Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > What Food Are You Eating During The SuperBowl?

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

And where are you watching it?

I'll be at home, probably alone (my football watching buddy is out of town).  I may whip up a batch of scones.  And I suspect that pizza might be on the menu.

You?

Feb 02 17 11:30 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

i watch the game, so therefor i gave up doing sb parties a few years ago. since it'll be kicking off at 3:30ish pm out here, i'll do my usual, which is grill a steak at halftime, to avoid whatever nonsense they put on for a show.

i'm totally uninterested in this game. the only reason i'll be watching is to see if ne gets beat; which i hope happens. i have no dog in the hunt.

Feb 02 17 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Whatever goes with commercials and the halftime show. I suspect nachos and guacamole will play a part.

Feb 02 17 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

I'm still trying to decide between pizza and chili

Feb 02 17 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Barbecued pork spareribs and beef stew.

Feb 02 17 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Lucid Times

Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada

Really, what food are you eating during the Superbowl!!!!!!!  I suppose we won't be counting on this thread to solve any world crisis or give us a bold new perspective in something of actual value. Really, what food are you eating?

Feb 03 17 11:32 am Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

Lucid Times wrote:
Really, what food are you eating during the Superbowl!!!!!!!  I suppose we won't be counting on this thread to solve any world crisis or give us a bold new perspective in something of actual value. Really, what food are you eating?

Then start a thread that will solve a world crisis.

The fucking forums are dying here, mostly for lack of participation, and yet you feel the need to jump in someone's shit because you dont like the thread they started? Really?

get over yourself.

Oh, and I  probably wont watch the game, but will be munching on burritos and stuffed jalapenos anyway.

Feb 03 17 11:51 am Link

Photographer

GK photo

Lucid Times wrote:

you forgot the 7 question marks that should have gone with the 7 exclamation points. your brief posting history here has already been eventful. why not go out and save the world, or shoot some more pics, rather than being a forum critic. surely someone with your zeal could find better venues to share your world view.

this is a modeling site, in case you didn't read the description when you signed up.

Feb 03 17 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

Based on bein' a long time "Raidas" fan, I'll be havin' a BIG helpin' of crow  .  .  .  again  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Feb 03 17 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Motordrive Photography wrote:
I'm still trying to decide between pizza and chili

Mmmm... a super bowl of super chili sounds super good.

Feb 03 17 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

Good food

Feb 03 17 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

These are always popular, and they are easy to make:

Sausage Cheese Balls
1.5     cups All Purpose Flour   
1    teaspoon baking powder
¼    teaspoon salt
¼    ground black pepper
⅛    teaspoon cayenne pepper
2    Tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into ½ inch pieces
8    ounces bulk breakfast sausage
1    cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
¾    cup buttermilk

Preheat oven at 400°; adjust rack to middle position; line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pulse flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a food processor until mixed (~3 pulses)
Add butter to processor; pulse until mix resembles coarse meal (~12 pulses)
Add cheese & sausage to processor; pulse until combined (~8 pulses)
Transfer to large bowl; stir in buttermilk.
With wet hands or wet disher, roll ~1 tablespoon of dough to create 1.5 inch balls; place on sheet.
Bake for 20-22 minutes; rotating sheet halfway through.
Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes.
Variations:
•    Add one minced shallot and/or 2 minced garlic cloves with sausage & cheese.
•    Additional spices to consider:  fennel seed, caraway seed, a tiny bit more cayenne.

Feb 03 17 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

making paella and beef bourguignon, of course will start with antipasti & dips.

Feb 03 17 08:30 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Leonard Gee Photography wrote:
making paella and beef bourguignon, of course will start with antipasti & dips.

my eyes stopped at beef bourguignon and antipasti. that sounds gooood. i can do without the spanish rice. buon appetito

Feb 03 17 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

martin b

Manila, National Capital Region, Philippines

I would love some Ohio 5 way chili.  Gonna do some dogs and pizza with a couple of friends.

Watching here in Manila, Philippines.

Feb 04 17 01:58 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

Lucid Times wrote:

Oh, goody. Serious Cat is here and he's serious.

Feb 04 17 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Black Z Eddie

San Jacinto, California, US

Lucid Times wrote:

What the fuck?

Anyways, I'm eating beer.  big_smile

Feb 04 17 12:13 pm Link