This thread was locked on 2018-01-11 23:09:55
Forums > Events > Arizona Shootout - Phoenix - Nov 3rd-7th

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Important update posted on the AZSO official website. Please email me with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience while I work out a very difficult problem regarding the Fall event.

Important Update: http://www.azshoots.com

Feb 23 17 12:03 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

This looks like a great location, John!

Feb 23 17 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
This looks like a great location, John!

Get in here while it's cheap! I have 7 spots left.

Feb 24 17 12:52 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Thank you to everyone who's signed up for the Fall AZSO so far. I will re-open signups shortly after the Spring event.

Feb 24 17 11:18 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Mar 02 17 09:39 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Thanks John!

I just signed up.   smile

Mar 02 17 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Thanks John!

I just signed up.   smile

I see you!

Mar 02 17 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Eric Hoskins

Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona, US

How do we sign up?  NM, found it.

Mar 25 17 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

the_bestest

Olathe, Kansas, US

Just wanted to make sure registration for November hasnt opened yet, the AZShoots home page still has info for the April shoot.  Totally amateur photographer, but I really want to attend this year.  Thanks

May 05 17 03:20 am Link

Photographer

Black Z Eddie

San Jacinto, California, US

I'm really likin' that location!

May 05 17 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

the_bestest wrote:
Just wanted to make sure registration for November hasnt opened yet, the AZShoots home page still has info for the April shoot.  Totally amateur photographer, but I really want to attend this year.  Thanks

I'm still in the process of putting together the final details and the model list for the Fall. I have a temporary "Early Bird" signup link with a few spots left..

May 05 17 10:49 pm Link

Photographer

beautyinfocus

Redmond, Washington, US

I look forward to the event. I just signed up. I figure you'll get me email from PayPal. This
Will be my first year attending.

Joe

May 06 17 11:00 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

joeferrara wrote:
I look forward to the event. I just signed up. I figure you'll get me email from PayPal. This
Will be my first year attending.

Joe

Hi Joe. I see your registration. I will email further details via your Paypal email in the coming weeks. Please hold tight until you hear from me before booking your hotel accommodations. I am talking to several hotels about possibly getting AZSO participants a group discount. Nothing promised yet, but I'm working on it! See you in November!

May 06 17 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

John Jebbia  wrote:

Hi Joe. I see your registration. I will email further details via your Paypal email in the coming weeks. Please hold tight until you hear from me before booking your hotel accommodations. I am talking to several hotels about possibly getting AZSO participants a group discount. Nothing promised yet, but I'm working on it! See you in November!

Have you contacted La Quinta?

May 06 17 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
Have you contacted La Quinta?

I'm trying to work out something a little closer to the venue. The LaQuinta, while not super far is a bit further than I'd like everyone to be. I should have something solid within the next few weeks.. it's still very early and one thing I learned from last Fall is that the farther away from the event that information is posted, the more likely it is that everyone will forget it...

May 06 17 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

the_bestest

Olathe, Kansas, US

Thank you for the link.  It appeared to work for a day or so, however, it now requires a sign in, which I created.  Except it doesnt work.  Will not accept my password.  So I click on the links to retrieve/reset the password.  They dont work either.  The password/activation codes do not work.  Not good

May 11 17 03:01 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

the_bestest wrote:
Thank you for the link.  It appeared to work for a day or so, however, it now requires a sign in, which I created.  Except it doesnt work.  Will not accept my password.  So I click on the links to retrieve/reset the password.  They dont work either.  The password/activation codes do not work.  Not good

The Early Bird spots sold out yesterday so I disabled the signup page. I will have more spots available in the coming weeks, however, right now I'm focused on confirming the models who plan to attend. If you'd like to sign up now, please email me: [email protected] and I'll send you a direct link to the order page. Otherwise, signups will be re-opened around Mid-June when I have the model list completed. At this point there are only about 15 spots left until the event is completely sold out.

May 11 17 06:54 am Link

Photographer

the_bestest

Olathe, Kansas, US

Understood, thanks

May 11 17 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Shibley

Phoenix, Arizona, US

The list of models attending should be posted soon.

Jun 23 17 02:10 am Link

Photographer

Shawn Kurt

Sierra Vista, Arizona, US

Sitting on the edge of our keyboards with money in hand.!

Shawn

Jun 27 17 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Shawn Kurt wrote:
Sitting on the edge of our keyboards with money in hand.!

Shawn

I'm already sign up.  See you there Shawn.

Jun 27 17 12:27 pm Link

Photographer

the_bestest

Olathe, Kansas, US

Azshoots.com home page states the account has been suspended

Everything OK ?

Jul 08 17 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

the_bestest wrote:
Azshoots.com home page states the account has been suspended

Everything OK ?

Contact the OP.

Jul 08 17 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Hey folks, sorry about that. I forgot to update my billing info for the hosting renewal. It's back up now.

Jul 09 17 10:06 pm Link

Photographer

Shawn Kurt

Sierra Vista, Arizona, US

So are you taking registrations again yet? If not send me a pm when you are.

