login info join!
Forums > General Industry > 'Pawn Stars' Olivia Black fired for SG photos Search   Reply
first123
Photographer
Hero Foto
Posts: 878
Phoenix, Arizona, US


Dec 23 12 06:26 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Dan K Photography
Posts: 5,466
STATEN ISLAND, New York, US


PDF IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
and ironically "pawn stars" is filmed in Las Vegas isn't prostitution legal there ?

Nope

Dec 23 12 06:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shot By Adam
Posts: 5,840
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Hero Foto wrote:
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 … y-job-back

Jeez I just hate shitty, sensationalistic reporting. The headline of that stupid article was:

‘I Want My Job Back!’ Olivia Black Breaks Her Silence After Being Fired From Pawn Stars For Raunchy Past

And, of course, later in the article it actually states that, "“I do not know why I was fired from the show" and "Olivia said they wouldn’t give her a reason why she was fired..." So again, for all we know, she was really fired because she was rude to a customer. Nobody knows, but that doesn't mean she's not trying to milk this like a fat cow.

But I'm so glad to learn that Suicide Girls has reached out to her and that she's going to shoot for them again. Wow, that's so nice of them, those scum sucking leaches.

Dec 23 12 08:00 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Photos by Lorrin
Posts: 6,984
Eugene, Oregon, US


Shot By Adam wrote:

Jeez I just hate shitty, sensationalistic reporting. The headline of that stupid article was:

‘I Want My Job Back!’ Olivia Black Breaks Her Silence After Being Fired From Pawn Stars For Raunchy Past

And, of course, later in the article it actually states that, "“I do not know why I was fired from the show" and "Olivia said they wouldn’t give her a reason why she was fired..." So again, for all we know, she was really fired because she was rude to a customer. Nobody knows, but that doesn't mean she's not trying to milk this like a fat cow.

But I'm so glad to learn that Suicide Girls has reached out to her and that she's going to shoot for them again. Wow, that's so nice of them, those scum sucking leaches.

That is what happens when you pick a employee for ratings and do not do you home work or check out audience reaction.

Check out Cajun Pawn - much nicer people - they treat people right

Dec 23 12 08:11 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Photographer
Robb Mann
Posts: 10,524
Baltimore, Maryland, US


PDF IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
and ironically "pawn stars" is filmed in Las Vegas isn't prostitution legal there ?

Dan K Photography wrote:
Nope

Correct. Not legal anywhere in Clark County, done in an effort to control crime and promote a 'family friendly' image for the Las Vegas Strip. Just like when NYC outlawed porn dealers and peep shows from Times Sq under Mayor Gulliani.

Dec 24 12 04:05 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shot By Adam
Posts: 5,840
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


Robb Mann wrote:

PDF IMAGES PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:
and ironically "pawn stars" is filmed in Las Vegas isn't prostitution legal there ?

Correct. Not legal anywhere in Clark County, done in an effort to control crime and promote a 'family friendly' image for the Las Vegas Strip. Just like when NYC outlawed porn dealers and peep shows from Times Sq under Mayor Gulliani.

Not really. Our previous mayor, Oscar Goodman, floated the idea several times about legalizing and taxing prostitution in Las Vegas and the citizenry here pitched a fit. Why, I have no idea, but I guess the yokels have no clue just how common it really is in the county.

Dec 24 12 08:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
LA StarShooter
Posts: 1,851
Los Angeles, California, US


udor wrote:

The funny thing is that the American Taliban (extreme right fundamental born again Christians) will always deny that they are the same or extremely similar as their Islamic counterparts...

We don't have an American Taliban and you're trivalising the barbaric acts that have resulted in the attempted assassination of a school girl in Pakistan and the atrocities of its past occupations of Swat. The Taliban doesn't believe that girls should go to school. http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2012 … an-mingora

Azal Gumar Khan, a government leader was assassinated in Swat last year. Before the Pakistani military attacked the Taliban in 2009 the Taliban had imposed in Swat the death penalty for barbers. That's right: barbers. When the government of Pakistan changed the agreement about the application of Sharia law to Swat to include an appeal to the Supreme Court of Pakistan. This led to the second war of Swat.

