Forums > General Industry > Your favorite models....

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

I my case, as I look back at close to 9years of MM membership photography, my favorite images are the one when
I can communicate with the model and give her a general idea of what I am trying to achieve, and then proceed.
Most of them, if not all, have some acting abilities and even come up with some ideas on the theme. Then during each break
we both look at the pictures and see what went wrong.... Most often the photographer.....
Most often, specially for nude shoot I forget to pay attention to the facial expression and/or hands positions.
But altogether it has be a wonderful 9 years!!
I guess for the time being, work for models and photographers are in the doldrums.....Hope it wont last too long.

Mar 19 20 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Orlando Sydney

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Yeah it's nice when you can look back with fond memories like that.

Most of the ones for me are the shoots where a small team collaborated rather than the one on one sessions. Good fun.

Apr 20 20 12:54 am Link

Photographer

sospix

Orlando, Florida, US

I've been lucky to work with a lot of wonderfully talented models  .  .  .  ones that are creative, with lots of attitude, energy and willingness to explore new looks and ideas  .  .  .  most of my really memorable shoots are with just myself and the model, most times in out of the way locales that offer a vast array of visual variety to play with  .  .  .  I guess the biggest problem with shoots like that is editing the images down to just a few real stand outs, I tend to shoot in "3's" (doing slight adjustments to the pose, use of the light and camera settings for each frame) and the differences from one frame to another can sometimes make the "final" choice very difficult  .  .  .  but, that's a good "problem" to have!

SOS

Apr 20 20 08:12 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I look at photos of my favorite model often.
I am mesmerized by her beauty.

Apr 20 20 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

several.

The one single connecting attribute is their smile and wide eyed reaction to some crazy idea I might have. It might not lead to a great image, but they give it their all. We have tons of fun trying. They usually have great ideas on top of whatever silly concept I suggested.

As my mentor told me long, long ago, "If you are not having fun, you are doing something wrong."

Apr 20 20 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

Eric212Grapher wrote:
"If you are not having fun, you are doing something wrong."

+1
jen

Apr 20 20 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Angel House Portraits

Orlando, Florida, US

From going back a decade now the best shoots I had were not even planned by me. Back in the heyday one model contacted me and she had a mind doing a Jessica Simpson car wash theme. I didn't even have those fancy all in one strobes. I did away with my two Nikon speed lights and creative light. Needless to say it was one of the best shoots ever.

Apr 21 20 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
I my case, as I look back at close to 9years of MM membership photography, my favorite images are the one when
I can communicate with the model and give her a general idea of what I am trying to achieve, and then proceed.
Most of them, if not all, have some acting abilities and even come up with some ideas on the theme. Then during each break
we both look at the pictures and see what went wrong.... Most often the photographer.....
Most often, specially for nude shoot I forget to pay attention to the facial expression and/or hands positions.
But altogether it has be a wonderful 9 years!!
I guess for the time being, work for models and photographers are in the doldrums.....Hope it wont last too long.

I greatly value trust and connection, so, mostly, the shoots where I started, or continued, a working relationship.  For the last several years, very few of my shoots have been with "models" in the regular sense.  Just young women who liked what I do, and wanted to be part of it. 

Here are a couple; neither of whom had ever modeled before we met.  And, I did twelve shoots with Georgia, and twenty one with Faith.  Most nude, and most "alone".  Georgia became a good friend, and Faith was, for a time, the best friend I've had in decades.  My muses from the last four years.

Georgia:   https://live.staticflickr.com/4602/25898499348_ff70094b04_b.jpg

(18+) https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/42773346

Faith:  https://live.staticflickr.com/7889/47352292332_70a7819667_b.jpg
(18+) https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/46278505

Apr 22 20 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Art of the nude

Grand Rapids, Michigan, US

Eric212Grapher wrote:
several.

The one single connecting attribute is their smile and wide eyed reaction to some crazy idea I might have. It might not lead to a great image, but they give it their all. We have tons of fun trying. They usually have great ideas on top of whatever silly concept I suggested.

As my mentor told me long, long ago, "If you are not having fun, you are doing something wrong."

YES!!

I commented above about broader themes, but for favorite MOMENTS, this smile / face (Faith had done four or five shoots, in a bit over a month, at the time.  Makeup by Faith.)

https://live.staticflickr.com/956/39918830380_4c3efbc79a_b.jpg

Apr 22 20 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

My favorites tend to be the ones who bring their own ideas to the shoot. It shows they're investing themselves in the shoot. I also lok back fondly on the models who are willing to work to get the shot... difficult poses, discomfort, sheer physical effort, etc.

My all-time favorite was not a model at all, but a high school athlete. Gorgeous girl, good heart and very smart. Surprisingly modest about her looks and accomplishments, too.  We worked together a lot in the space of two years (I'd shot her on the field for three years before getting the bright idea to use her as a model.) We got to know each other so well that in one shoot, we shot for about an hour with not a word spoken. We worked in dead silence. I directed her with looks, poses, hand gestures. After a while we didn't want to jinx the mood by breaking the silence. It was also one of the most productive shoots I've ever had, regarding hits/total shots.

Apr 22 20 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

Orlando Sydney

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Orca Bay Images wrote:
My favorites tend to be the ones who bring their own ideas to the shoot. It shows they're investing themselves in the shoot. I also lok back fondly on the models who are willing to work to get the shot... difficult poses, discomfort, sheer physical effort, etc.

My all-time favorite was not a model at all, but a high school athlete. Gorgeous girl, good heart and very smart. Surprisingly modest about her looks and accomplishments, too.  We worked together a lot in the space of two years (I'd shot her on the field for three years before getting the bright idea to use her as a model.) We got to know each other so well that in one shoot, we shot for about an hour with not a word spoken. We worked in dead silence. I directed her with looks, poses, hand gestures. After a while we didn't want to jinx the mood by breaking the silence. It was also one of the most productive shoots I've ever had, regarding hits/total shots.

Wonderful experience for both. Very cool story.

May 07 20 01:23 am Link