Forums > General Industry > How to add https:// in the mobile version?

Model

Anna Dark

Miami, Florida, US

How to add https:// in the mobile version?

My Instagram link starts with www.

And this link does not work in the mobile version of the site. Need to add https://

However, when adding and saving, nothing happens in the mobile version and the link remains the same.

Sep 11 23 03:47 pm Link

Model

Anna Dark

Miami, Florida, US

Also, the city is not saved in the mobile version. I select my city and my state, save, but nothing happens. I have an iPhone 13.

Sep 11 23 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Can you email the link to yourself?
Then you could copy and paste it into your browser and save it.
I dunno, just thinkin'...

Sep 11 23 06:38 pm Link

Model

Anna Dark

Miami, Florida, US

Shadow Dancer wrote:
Can you email the link to yourself?
Then you could copy and paste it into your browser and save it.
I dunno, just thinkin'...

Still doesn't work. This is a glitch in the site's mobile application.

Sep 15 23 08:15 am Link

Photographer

Dorola

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The mobile version is terrible to try to use. If you have a large phone, switch to using MM on the internet browser, but in desktop model (mobile mode will kill you). When travelling, I usually take a tablet and hot-syn it to my phone to access the internet when no wifi is available. Again, only access MM through an internet browser and change viewing to desktop mode. Nothing beats having a laptop with you when travelling and you should consider it as the best method.

Sep 15 23 09:50 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Dorola wrote:
The mobile version is terrible to try to use. If you have a large phone, switch to using MM on the internet browser, but in desktop model (mobile mode will kill you). When travelling, I usually take a tablet and hot-syn it to my phone to access the internet when no wifi is available. Again, only access MM through an internet browser and change viewing to desktop mode. Nothing beats having a laptop with you when travelling and you should consider it as the best method.

THAT.

Stop using the app/mobile version. I never get notifications if another person is using the app. I have to manually check the thread on my laptop. The app and the desktop version do not communicate - among the other terrible things associated with the app.

Sep 15 23 10:12 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Well I know that you get more attention for your post in General, but shouldn't this be moved to Site Related since it's about the app?

Sep 15 23 11:46 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Model Sarah wrote:
Stop using the app/mobile version. I never get notifications if another person is using the app. I have to manually check the thread on my laptop. The app and the desktop version do not communicate - among the other terrible things associated with the app.

WoW.
After changing the major rules so they can have the app listed in the play stores, it doesn't work?
No wonder why I get such little response from models anymore, even when I'm responding to THIER casting calls / travel notices... and no wonder why more and more people are using IG.

Sep 15 23 01:22 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

WoW.
After changing the major rules so they can have the app listed in the play stores, it doesn't work?
No wonder why I get such little response from models anymore, even when I'm responding to THIER casting calls / travel notices... and no wonder why more and more people are using IG.

I have been saying this for at least a year in site related. I looked extremely unprofessional from photographers using the app because it looks like I am ignoring their message when I never saw it in the first place BECAUSE they are using the app and I use the desktop version.

Sep 15 23 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Model Sarah wrote:
I have been saying this for at least a year in site related. I looked extremely unprofessional from photographers using the app because it looks like I am ignoring their message when I never saw it in the first place BECAUSE they are using the app and I use the desktop version.

Yep, I totally know what you mean.

Usually if I feel someone is ignoring my messages it's because they're 'too good' and/or 'too lazy' to respond, even if it's to politely decline, so I block them, not because I don't want them to contact me but because I don't want to waste my time contacting them and not getting a reply again. 

Now I see that it's most likely because they never got my message in the first place.

Sep 15 23 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

Yep, I totally know what you mean.

Usually if I feel someone is ignoring my messages it's because they're 'too good' and/or 'too lazy' to respond, even if it's to politely decline, so I block them, not because I don't want them to contact me but because I don't want to waste my time contacting them and not getting a reply again. 

Now I see that it's most likely because they never got my message in the first place.

Didn't take long for a new model to see one of the problems with this website.  The app!

Sep 15 23 09:49 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Well I know that you get more attention for your post in General, but shouldn't this be moved to Site Related since it's about the app?

There are NUMEROUS threads there that address this and nothing is done.

Sep 16 23 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Model Sarah wrote:

There are NUMEROUS threads there that address this and nothing is done.

True.  I suppose typical to the response from previous complaints that nothing will continue to get done.  hmm

Sep 16 23 10:51 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

True.  I suppose typical to the response from previous complaints that nothing will continue to get done.  hmm

Pretty much.

Sep 17 23 11:44 am Link