On youtube you can watch them flog girls, execute civilians and just terrorise the people of Swat.

If we had an equivalent of the Taliban here, they would have occupied a region, executed many civilians. Beaten and beheaded people.  We don't.

Dec 24 12 12:26 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
rp_photo
Posts: 42,492
Houston, Texas, US


LA StarShooter wrote:
If we had an equivalent of the Taliban here, they would have occupied a region, executed many civilians. Beaten and beheaded people.  We don't.

The Ku Klux Klan is our closest equivalent.

Dec 24 12 01:08 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Zack Zoll
Posts: 2,565
Glens Falls, New York, US


TomFRohwer wrote:

According to the spectrum of erotic and adult content...

If you label Suicide Girls "porn" you will run out of sufficient labels for those 90 percent of adult material which is more explicit or "harder" than SG...

I didn't realize that we needed to grade porn based on type.  I always figured it was hardcore (penetration shown) softcore (no penetration shown), or not porn at all.  But apparently we're using a scale now?  News to me.

Either way, SG is very clearly porn.  The site exists for the sole purpose of showing boobs and vaginas.  Well, labias to be more correct.  We're not exactly talking about 'nude reclining' here ... it's pretty obvious that you're supposed to be looking at her mommy parts.  That's porn.

The other thing that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet is the awful SG contract.  Now I haven't seen one of their contracts in a couple years, but the last one I read had some awful vague wording about how a model's likeness could not be used for any other even remotely similar purposes.  The wording did not spell out what 'similar' was, and implied that even posting modeling photos on social media sites might potentially be grounds for legal action.

There is the possibility that SG had their lawyers send a letter to Pawn Stars stating that since Olivia's likeness was being used to promote the business, this was grounds for a lawsuit.  If she was a mediocre employee, there is zero reason to keep 'the hot chick' on payroll if you can't legally let everyone know that you have a hot chick working there.  Pawn Stars would probably win if the case went to court, but who wants to pay a bunch of legal fees to keep on an employee that doesn't perform well?

It makes sense that you wouldn't hear about this.  Since Pawn Stars didn't *necessarily* need to fire Olivia, management probably wouldn't have said anything about any letters from SG, as it may open them up to a wrongful termination lawsuit.  Which they would most certainly win, but again - legal fees.

So it's very possible that what you're reading is actually true, and it's just in Pawn Stars' best interests to keep their mouths shut about it.

Dec 24 12 01:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Walberg
Posts: 42,715
Salinas, California, US


Moore Photo Graphix wrote:
Thanks the info! Sounds like a PR stunt by the show's producer to generate more ratings! Reminds me of quote from the film Tomorrow Never Dies: "They'll print anything these days!"

Do you know that Olivia is getting so much promo from just having been on Pawn Stars that it wouldn't surprise me if this was a publicity stunt done for her benefit?   Like I said many times before, "One door will close, while another opens."   

Here is her Facebook page;  http://www.facebook.com/missoliviablack?fref=ts   As far as I can tell, she is in the process or has already moved to LA where she is taking up modeling again.  She has been posting a lot of pictures lately too.  I'm picky about models who have tattoos ... I either like them or I don't depending on the tats.   I happen to like Olivia's tattoos, she also has a nice body, and I like how she face is very attractive with or without her glasses.  Suicide Girls or not, I would be thrilled to shoot with her!  I think she is going to do just fine without Pawn Stars!

Dec 24 12 03:27 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Walberg
Posts: 42,715
Salinas, California, US


altSWANK wrote:
Whatever the reason, she's going to make out like a bandit after this.

Even I'm considering contacting her for a shoot when I go to Vegas on business. smile

The latest is that you might have to go to LA to shoot with her.

Dec 24 12 03:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Walberg
Posts: 42,715
Salinas, California, US


Zack Zoll wrote:
I didn't realize that we needed to grade porn based on type.  I always figured it was hardcore (penetration shown) softcore (no penetration shown), or not porn at all.  But apparently we're using a scale now?  News to me.

