login info join!
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > DAR Critiques > before and after - photo manip. / touch ups Search   Reply
Digital Artist
JamasEnt
Posts: 8
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


Contact: JamasEntertainment@Gmail.com

Model: Meilssa Andrea Marin
This was done for my T-Shirt Company: Serious Planes
(Like us on FaceBook: Jamas Entertainment & Serious Planes)
Twitter: @JamasEnt @SeriousPlanes

http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae96 … /PIC-1.png
http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae96 … /PIC-2.png
http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae96 … /PIC-3.png
http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae96 … /PIC-4.png


FEEDBACK WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED
Mar 07 12 09:29 am  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
JamasEnt
Posts: 8
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


feedback?
Mar 07 12 09:32 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Ledo retouch
Posts: 1,132
Lodi, California, US


green eggs and spam
Mar 07 12 09:38 am  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
JamasEnt
Posts: 8
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


excuse me?
Mar 07 12 10:02 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
IMagus Digital Fine Art
Posts: 545
Saint Paul, Minnesota, US


lol

Train Wreck...
Mar 07 12 10:04 am  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
JamasEnt
Posts: 8
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


lol i just edited my "Advertisement" now how about sum feedback?
Mar 07 12 10:05 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
IMagus Digital Fine Art
Posts: 545
Saint Paul, Minnesota, US


JamasEnt wrote:
lol i just edited my "Advertisement" now how about sum feedback?

You didn't ask for feedback my friend. Looks like a solicitation to me. Do you really want feedback?

Mar 07 12 10:08 am  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
JamasEnt
Posts: 8
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


are u serious? can i just get some feedback?
Mar 07 12 10:12 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
IMagus Digital Fine Art
Posts: 545
Saint Paul, Minnesota, US


JamasEnt wrote:
are u serious? can i just get some feedback?

I  thought this was a pretty portrait: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 1#26985771 but you could use some practice with your post work. 

Honestly you look a little green to me and there's nothing wrong with that but I'm not sure you're ready for aggressive promoting.
Refine your portfolio a bit more.

Just my humble feedback but who am I really.  wink
Best of Luck.
~T

Mar 07 12 10:16 am  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
JamasEnt
Posts: 8
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


what do you mean by green? & Why are u giving me feedback on photos that aren't even within this thread? lol I'm not a photographer. I'm a Graphic Designer who actually specializes in logo design. I do album/mixtape covers, flyers, business cards, etc..(all this could be considered photo manip. in some way)... I decided to start editing photography & I honestly think I did pretty good on these. Thanks anyways. Stay Humble.
Mar 07 12 10:21 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
IMagus Digital Fine Art
Posts: 545
Saint Paul, Minnesota, US


JamasEnt wrote:
what do you mean by green? & Why are u giving me feedback on photos that aren't even within this thread? lol I'm not a photographer. I'm a Graphic Designer who actually specializes in logo design. I do album/mixtape covers, flyers, business cards, etc..(all this could be considered photo manip. in some way)... I decided to start editing photography & I honestly think I did pretty good on these. Thanks anyways. Stay Humble.

hmmm... well perhaps you are in the wrong place. The is Model Mayhem not Graphic Designer Mayhem. My bad I guess but considering my many years experience as a graphic designer I will include that your logo is also just ok.  wink

No hard feeling best of luck with your endeavors.

Mar 07 12 10:28 am  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
JamasEnt
Posts: 8
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


IMagus Digital Fine Art wrote:

I  thought this was a pretty portrait: http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pi … 1#26985771 but you could use some practice with your post work. 

Honestly you look a little green to me and there's nothing wrong with that but I'm not sure you're ready for aggressive promoting.
Refine your portfolio a bit more.

Just my humble feedback but who am I really.  wink
Best of Luck.
~T

I see your a graphic designer as well, I saw your work and I must say I was highly impressed. I mean, with all them years of experience you better be as good as you are. lol I have almost two years in graphic design and I've came along way. Check out some of my work on facebook. I'm sure you'll like what you see. I'm open to learning and collaborating. I would love to learn some of your techniques.

Mar 07 12 10:29 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Leighthenubian
Posts: 2,768
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


First, you need to be here: http://www.modelmayhem.com/t.php?forum_id=74

MHO: These are not good...before or after. Whoever shot these needs to learn exposure, composition and shooting technique from the ground up.

For Instance: Shooting short subjects from above using a wide angle focal length = bad.

Everyone has to start somewhere..I would start with "good" images and then apply creative post process techniques.

BTW: What are you selling with these? all I see are tatty shots of girls...
Mar 07 12 10:50 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lawrence Christopher
Posts: 1,398
Milwaukie, Oregon, US


JamasEnt wrote:
what do you mean by green? & Why are u giving me feedback on photos that aren't even within this thread? lol I'm not a photographer. I'm a Graphic Designer who actually specializes in logo design. I do album/mixtape covers, flyers, business cards, etc..(all this could be considered photo manip. in some way)... I decided to start editing photography & I honestly think I did pretty good on these. Thanks anyways. Stay Humble.

You have to keep in mind that you came to a community full of other people that do this type of stuff for a living. Take any critique you can get without getting upset, the previous posters above have been polite

As far as my opinion. I agree with the posts above, the designs aren't that great. You will get better with time, but for now it seems like you're following some online tutorials to the tee, especially this one http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae96 … PIC-3.png. I don't see any creativity here, just copy and paste of designs and not so impressive photography. I understand you didn't take the shots yourself but they are part of the design and they will be critiqued as well. Honestly the photography alone makes me blind to the rest of the design. But I'm a photographer so that's the first thing I look at.