Thanks,
Shawn

Jul 16 17 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

the_bestest

Olathe, Kansas, US

Is this event happening ?  Website is months behind, no information posted anyplace I can find

Aug 14 17 04:32 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

As many of you are aware, I have run into some problems with the new venue. I've spent the better part of the Summer searching for a new location for the Fall AZSO. Most places simply aren't big enough for an event as big as ours. I've toured three locations over the past 2 weeks, 2 of which are suitable for our group and I will be looking at one more on Wednesday (8/16).  If I am able to find a suitable location that's within budget, I will re-open signups and begin adding models. For those who've already signed up, please hold tight as I will post more information as if becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Aug 15 17 06:12 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Very important update regarding the Fall event. Please Read>> http://www.azshoots.com

Aug 29 17 10:28 pm Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

John Jebbia  wrote:
Very important update regarding the Fall event. Please Read>> http://www.azshoots.com

Update link shows "Account Suspended."  http://www.azshoots.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

???

Sep 09 17 09:29 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

GRMACK wrote:
Update link shows "Account Suspended."  http://www.azshoots.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

???

Had to update my credit card on file. It's back up now. I'm confirming the first batch of models at the moment and I'll re-open signups once the first group has been added. Hopefully this weekend.

Sep 11 17 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Are there any updates on the Spring Shootout?

Dec 13 17 10:44 am Link

Photographer

beautyinfocus

Redmond, Washington, US

I've sent two model mayhem messages to John with no reply to either. I paid for an early bird entry a while back. This event sounds really good from past reviews, but I am left wondering if it will happen ever again.

Dec 24 17 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

joeferrara wrote:
I've sent two model mayhem messages to John with no reply to either. I paid for an early bird entry a while back. This event sounds really good from past reviews, but I am left wondering if it will happen ever again.

It was rescheduled to March 9 - 13.
I am also signed up and have been to past Arizona Shootouts

Dec 24 17 04:20 pm Link

Photographer

the_bestest

Olathe, Kansas, US

I put in a request over a month ago to join the AZ Shootout Facebook group .  Still has not been approved.  Only reason I signed up to that idiotic Facebook system.  Anyway.  I just cancelled my request and resubmitted.  We'll see.  Based on an outsider's view of whats going on, I would have great concerns on handing over any money at this point.  I hope I'm way off base on  this, as I would love to attend in 2018, but it doesn't look good.  Web site has gone down multiple times because owner "forgot to update credit card information".  Riiiiiight.  Once, maybe.  Not multiple times.  No response to communication attempts.  Etc, Etc.  Be very wary people.

Dec 25 17 05:32 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

joeferrara wrote:

the_bestest wrote:
I put in a request over a month ago to join the AZ Shootout Facebook group .  Still has not been approved.  Only reason I signed up to that idiotic Facebook system.  Anyway.  I just cancelled my request and resubmitted.  We'll see.  Based on an outsider's view of whats going on, I would have great concerns on handing over any money at this point.  I hope I'm way off base on  this, as I would love to attend in 2018, but it doesn't look good.  Web site has gone down multiple times because owner "forgot to update credit card information".  Riiiiiight.  Once, maybe.  Not multiple times.  No response to communication attempts.  Etc, Etc.  Be very wary people.

Hi Joe. I just checked my MM messages and saw the ones you sent me a while back. I'm rarely on MM anymore and they used to send me an email whenever I got a message on here. I must have missed it.

Bestest, What is your name? I'll look for it in the pending requests. That group gets a lot of spam so I try to only approve names I recognize from past events or those I recognize from MM. The last time the website went down, I was moving it to a new server which happened to coincide with the domain renewal. Once everything was moved I was able to renew the domain.

Please understand that finding a venue that meets the needs of a group as large as the AZSO is probably the most challenging aspect of running this event.

The Spring Shootout is happening. As some may be aware, I've had problems with both new venues who I've been unable to get a 100% commitment from. At this time I am avoiding making any major announcements or opening signups until venue issues have been resolved. It looks like we may be in Wickenburg again, however there is still one more detail I need to check on and won't be able to do so until after the holidays are over.

Once I've booked the venue for the Spring AZSO I will re-open signups and reach out to those who've already signed up.

Dec 27 17 09:54 am Link

Photographer

beautyinfocus

Redmond, Washington, US

Hi John,
Understand about the notifications issue. Thanks for update. If you can send me a private message on MM, I can share my email address if you prefer.

I had earlier written that  won't be able to attend the March shoot out date and realized this shortly after getting notification about date change. I had requested to get a refund on the early registration since I cannot attend the rescheduled date.

Thanks
Joe

Dec 27 17 10:06 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

John Jebbia  wrote:

Hi Joe. I just checked my MM messages and saw the ones you sent me a while back. I'm rarely on MM anymore and they used to send me an email whenever I got a message on here. I must have missed it.

Bestest, What is your name? I'll look for it in the pending requests. That group gets a lot of spam so I try to only approve names I recognize from past events or those I recognize from MM. The last time the website went down, I was moving it to a new server which happened to coincide with the domain renewal. Once everything was moved I was able to renew the domain.

Please understand that finding a venue that meets the needs of a group as large as the AZSO is probably the most challenging aspect of running this event.

The Spring Shootout is happening. As some may be aware, I've had problems with both new venues who I've been unable to get a 100% commitment from. At this time I am avoiding making any major announcements or opening signups until venue issues have been resolved. It looks like we may be in Wickenburg again, however there is still one more detail I need to check on and won't be able to do so until after the holidays are over.

Once I've booked the venue for the Spring AZSO I will re-open signups and reach out to those who've already signed up.

Thanks for the update John.
I have no problem with the Shootout at the Wickenburg location.

Jerry

Dec 27 17 03:36 pm Link