Either way, SG is very clearly porn.  The site exists for the sole purpose of showing boobs and vaginas.  Well, labias to be more correct.  We're not exactly talking about 'nude reclining' here ... it's pretty obvious that you're supposed to be looking at her mommy parts.  That's porn.

The other thing that I'm surprised no one has mentioned yet is the awful SG contract.  Now I haven't seen one of their contracts in a couple years, but the last one I read had some awful vague wording about how a model's likeness could not be used for any other even remotely similar purposes.  The wording did not spell out what 'similar' was, and implied that even posting modeling photos on social media sites might potentially be grounds for legal action.

There is the possibility that SG had their lawyers send a letter to Pawn Stars stating that since Olivia's likeness was being used to promote the business, this was grounds for a lawsuit.  If she was a mediocre employee, there is zero reason to keep 'the hot chick' on payroll if you can't legally let everyone know that you have a hot chick working there.  Pawn Stars would probably win if the case went to court, but who wants to pay a bunch of legal fees to keep on an employee that doesn't perform well?

It makes sense that you wouldn't hear about this.  Since Pawn Stars didn't *necessarily* need to fire Olivia, management probably wouldn't have said anything about any letters from SG, as it may open them up to a wrongful termination lawsuit.  Which they would most certainly win, but again - legal fees.

So it's very possible that what you're reading is actually true, and it's just in Pawn Stars' best interests to keep their mouths shut about it.

That's a whole lot to say in one comment there!  People talk about SG and it becomes more important as in getting more publicity.  Is SG porn or not?  Most would say it is, but to me, it's soft porn at best.  After all, they took their "show" on the road.  Olivia "fired" for being a SG girl?  Yeah, right!  LOL

American Pickers has a tattoo'd beauty that gets lots of camera time.  The one who runs the shop for AP is "Dani" who is a burlesque dancer, and she is also married.  I didn't know those things about her until later.  I also didn't know much about Olivia either until her appearance on PS.  I think Pawn Stars hired Olivia thinking they'd get some of the crowd that likes Danielle from Pickers.  But then they sure didn't give Olivia much camera time if that was their intention.   It's hard to say what really goes on behind the scenes unless you are directly involved in the production of the show.  Who knows?  There might even be plans for a spin off show using Olivia as the star?  Maybe?  Who knows!  At least I know she is available for modeling again.

Dec 24 12 03:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
HalfMoonColorado
Posts: 765
Greenwood Village, Colorado, US


In order to be on any show there are a ton of things you must agree to or tell about previous things. I was on a game show once and the contract was very long just to appear.

Part of that is to protect the producers and the network but as anything else it can be turned around to fit their needs. If she was being a problem cast member then it is a perfect way to get rid of her. Maybe she wanted more money. Could be as simple as she just wasn't drawing the attention they wanted. The connection with Chumley was interesting at first but even his character has changed dramatically in the past few months.

Aside from a couple "professionals" they call in once in a while to help appraise the value of something there really isn't any other female. Has anyone ever heard of their wives, mothers, girl friends, etc?
Dec 27 12 09:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Vito
Posts: 4,173
Brooklyn, New York, US


Did anyone read that last article? She was fired from the show, not the store. Rick called her and told her that. It also seems that that was more important to her (working at the shop).
Dec 29 12 06:12 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Walberg
Posts: 42,715
Salinas, California, US


Vito wrote:
Did anyone read that last article? She was fired from the show, not the store. Rick called her and told her that. It also seems that that was more important to her (working at the shop).

I really don't think she has too much to worry about.  From what I can see ... Suicide Girls has reached out to her as she has already posed for recent sets for them.  She is doing promotional work for SG as well.  Not only that, but she is launching her own solo website in the New Year.   Olivia is smart!  She is using this as a marketing opportunity!  Do you really think they "fired" her because of SG?  I don't!

