login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Tampa M&G Chit Chat 6 Search   Reply
first230231232233234235236237last
Photographer
Chris Rifkin
Posts: 24,421
Tampa, Florida, US


I see someone still has leftover Hallwoeen candy and purposely saved "their favorite" for themselves and subjected trick or treaters candy corn
smile
Nov 12 12 08:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chris Rifkin
Posts: 24,421
Tampa, Florida, US


S W I N S K E Y wrote:
first trip to the DR:
i clear customs and there are 7 taxi cab drivers outside with signs that read "swinskey". I interrogated four of them before i found the guy that had the right answers. (they apparently copy whatever some other cab driver writes)

Second trip to the DR:
i walked across the street from the intercontinental in Santo Domingo to just sit on the beach and i'm approached by some Cop/military dude holding a machine gun..he wanted to collect the "Beach Tax"..i pulled out my phone (that didnt work in the DR) and told him i was calling the american embassy, that he needed to tell them why he needed my money...he looked at me, then called me a (sangano americano) stupid american, then walked away...

Third trip:
the taxi cab driver tells me he's been robbed to many times, that i needed to pay him up front...i get to the hotel and he then asks for the fare...i said, hey i already paid you...he then asked who i thought the police would believe, me or him...

fuck the DR..
it is a beautiful island though


more newness:
http://www.facebook.com/dougswinskeyphoto
http://dougswinskey.tumblr.com

Yeah,I have no use for the DR as well,and before you said this.
Not my thing,not my scene.

Nov 12 12 08:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chris Rifkin
Posts: 24,421
Tampa, Florida, US


Carl Roberts wrote:

I tell you I think I like it better than CR
If for no other reason than it's bigger with more people and
It has that Zona Colonial, which is some real culture and history and significant architectural buildings which gives you something to do where as San Jose really and truly has nothing other than the people

But yeah, that was an intense 48 hours that's for sure

And I'll tell you, it's probably a very good thing the Tica's can't travel to the US
I will guarantee you I'd be living with one in about a week

Because...Damn...

Oh and for EdwinR

Just amazing shoot locales down there...
I mean just simply unbelievable doorways and buildings and churches.
Amazing

Neither is my scene to be honest,the only reason for me to go to CR would to be watch Arenal as I'm a volcano nerd,but that shut itself off.
I think I might do a trip to either Vanatu(sp) to watch their regular volcano...but would prefer to go out to Anak Krakatau(son of Krakatau,new island inside the caldera that blowed up in 1883)
only because of the exoticness and the history of that volcano(as long as its doing the Stromboli type thing of little spit ups that look awsome at sunset/night)

Nov 12 12 08:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Koryo Photography
Posts: 862
Tampa, Florida, US


I like the little park at the end of my street. They have ice cream there.
Nov 12 12 09:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lady Pelvic
Posts: 1,408
Orlando, Florida, US


Good morning Tampa~!
Nov 13 12 03:53 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


Lady Pelvic wrote:
Good morning Tampa~!

And good morning to you Mary Princess Sunshine!

Nov 13 12 03:53 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
OwenImages
Posts: 3,801
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, US


Koryo Photography wrote:
I like the little park at the end of my street. They have ice cream there.

It's a little cheaper to go there too!  smile

Nov 13 12 06:15 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lady Pelvic
Posts: 1,408
Orlando, Florida, US


Carl Roberts wrote:

And good morning to you Mary Princess Sunshine!

Lawlz, how art thou? big_smile

Nov 13 12 06:26 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
sospix
Posts: 21,128
Orlando, Florida, US


S W I N S K E Y wrote:

"have" sounds a tad possessive, the moment you think you have a muse, they usually bolt...what i "have" is a good friend that is an exceptional model. but ill agree in principle.

