login info join!
Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Stuck in Michigan Search   Reply
12last
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


Ugh. My flight out was supposed to be this morning, but there was a f&&& up, and now i'm not going out until 6pm tomorrow night ! Bleh, even though all my family is here, blah.

Going to head out to Holland for a while, and can now do a fancy dinner with mom, i suppose.

I just want to go home. ;( I never thought I'd miss it as much as I do, in all honesty.
Dec 26 12 04:44 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPRINGHEEL
Posts: 38,101
Gibraltar, Michigan, US


Michigan sucks
Dec 26 12 05:10 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


SPRINGHEEL  wrote:
Michigan sucks

tongue

I loved growing up here- so I wouldn't say *sucks* but I am honestly homesick. MA is like the perfect place for me- i was looking forward to getting in early in the morning, cuddling with my guinea pigs, going out for some local birding - then loading on some of the fucking fantastic shots I took while I was here.

Now everything's delayed a day, i'll be too tired to cuddle anyone when I get home, and it'll be dark !

It's a bit of a trauma to go to the airport, try to check in, and get told they have no flights what so ever on file for you, and that everything is sold out- to change to the flight I was originally supposed to be on was $867.

*Sigh*

The really nice guy at the car place, bless him, was very sweet and isn't going to charge me for an extra day to hold onto the car. Since i had it for a 6 day period all I have to do is pay tax (4.94) which made the way a ton better. I can't sleep, so trolling around on here instead.

Dec 26 12 05:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPRINGHEEL
Posts: 38,101
Gibraltar, Michigan, US


SPierce Photography wrote:
tongue

I loved growing up here- so I wouldn't say *sucks* but I am honestly homesick. MA is like the perfect place for me- i was looking forward to getting in early in the morning, cuddling with my guinea pigs, going out for some local birding - then loading on some of the fucking fantastic shots I took while I was here.

Now everything's delayed a day, i'll be too tired to cuddle anyone when I get home, and it'll be dark !

It's a bit of a trauma to go to the airport, try to check in, and get told they have no flights what so ever on file for you, and that everything is sold out- to change to the flight I was originally supposed to be on was $867.

*Sigh*

The really nice guy at the car place, bless him, was very sweet and isn't going to charge me for an extra day to hold onto the car. Since i had it for a 6 day period all I have to do is pay tax (4.94) which made the way a ton better. I can't sleep, so trolling around on here instead.

Truth be told, I love it here and would probably never live anywhere else.

I just like to remind people who visit that I live here


That sucks about the ticket

Dec 26 12 05:22 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


SPRINGHEEL  wrote:
Truth be told, I love it here and would probably never live anywhere else.

I just like to remind people who visit that I live here


That sucks about the ticket

Understood; I grew up/lived here for 21 years. Both mom, dad, and my entire family live here.  Michigan always has a special place in my heart - but BTown feels like home ! It makes me happy, it's as perfect a place for me as it gets, right now.

I was originally getting ready to break down and cry at the airport, stress mostly, but i'm going to enjoy and rock out the rest of my trip- sent a message to a model friend to see if she wanted to shoot again too !

Quick, drive this way and meet me at the beach wink

Dec 26 12 05:25 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPRINGHEEL
Posts: 38,101
Gibraltar, Michigan, US


SPierce Photography wrote:

Understood; I grew up/lived here for 21 years. Both mom, dad, and my entire family live here.  Michigan always has a special place in my heart - but BTown feels like home ! It makes me happy, it's as perfect a place for me as it gets, right now.

Quick, drive this way and meet me at the beach wink

Doesn't matter where it is; if a person finds their perfect place, they are a lucky person.


The beach?  Lemme see if I can find my thong

Dec 26 12 05:27 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


SPRINGHEEL  wrote:

Doesn't matter where it is; if a person finds their perfect place, they are a lucky person.


The beach?  Lemme see if I can find my thong

Might be a bit cold big_smile wink tongue

and yeah... i got so lucky with my roommate (very close friend), the models out there, my friends, the rangers at my local state reservoir park that keep a close eye out on me "just in case" something happens, my studio landlord, and my roommates parents have been very supportive.

Dec 26 12 05:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPRINGHEEL
Posts: 38,101
Gibraltar, Michigan, US


SPierce Photography wrote:

Might be a bit cold big_smile wink tongue

and yeah... i got so lucky with my roommate (very close friend), the models out there, my friends, the rangers at my local state reservoir park that keep a close eye out on me "just in case" something happens, my studio landlord, and my roommates parents have been very supportive.

Everything about me is hot so no worries


Thats wonderful that you have that

Dec 26 12 05:41 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


SPRINGHEEL  wrote:

Everything about me is hot so no worries


Thats wonderful that you have that

I'll make extra sure to bring my camera, then big_smile Will get some hotness shots !

and thanks. I hope everyone finds the same thing I did. I'm a lot calmer now and not as upset.

