Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > From homeless to representing city of Birmingham

Model

Leigh Hutchinson

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom

HI,

Ive never done a forum post on here before so this is new to me. ( dont hurt me lol)

SO ive been modelling for 5 years + and it originally started out as a dare by my friends. I'm a tomboy so the idea of make up and heels got you a very serious angry face if you mentioned it to me back then but on my 18th Birthday i was kicked out from home and made to wonder the streets homeless. No place to stay, nothing to eat, cold, alone and mental broken;( Like words cant even describe the way i felt at that time, even now). I could have easily called it a night and said good bye to the world but i didn't i carried on fighting to get my own place, get myself working and support myself. Yes still alone but i had the determination to run my race and see what i could do alone.

Nearly half a year on things started to pick up and all started to go well, that i remembered what my friends had said and decided to give modelling a go and who would have thought i would come to love it, embrace it and be modelling full time as a dream day job 5+ years on now.

Now as i type i am representing the City of Birmingham for the Miss Supranational UK finals competition, raising money for charities, trying to inspire others and help them to not give up even when times may feel hard and impossible to over come and trying to see if i can continue to grow and maybe represent England...

I never would have thought when i was 18 that i would have a crown and a sash and be fighting for the title of Miss England now in 2017 but if it means inspiring others to never give up even when you think there is no hope and to not feel like they are alone then its enough to keep me going.

http://leighhutchinson.co.uk/  Is my website given to me by a sponsor/ company call Linovate as a way to spread the word and let people get to know me. To all the Photographers, MUA, stylist, designers and even purple port. Those that i have worked with and chatted to THANK YOU so much for supporting me its from working with you that ive been able to do this job, make a living and have a home and bed to sleep in.

THANK YOU!! 

28th September is the competition finals and moment of truth can i go on to represent England???  smile only time will tell.

Sep 17 17 04:56 am Link

Photographer

LavishPhotography

Miami, Florida, US

Congratulations!! Not only on your success, but on not giving up on yourself and making something out of nothing.. wishing you the best in your future endeavors smile

Sep 17 17 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

And what a Beauty You are Too !

Sep 17 17 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

PhotoACR

Los Angeles, California, US

Great,, all the luck to you and keep at it, you also have a nice photogenic look

Sep 17 17 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

Thomas Van Dyke

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Congratulations on your amazing achievements thus far... Believe you have a fantastic journey ahead of you... And thank you for sharing your inspirational story which is wonderful motivational encouragement for others who would dream to follow your path...  All the best!

Sep 18 17 06:33 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Congratulations!
You have a great look!    smile

Sep 18 17 12:38 pm Link

Model

Leigh Hutchinson

LavishPhotography wrote:
Congratulations!! Not only on your success, but on not giving up on yourself and making something out of nothing.. wishing you the best in your future endeavors smile

Thank you so much smile You are right; the way the world works or the mentality it has is 'when your left with nothing you have nothing to offer' but thats the problem when you have nothing. you have nothing to loose and everything to gain and nothing tieing you down. for me to be able to get my own place, my own cloths and grow was such a rewarding achievement that most young kids wouldn't understand that feeling or maybe they do when they get a new iphone...

Sep 19 17 02:45 am Link

Model

Leigh Hutchinson

PhotoACR wrote:
Great,, all the luck to you and keep at it, you also have a nice photogenic look

Thank you

Sep 19 17 02:46 am Link

Model

Leigh Hutchinson

Garry k wrote:
And what a Beauty You are Too !

<3 thank you smile

Sep 19 17 02:46 am Link

Model

Leigh Hutchinson

Thomas Van Dyke wrote:
Congratulations on your amazing achievements thus far... Believe you have a fantastic journey ahead of you... And thank you for sharing your inspirational story which is wonderful motivational encouragement for others who would dream to follow your path...  All the best!

Thank you Thomas that means a lot. homelessness is a big thing and unfortunately because of some 'select' individuals who use begging as away to get free money to go over drinking, do drugs and what not; true homeless people are ignored.  when homeless i never begged for money. i found a place safe to sleep away from people who could try to hurt me and actually knew of a lot of people in my area and neighbourhood that where wasteful when it came to there food so i could find that easily. I wanted to be left alone and i just felt embarrassed and ashamed at the life i had to then live. i wanted to feed myself, look after myself and a few 2p and 5p wasn't going to get me a home to live in. my friend was the one in the end who i went to because i knew 1, i needed an address if i wanted help and 2, to no one will employ a person in dirty clothes. i walked away from her door 5 times before i actually knocked it and asked if i could use her shower and sleep on the floor. i thought she'd say No reject me and be ashamed of me but she wasnt she helped me and i continued to move forward and thats the MAIN thing i want people to take from this dont stop and think great this is my lot move forward because that path indeed wont move for you.

Sep 19 17 02:59 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Thank you for sharing your story.  I hope that you inspire many people in your life.

Sep 20 17 06:21 am Link

Model

-Aviva-

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

WOW! Great story. I will definitely submit it to the MM News for consideration.

Sep 27 17 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

strawberry venus

Detroit, Michigan, US

Leigh, thank you for sharing your story with us.  You are amazing and an true inspiration. Best of luck in your competition.

Oct 15 17 06:20 am Link