True enough  .  .  .  well, congrats on the good friend/wonderful model that you're currently producing such beautiful images with  .  .  .  hopefully much more to come  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Nov 13 12 07:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
sospix
Posts: 21,128
Orlando, Florida, US


Lady Pelvic wrote:

Lawlz, how art thou? big_smile

Since when iz ya speakin' in Olde English  .  .  .  I'm still strugglin' with my Ebonix  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Nov 13 12 07:12 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lady Pelvic
Posts: 1,408
Orlando, Florida, US


sospix wrote:

Since when iz ya speakin' in Olde English  .  .  .  I'm still strugglin' with my Ebonix  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Since this morning. But I'm back to modern times so no worries.
So... Sos, you coming to see my show this weekend? ;B In TAMPA~

Nov 13 12 05:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
orias
Posts: 4,985
Tampa, Florida, US


H E R B L I S H wrote:
It's all about Shenanigans!

well theres definitely about to be some serious shenanigans on my part of a radio show tonight lol smile

Nov 13 12 05:51 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
sospix
Posts: 21,128
Orlando, Florida, US


Lady Pelvic wrote:

Since this morning. But I'm back to modern times so no worries.
So... Sos, you coming to see my show this weekend? ;B In TAMPA~

Where exactly IS Tampa anyway  .  .  .  wink  Sorry, I'm gonna be a bit further south Miss P  .  .  .  do ya get ta keep yer clothes on in this one  .  .  .  don't hit me, I'm old and brittle  .  .  .  wink  "Break a leg", hope it goes very well  .  .  .

SOS

Nov 14 12 01:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
sospix
Posts: 21,128
Orlando, Florida, US


orias wrote:

well theres definitely about to be some serious shenanigans on my part of a radio show tonight lol smile

Will this be aired on the National Catholic Radio program  .  .  .  or, on sumethin' else  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Nov 14 12 01:45 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


Lady Pelvic wrote:
Since this morning. But I'm back to modern times so no worries.
So... Sos, you coming to see my show this weekend? ;B In TAMPA~

So give us specifics!

When, Where...!

Nov 14 12 04:18 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lady Pelvic
Posts: 1,408
Orlando, Florida, US


sospix wrote:

Where exactly IS Tampa anyway  .  .  .  wink  Sorry, I'm gonna be a bit further south Miss P  .  .  .  do ya get ta keep yer clothes on in this one  .  .  .  don't hit me, I'm old and brittle  .  .  .  wink  "Break a leg", hope it goes very well  .  .  .

SOS

Nah. I would of tried out for AHA - After Hour Affairs. Where characters strip but... to be honest, I'm glad I didn't. That show (behind the scenes) is a mess. They didn't run lines until last week. (this week is the show), there is a major lack of communication and organization and like I said... glad I wasn't apart of this chaos.

Then there is pleasure pixels which is like a nerdy burlesque show. But...they're super secretive...

But alas, thank you~

Nov 14 12 05:25 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lady Pelvic
Posts: 1,408
Orlando, Florida, US


Carl Roberts wrote:

So give us specifics!

When, Where...!

Bam! http://www.shadocon.com/
If you want pay for the entire con there is ticket information etc etc. And the location is the Hyatt Regency. (Unfortunetely it's 1o for parking. 14 for in and out privileges... A DAY. Dx )

If you want to just see my show; it's bother Saturday and Sunday at 2pm. I can get you in for free. I just have to add your name to the guest list. (If you want to bring a friend that's cool) I get two people per day. So just let me know what day you want. Unless you're buying a ticket for the weekend or the day then there is no need.

Sunday I think I only have one spot left though...

Nov 14 12 05:28 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
sospix
Posts: 21,128
Orlando, Florida, US


Lady Pelvic wrote:

Bam! http://www.shadocon.com/
If you want pay for the entire con there is ticket information etc etc. And the location is the Hyatt Regency. (Unfortunetely it's 1o for parking. 14 for in and out privileges... A DAY. Dx )

If you want to just see my show; it's bother Saturday and Sunday at 2pm. I can get you in for free. I just have to add your name to the guest list. (If you want to bring a friend that's cool) I get two people per day. So just let me know what day you want. Unless you're buying a ticket for the weekend or the day then there is no need.

Sunday I think I only have one spot left though...

How come yer not on the "special guests" list  .  .  .  should I send Daisy over to "talk" to someone  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Nov 14 12 06:00 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


Lady Pelvic wrote:
Bam! http://www.shadocon.com/
If you want pay for the entire con there is ticket information etc etc. And the location is the Hyatt Regency. (Unfortunetely it's 1o for parking. 14 for in and out privileges... A DAY. Dx )

If you want to just see my show; it's bother Saturday and Sunday at 2pm. I can get you in for free. I just have to add your name to the guest list. (If you want to bring a friend that's cool) I get two people per day. So just let me know what day you want. Unless you're buying a ticket for the weekend or the day then there is no need.

