Forums > Photography Talk > The Philosophical Prompt

Photographer

Randy Poe

Green Cove Springs, Florida, US

I had a client do a no show tonight after much messaging about the shoot. All setup and ready to go I closed my Light-Room file and it offered the prompt. “Do you really want to quit?”

Sigh. Sometimes Light Room, Sometimes.

Aug 30 21 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

BTW just meant to be silly. all is fine.

Aug 30 21 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

What excuse did your client have for the no-show?

Aug 31 21 09:33 am Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

Client wanted a photographer who uses Capture One.

(j/k)

Aug 31 21 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

Randy Poe

LOL!!! kids

Aug 31 21 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

Warren Leimbach

Tampa, Florida, US

Randy Poe wrote:
I had a client do a no show tonight after much messaging about the shoot. All setup and ready to go I closed my Light-Room file and it offered the prompt. “Do you really want to quit?”

Sigh. Sometimes Light Room, Sometimes.

Model Mayhem really needs the ability to mark a range of reactions;  "Thumbs up", "Laugh", "Cry", "Burn It All Down", etc.

Sep 01 21 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Warren Leimbach wrote:
Model Mayhem really needs the ability to mark a range of reactions;  "Thumbs up", "Laugh", "Cry", "Burn It All Down", etc.

Why?
Are you too lazy to actually write something that relates to how you feel about something that was written by others?
Are you wanting to turn MM into FB or some other lame social media site for kids?

Photography is an art . . . Photographers ought to try to at least speak about their art, as an artist would.
Full and complete sentences expressing complete thoughts are more effective for communicating than grunts, thumbs up or down, or any other shortcut to express your reactions to someone else's thoughts, images, or artistic expressions.

Sep 01 21 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

+1

Sep 02 21 09:47 am Link

Photographer

G Reese

Marion, Indiana, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
Why?
Are you too lazy to actually write something that relates to how you feel about something that was written by others?
Are you wanting to turn MM into FB or some other lame social media site for kids?

Photography is an art . . . Photographers ought to try to at least speak about their art, as an artist would.
Full and complete sentences expressing complete thoughts are more effective for communicating than grunts, thumbs up or down, or any other shortcut to express your reactions to someone else's thoughts, images, or artistic expressions.

Such is the world we live in these days Ken.  I can barely remember when what I shot could  mean the difference of someone living or not. Those experiences shaped the way I work, and how I treat the people I work with.

My "art" is the telling a story. Photojournalism.  Glamour eludes me. Although I did get a peak into your world, It was not something I could see myself doing day after day.  A sunrise on a cold fogy morning, that is where I live.

Today we live in a world of internet shorthand, lol, imho, idk,  ect.  It's just not the same.

Hows that for a grunt?

Gary

https://flic.kr/p/2iChV4E

Sep 02 21 02:46 pm Link