Forums > Critique > Website Feedback

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

Hi everyone,
I used to have a website with WIX but then I decided to take a break from photography so I cancelled it. I also got tired of paying $22 a month lol. Anyway, the other day I got an email from Adobe saying they offer free websites. I looked into it, it was true, it wasn't the easiest to put together but I attached my domain and got it done. I just want feedback on if it's easy to use, if it looks good, loads fast, and whatever else you want to say. Thanks!

Link: https://yajhilphoto.com/

Please note that I am currently not putting my phone number on the website because I have a regular job, and I can't answer calls during work, so I would rather people e-mail and then we can exchange info. Plus I'm not in a rush to jump back into photography yet. I'm just contemplating taking a few gigs here and there.

Jan 06 20 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

GSG Photography Studio

Portland, Oregon, US

NOT BAD NOT BAD! looks really clean!

Jan 06 20 07:26 pm Link

Photographer

ElegantOrchid

Largo, Florida, US

Wow, Adobe, huh!? I'll have to take a look into that. Overall, I love the cleanness of your site. Very short and to the point. Your photos are stellar, but you already knew that! One thing, I would suggest that I've heard from a few photographer... add a way for someone who might be interested in a shoot to contact you on every page. Even just a little button that bumps into email or an icon that brings them to the contact page.

Also, on your services page. The services not provided, while informational, I would just cut that part off. I don't think it's necessary. I do love your things to know, especially the tip on sensible shoes!

Overall, nice clean little site! How's your SEO and Social Media tie in? On topic, I LOVE your IG layout. Great job man!

Jan 07 20 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Jorge Kreimer

San Cristóbal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico

Very nice website. Best of luck!

Jan 07 20 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

GSG Photography Studio wrote:
NOT BAD NOT BAD! looks really clean!

Thank you!

Jan 17 20 03:47 am Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

ElegantOrchid wrote:
Wow, Adobe, huh!? I'll have to take a look into that. Overall, I love the cleanness of your site. Very short and to the point. Your photos are stellar, but you already knew that! One thing, I would suggest that I've heard from a few photographer... add a way for someone who might be interested in a shoot to contact you on every page. Even just a little button that bumps into email or an icon that brings them to the contact page.

Also, on your services page. The services not provided, while informational, I would just cut that part off. I don't think it's necessary. I do love your things to know, especially the tip on sensible shoes!

Overall, nice clean little site! How's your SEO and Social Media tie in? On topic, I LOVE your IG layout. Great job man!

Thank you! And yeah, I had no idea about Adobe doing it. Glad I found out, Thanks for all the feedback. I have to look into the SEO stuff. I know I entered a few things for SEO but it was for the overall website and not each page like on WIX. It even let's you do analytics. However, it doesn't seem I can post more than just the instagram icon linking to my Instagram. I kinda wanted to display my instagram on the actual site, under a social media tab, but I don't see how.

Jan 17 20 03:59 am Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

Jorge Kreimer wrote:
Very nice website. Best of luck!

Thanks!

Jan 17 20 03:59 am Link

Artist/Painter

Art Hermetic

Leeds, England, United Kingdom

Quality photos, but I find the pages cluttered and visually confusing, so many clashing sizes result in distraction.
But the site is clean, modern and fresh.

Jan 17 20 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Art Hermetic wrote:
Quality photos, but I find the pages cluttered and visually confusing, so many clashing sizes result in distraction.

I would agree with this

Also mixing Black and White Images randomly among colored images I find distracting

Jan 17 20 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

phpcat

Corcoran, California, US

You did this with Adobe Portfolio and Lightroom?  I got the same email and got my site set up easily and quickly but I am such a n00b I am still looking through all my images for something that might be good enough.  It would be very nice if I could get my site looking this good once I start uploading images.  Thanks very much for the inspiration.

Jan 17 20 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

Art Hermetic wrote:

Do you mean the photo pages or all the pages? If it's the photo layout I would have to look into it but I don't think they give gallery options really. I could create a page for horizontal images only and one for vertical but I don't think I have ever seen anyone do that. I could also just show only vertical or horizontal ones. Or I could try to organize them by orientation but it would still have tiny pictures with big pictures, just neater I guess? I dunno.

Jan 18 20 08:10 am Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

Garry k wrote:

I would agree with this

Also mixing Black and White Images randomly among colored images I find distracting

Should i get rid of the black and white images or put them all together in a row? What would you do?

Jan 18 20 08:11 am Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

phpcat wrote:
You did this with Adobe Portfolio and Lightroom?  I got the same email and got my site set up easily and quickly but I am such a n00b I am still looking through all my images for something that might be good enough.  It would be very nice if I could get my site looking this good once I start uploading images.  Thanks very much for the inspiration.

Thanks! Honestly, I only figured out how to use it because wix is sort of similar. It's annoying and frustrating at first, specially when you think you are doing one thing and then it doesn't work right. I suggest keep it simple, that's what I did in order to not lose it lol. Hope yours looks amazing!

Jan 18 20 08:14 am Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

UPDATE: I figured out how to at least organize the pictures. Maybe they look less jumbled now?

Jan 18 20 08:32 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

YAJHILPHOTO wrote:

Should i get rid of the black and white images or put them all together in a row? What would you do?

I suggest that You expand on your Black and White Photography ( because it is fairly strong ) and create a separate gallery for it

Jan 18 20 10:35 am Link

Photographer

ImOutOfHere

New York, New York, US

Garry k wrote:

I suggest that You expand on your Black and White Photography ( because it is fairly strong ) and create a separate gallery for it

Thanks. I guess when I do more shots I'll consider that. For now I at least put the in a row like they are best friends lol. Clients normally don't ask for black and white images, some have actually said no black and white specially actors since they no longer need them, so it would have to be whenever I do more TF work.

Jan 18 20 03:49 pm Link