Sunday I think I only have one spot left though...

OK Got it!
Let me see what I can do
Thanks for the offer, but I'll just buy a ticket
That way you can use your freebies for family and other friends

Nov 14 12 07:00 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Lady Pelvic
Posts: 1,408
Orlando, Florida, US


sospix wrote:

How come yer not on the "special guests" list  .  .  .  should I send Daisy over to "talk" to someone  .  .  .  wink

SOS

Cause I'm not special enough! ;_;
/cries

Nov 14 12 05:13 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Lady Pelvic
Posts: 1,408
Orlando, Florida, US


Carl Roberts wrote:

OK Got it!
Let me see what I can do
Thanks for the offer, but I'll just buy a ticket
That way you can use your freebies for family and other friends

Aw. You sure?
And it turns out both Sat spots are taken...so if you're sure and don't want to pay, it's a freebie into Bdbd! tongue
But I'm excited that you're coming! : DDDD

Nov 14 12 05:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


So I guess we are coming up on Thanksgiving

One of the best meals I have had in a long time was when JoeyK had me over to his place. His Mrs. knows how to put on a spread. Yummy!

This year I'm going back down to the DR I think
Nov 16 12 04:45 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
sospix
Posts: 21,128
Orlando, Florida, US


Carl Roberts wrote:
So I guess we are coming up on Thanksgiving

One of the best meals I have had in a long time was when JoeyK had me over to his place. His Mrs. knows how to put on a spread. Yummy!

This year I'm going back down to the DR I think

Me thinks CR is now a DR addict  .  .  .  wink  Safe travels my friend  .  .  .

SOS

Nov 16 12 06:48 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
OwenImages
Posts: 3,801
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, US


On Sunday I'll be taking the kids to the Tampa Bay Times Forum to watch the Gators basketball team kick some serious butt!  big_smile
Nov 16 12 04:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Chris Photography
Posts: 1,044
Tampa, Florida, US


First day all week no one has called or told me to;
1, Get a life,
2, Effing scumbag
3, Smile assholes
4, POS
5,  POS Paparazi
6, Lowlife
7, Lowlife loser
8,  Leave her alone
9,  Go to hell
10, Burn in hell
11,  Get a real job
12,  Eff off
13,  You suck
14, Effing assholes
15,  And my personal favorite!  A resident with his 6-7 year old son snaps an iphone photo as he runs away, Smile vultures!  Guess I told them son!
Damn I love my job!
Nov 17 12 05:36 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


Lady Pelvic wrote:
Bam! http://www.shadocon.com/

If you want to just see my show; it's bother Saturday and Sunday at 2pm.

Hopefully you are still performing
On my way over

Nov 17 12 08:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


Nov 17 12 10:02 am  Link  Quote 
Model
orias
Posts: 4,985
Tampa, Florida, US


Chris Photography wrote:
First day all week no one has called or told me to;
1, Get a life,
2, Effing scumbag
3, Smile assholes
4, POS
5,  POS Paparazi
6, Lowlife
7, Lowlife loser
8,  Leave her alone
9,  Go to hell
10, Burn in hell
11,  Get a real job
12,  Eff off
13,  You suck
14, Effing assholes
15,  And my personal favorite!  A resident with his 6-7 year old son snaps an iphone photo as he runs away, Smile vultures!  Guess I told them son!
Damn I love my job!

i cant believe you took time to write that all out,  you need to get a life ;P

Nov 17 12 03:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


Just got back from watching our girl Lady Pelvic perform at Shadowcon
She did a great job

But DAMN was that place crowded!

Also, I was expecting a 15 minute performance

3 hours later, I'm still shooting

My external flash batteries died just before the end so I went to the "On Board" flash

I feel so dirty
Nov 17 12 04:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/amale9999/Photoshoots/Amber%20at%20Shadowcon/DSC_0028.jpg

Our girl Amber aka Lady Pelvic!

By the way, Lady Pelvic, you have a link in your inbox
Nov 17 12 05:47 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
orias
Posts: 4,985
Tampa, Florida, US


Carl Roberts wrote:
Just got back from watching our girl Lady Pelvic perform at Shadowcon
She did a great job

But DAMN was that place crowded!

Also, I was expecting a 15 minute performance

3 hours later, I'm still shooting

My external flash batteries died just before the end so I went to the "On Board" flash

I feel so dirty

i've still never been but have been meaning to since it started a couple years ago.  i just go to waaay too many anime, comic, sci fi type events a year that it's getting to be quite a sad hobby lol

i'm glad it's going awesome this year smile

Nov 17 12 05:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/amale9999/Photoshoots/Amber%20at%20Shadowcon/DSC_0012.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/amale9999/Photoshoots/Amber%20at%20Shadowcon/DSC_0308.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/amale9999/Photoshoots/Amber%20at%20Shadowcon/DSC_0008.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/amale9999/Photoshoots/Amber%20at%20Shadowcon/DSC_0001.jpg
Nov 17 12 06:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
orias
Posts: 4,985
Tampa, Florida, US


awz soo cute smile  now i'm jelly...i want all the hot girls for myself haha
Nov 17 12 07:25 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
OwenImages
Posts: 3,801
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, US


Almost time to go to the Gator Basketball Game!  smile
Nov 18 12 11:02 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/amale9999/Photoshoots/Scully%20Half%20Marathon/DSC_0002.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k314/amale9999/Photoshoots/Scully%20Half%20Marathon/DSC_0123.jpg

Shot a friend of mine that ran the St Pete Half Marathon this morning
I had to get up at 5 to be there at 7 for the gun

It seemed like a good idea when I agreed to it
Less so at 5am this morning
Nov 18 12 12:05 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
OwenImages
Posts: 3,801
Indian Rocks Beach, Florida, US


Carl, I thought about going because I had friends running it as well and it is only about 2-3 miles from my house.  I went to bed at 2am.  To say the least, I did not go...but had I gone that early, I would have used a flash.  wink
Nov 18 12 12:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


OwenImages wrote:
Carl, I thought about going because I had friends running it as well and it is only about 2-3 miles from my house.  I went to bed at 2am.  To say the least, I did not go...but had I gone that early, I would have used a flash.  wink

I used the flash when it was dark
The shot of my friend was at the end of the race when it was "Light" out
I probably should have left the flash on the whole way but I was trying to get a series of rapid shots of her coming across the tape and I knew my flash could not keep up and I was too far away
And then when she came over to me the flash was in my pocket
But yes, a flash would have been a better call on that shot

Apparently I was at f13 at 1/200
I suppose I could have been at a better setting to help too

Nov 18 12 01:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


From Facebook

Unique Portraits
Hello Everyone

Looking for a photographer to do a family sunset portrait shoot @ indian rocks beach, it's a family of 7 , would like to get 3 quality portrait images of them. The shoot can take place this Tuesday or Wednesday at Sunset time pay is $100 , I know it's not much, but it's the budget I have. If anyone is experienced in sunset shoots and interested please feel free to call me at 407-701-8029

Too bad JoeyK is not here
That would be right in his wheelhouse
Nov 18 12 05:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
joeyk
Posts: 14,588
Seminole, Florida, US


Carl Roberts wrote:
From Facebook

Unique Portraits
Hello Everyone

Looking for a photographer to do a family sunset portrait shoot @ indian rocks beach, it's a family of 7 , would like to get 3 quality portrait images of them. The shoot can take place this Tuesday or Wednesday at Sunset time pay is $100 , I know it's not much, but it's the budget I have. If anyone is experienced in sunset shoots and interested please feel free to call me at 407-701-8029

Too bad JoeyK is not here
That would be right in his wheelhouse

Except I wouldn't do it for $100...

Nov 18 12 06:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Carl Roberts
Posts: 32,933
Saint Petersburg, Florida, US


joeyk wrote:
Except I wouldn't do it for $100...

Pfft..I was thinking if you had nothing better to do, it's a $100 you otherwise would not have had

I'm always of the opinion that something is better than nothing if it is not keeping you from making other money

Nov 19 12 04:17 am  Link  Quote 
first230231232233234235236237last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers