Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > It was the Longest Day...

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

https://www.nationalww2museumimages.org/web-assets/images/where-in-the-world1.jpg

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/media/images/75319000/jpg/_75319676_75319260.jpg

Jun 06 17 04:36 am Link

Model

Lisa Everhart

Sebring, Florida, US

Good post Frank.

Jun 06 17 05:47 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Lisa Everhart wrote:
Good post Frank.

Thanks, Lisa. This was a time when we didn't bully or condescend to our allies.

Jun 06 17 07:09 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

In the United States. the lead up to the second world war was a period of isolationism and nationalism, where the borders were closed to immigrants from certain nations and religions.
(The previous statement is a historical reference and not a comment on politics.)

I lost my copy of today's paper.  There was an article about the battle of midway.  Nothing about D-day.  But I only got the first section read.  Only D-Day reference I saw was in Peanuts.

Jun 06 17 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

Luckily the Luftwaffe couldnt muster much of an appearance in the initial days. thousands of troops concentrated on a beach area, could have been a disaster.

Jun 06 17 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

So many things right, so many things wrong. Omaha Beach (with some other strategies) was a place where so many things were wrong. Good on the Army troops for getting through that killing ground, albeit at a terrible price.

Jun 06 17 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:

Thanks, Lisa. This was a time when we didn't bully or condescend to our allies.

there was a time when our allies had similar goals. Unfortunately the world swung a wrong direction several years ago and is now finally swinging back towards the center after misaligned/stupid decisions have left them a hotbed for terrorism.
Thankfully we are now leading from a position  of strength as we did in WWI and WWII. Unfortunately it has cost lives due to good intentions but horrific decisions. (such as open borders, no vetting of Syrian refugees, lax security etc.)

Jun 07 17 07:29 am Link