I think that what really created the buzz is the question;  Do women who were former models for Suicide Girls really get fired from a Pawn Shop on the Vegas strip???  Come on!  You see all the tattoos on the guys on that show?   How much would you bet that they already knew she was a Suicide Girl before they hired her?

Have you watched American Pickers?  They have Danielle Colby Cushman, who has about as many or more tattoos, and is a burlesque dance troupe leader.  I think Pawn Stars was banking on having Olivia as a comparable character on their show.  There really are only a few minor differences between the two ... Danni hasn't appeared nude on a website, and she is married.  http://www.facebook.com/daniellecolby.americanpicker

Dec 29 12 01:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Art Silva
Posts: 9,422
Santa Barbara, California, US


That does raise a good question. I mean seriously, she was most likely a draw for the shop. It's not like people totally went in for the artists. By evidence of most ink work done out there, tattoo shops are as abundant as Starbucks these days in most cities. Kind of like me going into a local coffee house Not for the coffee but because hot chicks work there.

wink
Dec 30 12 10:30 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
DeeEight
Posts: 104
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada


You can tell REAL reality shows from scripted ones by whether or not you see blurred out faces. On a scripted show, you never see this because everyone has signed a waiver to be there when they're shooting. On REAL shows... like cops or alaskan state troopers or border wars (canadian show, about the Canada border & customs service) and so on, you see blurred images on basically every episode. Why? Because people caught doing crap that's illegally generally don't want to sign away any rights they might have, just to appear on tv. Although on one episode of Alaskan troopers, the suspect being arrested did say "can I get a copy of the episode this goes into?" and "hi mom!".
Jan 07 13 12:03 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
hillary model
Posts: 13
Miami, Florida, US


It's unfortunate that she was fired. What's past is past.
Jan 07 13 12:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
EdwardKristopher
Posts: 3,377
Tempe, Arizona, US


Wynd Mulysa wrote:
So you need to be wholesome to work at a pawn shop now?!

And also.. It's kind of ironic.  Pawn Stars.

+1

Jan 08 13 10:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
FYH Photography
Posts: 460
Santa Clara, California, US


Sleepy Weasel wrote:

Patrick Walberg wrote:
It's funny that it is FOX NEWS reporting this as if ... she did something terrible in the past?

Why does everyone have to pull Fox News into everything? I saw this story reported on at least 20 other web sites before Fox News picked it up. Geezus.

Because when you're obsessed about bashing someone/something, you find a way.  So if CNN reports it, it's news, if Fox says the exact same thing "it's garbage".   I see this knee jerk insulting go on all the time.

Jan 15 13 01:17 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Walberg
Posts: 42,715
Salinas, California, US


FYH Photography wrote:
Because when you're obsessed about bashing someone/something, you find a way.  So if CNN reports it, it's news, if Fox says the exact same thing "it's garbage".   I see this knee jerk insulting go on all the time.

This has nothing to do with politics.  I don't give a damn what news source reported this so called "news" ... I did NOT insult FOX or any other news network.  I wrote "as if she did something wrong" and I can expand on this simply by stating that FOX was not the only one reporting on Olivia Black's job situation as if she had done something terribly wrong by having modeled for Suicide Girls.  NONE of the news networks got it right, and actually it's a "non news" story that has helped her get more publicity as she goes back to modeling for Suicide Girls. 

I'm glad she is doing well, and look forward to shooting with her someday.  Olivia Black used to have a modelmayhem account.  wink

My question to you and others ... do you consider Suicide Girls "porn" or not?  The media seems to thing it is.

Jan 15 13 03:23 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Patrick Walberg
Posts: 42,715
Salinas, California, US


Vito wrote:
Did anyone read that last article? She was fired from the show, not the store. Rick called her and told her that. It also seems that that was more important to her (working at the shop).

Who knows?  Maybe she is going to get a spin off show?  Or be the new judge on X-Factor since Brittney is leaving?  I'm sure Olivia is going to do just fine.

Jan 15 13 03:30 am  Link  Quote 
first123   Search   Reply