Mar 07 12 07:10 pm  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
JamasEnt
Posts: 8
West Palm Beach, Florida, US


Christopher Murr wrote:

You have to keep in mind that you came to a community full of other people that do this type of stuff for a living. Take any critique you can get without getting upset, the previous posters above have been polite

As far as my opinion. I agree with the posts above, the designs aren't that great. You will get better with time, but for now it seems like you're following some online tutorials to the tee, especially this one http://i961.photobucket.com/albums/ae96 … PIC-3.png. I don't see any creativity here, just copy and paste of designs and not so impressive photography. I understand you didn't take the shots yourself but they are part of the design and they will be critiqued as well. Honestly the photography alone makes me blind to the rest of the design. But I'm a photographer so that's the first thing I look at.

lol, wow....ok, i dont follow any tutorials, i know how to use photoshop fairly well. as far as u guys being polite ....i don't see that at all. if anything u guys are really into yourselves & your "photography"..... which is fine because i love what i do too.., but I didn't join this site to sell anything nor to have some photographer tell me I'm in the wrong place, when in fact he's a graphic designer as well.. Look, my partner just start taking pictures... i edit them and they look a million times better after. i don't need u guys to tell me that because i see it...and so does the model.... if u guys cant see what i've done to make them better than u guys are blind. or ignorant. simple as that. it was not so much of a pleasure sharing my touch ups with u guys lol....

and for the guy who said my logo is ok.... thats fine with me. i didn't ask your opinion i love my logo... in addition my clients love every logo/design i make...i have high quality graphics. my graphics are just as good if not better than most of your photography... #enough said.

Mar 07 12 08:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lawrence Christopher
Posts: 1,398
Milwaukie, Oregon, US


http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/061/294/1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg?1279885294
Mar 07 12 09:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FotoMark
Posts: 2,978
Oxnard, California, US


JamasEnt wrote:
are u serious? can i just get some feedback?

Ok I like the postprocessing on the second one. The rest are not portfolio or advertisement worthy. The B&W looks like you just converted to grey scale, the model's lips are too washed out. The bubbly one, it needs a little more work, I am not quite sold on it. The last one I won't talk about.

Mar 08 12 12:30 am  Link  Quote 
Digital Artist
Andreea Cernestean
Posts: 495
Baia Mare, Maramure┼č, Romania


I don't think you can really call that a manipulation. It's a very basic background replacement with a few brushes on top.
A manipulation is about using different images to create an entirely new look and concept.
Mar 08 12 06:19 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Matt Schmidt
Posts: 3,677
Greensboro, North Carolina, US


Feedback: (IMO)

An image should lend itself to the treatments (editing) you have in mind.  Images shown have barely first semester Photoshop skill sets . . . as displayed.

I see miss matching going on as well as a lack of advertising foresight.

Using Photoshop fairly well is vastly different than an artist actually producing good works with it.

Look into YouTube . . . Photoshop tutorials are free, diverse, quick and effective.

Keep trying and learning,  Good Luck.
Mar 08 12 06:28 am  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Phylicia Haartje
Posts: 259
Indianapolis, Indiana, US


JamasEnt wrote:
Look, my partner just start taking pictures... i edit them and they look a million times better after. i don't need u guys to tell me that because i see it...and so does the model.... if u guys cant see what i've done to make them better than u guys are blind. or ignorant. simple as that. it was not so much of a pleasure sharing my touch ups with u guys lol....

and for the guy who said my logo is ok.... thats fine with me. i didn't ask your opinion i love my logo...

What exactly was the purpose of posting in this forum?
This is a critique forum, my friend. You asked for opinions and that is what you got. If you can't handle critique, then don't ask for it.

People are giving you honest, polite feedback. It seems like you are just looking for praise. Make an album on Facebook and share it with your friends if that's what you want. MM may not be the place for you.

Mar 11 12 03:06 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Elise Copeland
Posts: 141
Tulare, California, US


Phylicia Haartje wrote:

What exactly was the purpose of posting in this forum?
This is a critique forum, my friend. You asked for opinions and that is what you got. If you can't handle critique, then don't ask for it.

People are giving you honest, polite feedback. It seems like you are just looking for praise. Make an album on Facebook and share it with your friends if that's what you want. MM may not be the place for you.

This^^ +1,000,000,000!

Mar 11 12 04:42 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Robert LC
Posts: 944
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


JamasEnt wrote:
[..]but I didn't join this site to sell anything nor to have some photographer tell me I'm in the wrong place, when in fact he's a graphic designer as well.. Look, my partner just start taking pictures... i edit them and they look a million times better after. i don't need u guys to tell me that because i see it...and so does the model.... if u guys cant see what i've done to make them better than u guys are blind. or ignorant. simple as that.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
Bertrand Russell

Mar 11 12 05:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Retoucher
Robert LC
Posts: 944
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands


Phylicia Haartje wrote:
[..]
This is a critique forum, my friend. You asked for opinions and that is what you got. If you can't handle critique, then don't ask for it.
Phylicia Haartje wrote:
It seems like you are just looking for praise. Make an album on Facebook and share it with your friends if that's what you want. MM may not be the place for you.

This
End of thread big_smile

Mar 11 12 05:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Pink Debris
Posts: 269
Oceanside, California, US


Christopher Murr wrote:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/061/294/1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg?1279885294

LOL! i dieee. ooh i diee.

May 29 12 01:27 pm  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers