying the photographer in which case you could negotiate terms agreeable to both of you. 

Most photographers use some version of a standard release form.

I had a few encounters that models demanded for using their release.  All of them were new mdoels, none of them last long.

I am one of those photographers who would NOT use the release from a model.  I don't even bother to read or look at theirs. I will politely ask her to go some place else to find work.   However, if the model is the client, that is a different story.

1.  Would a model walk in Ford Model agency, the model asks them to sign her release?  or
2.  Would a potential employee ask WalMart to sign a NCA before employment?

Good luck with that....LOL

Having said that, modes have every rights to question or request modification the release before they sign.  This is totally acceptable.  Frankly most photographer's release are so generic, it becomes a norm.  But you still have to read it careful and understand the consequence that you agree to the terms.

Jan 20 17 10:07 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

Jan 20 17 11:31 am Link