Dec 26 12 05:51 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Fergy
Posts: 22,336
Fenton, Michigan, US


SPRINGHEEL  wrote:

Doesn't matter where it is; if a person finds their perfect place, they are a lucky person.


The beach?  Lemme see if I can find my thong

O.o  What color is your thong?

big_smile

Dec 26 12 06:49 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Fergy
Posts: 22,336
Fenton, Michigan, US


SPierce Photography wrote:
Ugh. My flight out was supposed to be this morning, but there was a f&&& up, and now i'm not going out until 6pm tomorrow night ! Bleh, even though all my family is here, blah.

Going to head out to Holland for a while, and can now do a fancy dinner with mom, i suppose.

I just want to go home. ;( I never thought I'd miss it as much as I do, in all honesty.

A lot of flights are canceled because of the snow storm.  You will be lucky if you get out tomorrow, the storm is heading east.  You may want to check the weather reports for your area.

Dec 26 12 06:51 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,730
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


SPierce Photography wrote:
Stuck in Michigan

take care.
The local population is scary

Look around

Dec 26 12 06:54 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPRINGHEEL
Posts: 38,101
Gibraltar, Michigan, US


Fergy wrote:

O.o  What color is your thong?

big_smile

Oh, like you don't know

Dec 26 12 08:13 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Koryn
Posts: 35,832
Boston, Massachusetts, US


I got stuck in Washington DC area a couple years ago, because it came a really bad snow storm. Flight got cancelled. That was a long, terrible day.

I miss traveling sometimes, but I do NOT miss dealing with airport bullshit

I remember wondering if it was all a conspiracy to get stuck people to buy overpriced bags of cashews, and magazines with really dumb articles about finding your man's "epic pleasure peak."
Dec 26 12 08:27 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Eye of Sicari
Posts: 36,877
Toledo, Ohio, US


SPRINGHEEL  wrote:
Michigan sucks

so that's why I feel that pull north!

Dec 26 12 09:46 am  Link  Quote 
guide forum
Model
Sha-Lynne
Posts: 22,680
Las Vegas, Nevada, US


SPierce Photography wrote:

tongue

I loved growing up here- so I wouldn't say *sucks* but I am honestly homesick. MA is like the perfect place for me- i was looking forward to getting in early in the morning, cuddling with my guinea pigs, going out for some local birding - then loading on some of the fucking fantastic shots I took while I was here.

Now everything's delayed a day, i'll be too tired to cuddle anyone when I get home, and it'll be dark !

It's a bit of a trauma to go to the airport, try to check in, and get told they have no flights what so ever on file for you, and that everything is sold out- to change to the flight I was originally supposed to be on was $867.

*Sigh*

The really nice guy at the car place, bless him, was very sweet and isn't going to charge me for an extra day to hold onto the car. Since i had it for a 6 day period all I have to do is pay tax (4.94) which made the way a ton better. I can't sleep, so trolling around on here instead.

How can that even be possible?  If you paid for a ticket but they screwed up and didn't book the flight, shouldn't they pay the difference?

Dec 26 12 10:35 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


Sha-Lynne wrote:
How can that even be possible?  If you paid for a ticket but they screwed up and didn't book the flight, shouldn't they pay the difference?

I wish ! it's a he said she said. The website was being weird that day, i didn't notice the year change, god knows. I should have known something was weird when I didn't get an email confirmation from either reservation

I'm hoping the snow storm goes around us, otherwise i'm getting stuck in Newark tomorrow night-- all I wanna do is go home !

Normally i don't have any traveling issues at all, but this entire trip flight wise has been a nightmare. Stuck in Cleveland for 5 hours on the way over, and this nuthouse on the way back. At least I was able to get a lovely shot of an American Kestrel today, so tthe extra day was worth it !

Dec 26 12 12:07 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Fergy
Posts: 22,336
Fenton, Michigan, US


SPierce Photography wrote:
At least I was able to get a lovely shot of an American Kestrel today, so tthe extra day was worth it !

A wildlife place I am friends with on FB has one in with a broken wing.  They are SO beautiful!!

The nature center by Jen's house had one that would try to share his mouse with you.  The lady said he only did it to certain people, I was talking to him and he grabbed his mouse and brought it to the front of his cage.  I looked at it funny and she laughed and told me what he was trying to do.  lol  I said, No thanks dude.  lol 

I have been waiting to get one in to our rehab, no such luck.  Hawks, owls and other birds yes....Kestrel no.

Dec 26 12 09:15 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Fergy
Posts: 22,336
Fenton, Michigan, US


SPRINGHEEL  wrote:

Oh, like you don't know

*wiggles eyebrows*  Tell me again...I want to see it in my mind again.  tongue

Dec 26 12 09:16 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jerry Nemeth
Posts: 26,927
Dearborn, Michigan, US


Fergy wrote:

*wiggles eyebrows*  Tell me again...I want to see it in my mind again.  tongue

I don't think that you want to see it in your mind!   big_smile

Dec 26 12 09:22 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
-Jen-
Posts: 46,812
Howell, Michigan, US


SPierce Photography wrote:

Understood; I grew up/lived here for 21 years. Both mom, dad, and my entire family live here.  Michigan always has a special place in my heart - but BTown feels like home ! It makes me happy, it's as perfect a place for me as it gets, right now.

I was originally getting ready to break down and cry at the airport, stress mostly, but i'm going to enjoy and rock out the rest of my trip- sent a message to a model friend to see if she wanted to shoot again too !

Quick, drive this way and meet me at the beach wink

In Michigan and I didnt know!?  tongue

Dec 26 12 09:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


Fergy wrote:

SPierce Photography wrote:
At least I was able to get a lovely shot of an American Kestrel today, so tthe extra day was worth it !

A wildlife place I am friends with on FB has one in with a broken wing.  They are SO beautiful!!

The nature center by Jen's house had one that would try to share his mouse with you.  The lady said he only did it to certain people, I was talking to him and he grabbed his mouse and brought it to the front of his cage.  I looked at it funny and she laughed and told me what he was trying to do.  lol  I said, No thanks dude.  lol 

I have been waiting to get one in to our rehab, no such luck.  Hawks, owls and other birds yes....Kestrel no.

They are amazingly beautiful. After 2 hours of driving, and 9 kestrels, I finally got one to stay still long enough for a photo ! That's so sweet that he tried to give you some of his mouse- obviously he likes you !!

i'm still jealous of you, though. I love owls, they're absolutely amazing. Maybe i'll look round and see if there's a wildlife rehab by my house. Would love to see one in the wild, for real, though. Owls are the one thing i've always heard, but never seen. i have a feeling I know where a few of them live, but i hadn't ever wanted to go bother them in their territory. maybe i'll go peek, anwyay...

-Jen- wrote:

In Michigan and I didnt know!?  tongue

indeed! I was back for the holidays, mostly to see my parents- so little to no free time... until my flight screw up yesterday, and that was the end of that.

Leaving at 6pm tonight, looks like there won't be snow, but rain instead, so I should have no problems getting out, thank goodness ! I feel bad for everyone that got stuck yesterday, though. I have a feeling i would have gotten caught up, too.

Dec 27 12 05:57 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Fergy
Posts: 22,336
Fenton, Michigan, US


SPierce Photography wrote:

They are amazingly beautiful. After 2 hours of driving, and 9 kestrels, I finally got one to stay still long enough for a photo ! That's so sweet that he tried to give you some of his mouse- obviously he likes you !!

i'm still jealous of you, though. I love owls, they're absolutely amazing. Maybe i'll look round and see if there's a wildlife rehab by my house. Would love to see one in the wild, for real, though. Owls are the one thing i've always heard, but never seen. i have a feeling I know where a few of them live, but i hadn't ever wanted to go bother them in their territory. maybe i'll go peek, anwyay...

The nature center here has Owl nights where you can see the owls/hear them.  Check around you there has to be something in your area! 

We had an juvenile Eastern Screech owl in our garage quite a few years ago.  I was so excited I almost peed myself!  I was trying to get video of him and I was shaking I was so excited!  They are beautiful!

Dec 27 12 08:50 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


Fergy wrote:

The nature center here has Owl nights where you can see the owls/hear them.  Check around you there has to be something in your area! 

We had an juvenile Eastern Screech owl in our garage quite a few years ago.  I was so excited I almost peed myself!  I was trying to get video of him and I was shaking I was so excited!  They are beautiful!

lol I freaking love Owl Prowls ! I'm trying to convince my local reservoir (not associated with Mass Audubon) to get some birding tours going. Usually when there's a rare bird in the area, it settles down into the swamp, right next to the quabbin (state park). I KNOW they have all sorts of cool shit going on in there at night, but the gates close when it gets dark. I'm working on it big_smile The closest audubon park is about 50 minutes out... ugh.

And pic, pic ;D

Dec 27 12 10:39 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Frozen Moments Photo
Posts: 1,297
Monroe, Michigan, US


SPierce Photography wrote:
lol I freaking love Owl Prowls ! I'm trying to convince my local reservoir (not associated with Mass Audubon) to get some birding tours going. Usually when there's a rare bird in the area, it settles down into the swamp, right next to the quabbin (state park). I KNOW they have all sorts of cool shit going on in there at night, but the gates close when it gets dark. I'm working on it big_smile The closest audubon park is about 50 minutes out... ugh.

