Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Camera bag suggestions??

Photographer

NM Exposure

Littleton, Massachusetts, US

So I've got a Tamrac 625 pro system. I absolutely love this bag! It carries a ton of gear including 2 pro bodies with grips. 1 with a 70-200 mounted and 1 with a 24-105 mounted plus a bunch of other lenses and equipment.

My problem is that Tamrac stopped making them. The replacement Stratus line seems to be significantly smaller.

I suffer from an over active imagination so while I'm out and about I'll get crazy ideas for shot ranging from mid super telephoto zoomed in shots to super wide fisheye shots. I like having the wide variety of lenses with the 2 bodies in the same bag.

Does anyone know of any bags that are equivalent to the 625 pro? I know its a bulky bag but I don't mind.

Mar 14 17 07:00 am Link

Photographer

Sablesword

Gurnee, Illinois, US

NM Exposure wrote:
Does anyone know of any bags that are equivalent to the 625 pro? I know its a bulky bag but I don't mind.

I recently bought a Tenba Roadie II as my "ton of gear" camera bag. It looks like it's in the same size class as your Tamrac 625. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ … ulder.html

Mar 14 17 05:08 pm Link

Photographer

Iktan

New York, New York, US

I have this one

https://www.onabags.com/store/backpacks … oC_ubw_wcB

But I usually just pile my stuff in a 10$ jansport backpack and hope nothing breaks from all the rattling since they're all smashed in there.

Mar 14 17 05:16 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Gerardo Martinez wrote:
I have this one

https://www.onabags.com/store/backpacks … oC_ubw_wcB

But I usually just pile my stuff in a 10$ jansport backpack and hope nothing breaks from all the rattling since they're all smashed in there.

Yes to the backpack, with a little bit of foam between the hardware.

Mar 14 17 06:24 pm Link

Photographer

Pinup Fantasies

HIXSON, Tennessee, US

I have an older Tenba similar in size to your Tamrac. If you really like the Tamrac, have you checked for it on EBay. I've gotten some good deals on used bags there.

I am also a member of the "Bag of the Month Club." I probably have more than a dozen, not counting Pelican hard cases. I have never found any one single bag that works for every occasion, so I pick my bag based on the loadout I need for the shoot and how much weight I'm willing to haul around.

Mar 14 17 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

NM Exposure

Littleton, Massachusetts, US

Pinup Fantasies wrote:
I have an older Tenba similar in size to your Tamrac. If you really like the Tamrac, have you checked for it on EBay. I've gotten some good deals on used bags there.

I am also a member of the "Bag of the Month Club." I probably have more than a dozen, not counting Pelican hard cases. I have never found any one single bag that works for every occasion, so I pick my bag based on the loadout I need for the shoot and how much weight I'm willing to haul around.

Yeah, they don't show up much on EBay. The ones I have found have been pretty beat up and usually are missing the interior foam.

Mar 15 17 07:51 am Link

Photographer

hbutz New York

Ronkonkoma, New York, US

I just ordered a DSLR bag from Amazon, "Amazon Basics" brand which had great reviews and was less than half the price of others I looked at.  http://a.co/9eUlWJA  $18 bucks for the medium bag, $25 for the large one, and says to the world that my equipment is so cheap that it's not worth the risk of getting caught stealing.

Mar 15 17 08:38 am Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Mar 16 17 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Z_Photo

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Gura Gear bataflae 26l

Mar 16 17 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

San Diego, California, US

If you want to protect your gear, Pelican.

If you want to be cool and fashionable, ... whatever smokes your drawers or blows your dress up. Hang a spot meter on a string around your neck when you go to the bar to order a drink. It looks cool.

Your backpack doesn't take pictures, does it?

Spend less time on esoteric BS equipment and more time concentrating on making the best photos you can.

Do you want to be a consumer or do you want to make kick-ass images?

---------------

Please note:
- Amateurs worry about equipment
- Pros worry about money
- Masters worry about light     

(+mood, message, originality, imagination, balance, composition, eye flow, impact, production value, and lots of other elements of art or purpose.)

---------------

PS - I've replaced my old Lowepro's under lifetime warranty multiple times. That's worth something.

PPS - For durable, theft deterrent travel bags, I've enjoyed PacSafe products.

Mar 19 17 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Dream-foto

Chico, California, US

I never liked a backpack for camera gear because I have to take the pack off and lie it on the ground to access any item. Shoulder bag is much more convent. At least for me.

Mar 22 17 09:01 am Link