And pic, pic ;D

Since you love owls, maybe you should have extended your stay here a little. There have been sightings of a Snowy Owl about an hour north of me in the same area I shot one last year. I was able to get within 30 feet of him the last time.

Dec 27 12 01:02 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


SPRINGHEEL  wrote:
Michigan sucks

Funny, I always thought it blowed, which is how I ended up in the southwest.  lol

Dec 27 12 01:04 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,730
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v399/scrymettet/isa/DVA_00007.jpg
Dec 27 12 01:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Fergy
Posts: 22,336
Fenton, Michigan, US


Here is the Great Horned Owl that came into the rehab.  He was emaciated- I wanted to see him, this is what I saw when I opened up the box. lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Jaimie/IMGP1358.jpg

Here is the Eastern Screech that was in the garage.  He made this face when the dogs were in the garage. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Jaimie/IMG_0160.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Jaimie/IMG_0183.jpg

I can't find the video, I think its on my old computer.
Dec 27 12 03:46 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


Frozen Moments Photo wrote:

Since you love owls, maybe you should have extended your stay here a little. There have been sightings of a Snowy Owl about an hour north of me in the same area I shot one last year. I was able to get within 30 feet of him the last time.

Another birder and I actually looked for Owls this trip- I stopped by the sighting place 3 times during my trip, in the AM and sometimes in the PM too. no owls for me !! I ended up with a bunch of Kestrels instead, which is a lifer, so I guess it kinda counts....

Scry- SO Pretty!

Fergy- OMG it's so cute ! I'm jealous. Wish an owl should show up here too ! We went to the Kellogg bird sanctuary, and saw the caged owls there.. we'd walk by, one would be in his box, then look back and the owl was peeking around the side of the box at us lol It was adorable. A great horned i think.

Dec 28 12 05:52 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Frozen Moments Photo
Posts: 1,297
Monroe, Michigan, US


SPierce Photography wrote:
Another birder and I actually looked for Owls this trip- I stopped by the sighting place 3 times during my trip, in the AM and sometimes in the PM too. no owls for me !! I ended up with a bunch of Kestrels instead, which is a lifer, so I guess it kinda counts....

Must be that you were on the wrong side of the state big_smile

This guy was on top of a boathouse next to a marina. I had always thought the only way I was ever going to see one is by going deep into Canada. That was until they had an irruption year last year.
http://tinyurl.com/cac9bxd

Dec 28 12 07:51 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Fergy
Posts: 22,336
Fenton, Michigan, US


The snowy owl is BEAUTIFUL!!!
Dec 28 12 07:59 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
David Weiss
Posts: 7,130
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, US


Back in the 70's we used to have snowy owls hanging around every winter.  We'd pick up fresh roadkill for them.
Dec 28 12 10:29 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Cosplay Creatives
Posts: 10,714
Amundsen-Scott - permanent station of the US, Unclaimed Sector, Antarctica


Nice Owl big_smile
Dec 28 12 11:03 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Caradoc
Posts: 19,525
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


SPierce Photography wrote:
I wish ! it's a he said she said. The website was being weird that day, i didn't notice the year change, god knows. I should have known something was weird when I didn't get an email confirmation from either reservation

I tend to get really fucking irate when a website processes a transaction in the past... or more than a year in the future.

Dec 28 12 12:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


What a pretty owl big_smile So jealous!

Caradoc wrote:

I tend to get really fucking irate when a website processes a transaction in the past... or more than a year in the future.

and yeah, I was pretty ticked off. and confused- when I set the original dates, I can tell you- right off the bat- that I did NOT set it for 2013! *Sigh* oh well- what's done is done,t hough.

Dec 28 12 01:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,730
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


there was one hanging on a lamp post near Costco last year.
Dec 28 12 01:49 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Reflected
Posts: 16,045
New York, New York, US


scrymettet wrote:
there was one hanging on a lamp post near Costco last year.

Québécois big box hooker owl?

Dec 28 12 05:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
scrymettet
Posts: 31,730
Quebec, Quebec, Canada


Reflected wrote:

Québécois big box hooker owl?

sewer rats by pack of 12

Dec 28 12 05:38 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
SPierce Photography
Posts: 19,580
Amherst, Massachusetts, US


Why must owls elude me so? sad
Dec 28 12 05:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Reflected
Posts: 16,045
New York, New York, US


Reflected wrote:
Québécois big box hooker owl?
scrymettet wrote:
sewer rats by pack of 12

Now you're feeding the hooker owl? sewer rat on the dresser?

Dec 28 12 05:40 pm  Link  Quote 
12last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers