Forums > Model Colloquy > This girl is stealing pictures

Model

Kandyce Proia

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

http://www.tammyjean.com/

she is putting her face on other girls bodies....she is a theif...she stole some of my pics!

Sep 22 05 01:33 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Im interested!!

"Waves Hello"

Sep 22 05 01:35 am Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hugh  Jorgen wrote:
Im interested!!

"Waves Hello"

LMAO...you can be such an ass Hugh. I just love it.

Sep 22 05 02:38 am Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

which ones??? there's too many to go through...

Sep 22 05 02:58 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Now that was just plain wierd.

Sep 22 05 05:58 am Link

Model

xrety

Abbeville, Alabama, US

Why don't we have a right click enabled site so that won't happen????  Good Idea...yes, no?

Sep 22 05 06:03 am Link

Model

CarolineVictoria

Beverly Hills, California, US

OMG I would freak if someone stole my images!!!!!!!!

Sep 22 05 06:09 am Link

Photographer

Doug Harvey

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

aphrodisiac wrote:
Why don't we have a right click enabled site so that won't happen????  Good Idea...yes, no?

For several reasons...One, you can simple drag a pic from internet explorer into photoshop and bingo...Second, you can look at the cache for internet explorer and click on it and it will bring up the pic...That also holds true for OMP....

Basically, as has been stated a million times before...If someone wants a pic of you, they are going to get it...

Sep 22 05 06:12 am Link

Photographer

Dreams To Keep

Novi, Michigan, US

I've dealt with photo thieves on the net for years - pathetic people who want to show off for strangers and get a sad thrill out of the attention paid.

This may help reduce the incidence;  set up a new layer any of the photo manip programs that support that feature (Paint Shop Pro/ Photo Shop, etc).  Basically it is a watermark across your image.

Write your name across your photo on the new layer.  Fade the new layer until your name is a watermark and can be seen through.  Collapse all layers/ merge all layers.  Save and publish.

This will make it more difficult for someone to casually steal your work since it involves extra work to attempt to clean up your watermark.  Best of luck.

Sep 22 05 06:18 am Link

Model

Lady Atropos

Toledo, Ohio, US

Email her directly, and flat out confront. I have had the problem in the past, when I did so..they always took down the photos.

It helps also, if you gladly inform them your photog is procommercial with a lawyer behind his corporate identity who is more than happy to take things to the next level.

Sep 22 05 06:46 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

The site is no longer there sad

Sep 22 05 07:05 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Not sure the direction of this conversation but MM has decided not to impliment the right click feature at this time.

There have been many arguements on the subject and if you do a search on related words you will find many or if Brian Diaz is around then he can give you some links.

Argue if you want but for now it has been decided not to put that feature in.

Mhana moderator.

back to what ever you were talking about.

A link to a simple search but there are more out there.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/search.php? … ion=search

Sep 22 05 07:07 am Link

Photographer

Michael Gundelach

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Ty Simone wrote:
The site is no longer there sad

Wow - that was fast - eight hours ago the full site was still up...

Sep 22 05 07:08 am Link

Photographer

IVMPHOTO

Centreville, Alabama, US

aphrodisiac wrote:

Sorry but right click enabled site will only stop people from right clicking to save.

It will not protect from making a screenshot of the picture or from finding out where the file is on your server.

Sep 22 05 07:08 am Link

Model

Kharizma

Concord, California, US

even with a right click thingy, you can take images still off of sites. LOL. I tried it at omp and bingo I got some images off....lol..It is so easy. Very easy if you have access to a computer lol.. Nothing is safe on the web..nothing at all.

Sep 22 05 07:22 am Link

Photographer

Sienna Hambleton

Toledo, Ohio, US

Site is back up and she's got an image I took of another model up there. Okie . . . this girl's toast.

Sep 22 05 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Looks like the site's back down again...

Sep 22 05 10:35 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

Kharizma wrote:
even with a right click thingy, you can take images still off of sites. LOL. I tried it at omp and bingo I got some images off....lol..It is so easy. Very easy if you have access to a computer lol.. Nothing is safe on the web..nothing at all.

For the most part you are absolutely right. However, there is a method to prevent images from being taken, EVEN with Screen shots. The problem is the cost for such a system is high, and I do not think Tyler wants to spend that kind of money

Soon, I may have a cheaper version available that does not use proprietary technology (meaning you do not have to pay licensing fees to some big companies)

If it works, I will give it to Tyler for free.

Until then, Watermarks and hidden text are best

Sep 22 05 10:48 am Link

Model

Kandyce Proia

I had my attorney contact her...and because of all the posts i put up...several girls from modelmayhem have contacted her as well...the site has been, for now, removed!  I am taking legal action...

Sep 22 05 11:08 am Link

Photographer

SDPhoto

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Had a “photographerâ€? steal my pictures and load them up to his profile on MC where he was looking for ladies to do “Glamourâ€?.  Just reported him to MC and his profile disappeared.  It seems there are lots of scams going on out there...

Sep 22 05 11:13 am Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

I'm curious to know what the charges will be? *Impersonating an Internet Model* I don't mean that as a dig at you, but what more could be done, if she was hired and showed up to a set and she wasn't the girl in the pictures, then what?

If she had your personal information and was opening bank and credit cards in your name that's a different story. Maybe I'm too far to the left on this one.

Sep 22 05 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

Kharizma wrote:

*cough* So you blantently say in front of all these people that you steal photos off of "OMP"?

Well thats cool as long as its that site and not this one. Best of luck with that.

smile

Sep 22 05 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
I'm curious to know what the charges will be? *Impersonating an Internet Model* I don't mean that as a dig at you, but what more could be done, if she was hired and showed up to a set and she wasn't the girl in the pictures, then what?

If she had your personal information and was opening bank and credit cards in your name that's a different story. Maybe I'm too far to the left on this one.

It falls in the copyright and trademark infrigement area, and inpersonating someone. Federal crime i believe.

Sep 22 05 11:22 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Peter Dattolo wrote:
*cough* So you blantently say in front of all these people that you steal photos off of "OMP"?

Well thats cool as long as its that site and not this one. Best of luck with that.

smile

I do it, too. I "steal" pictures of me from photographers' pages and maliciously store them on my hard drive. Run me in.

Sep 22 05 11:43 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

theda wrote:
I do it, too. I "steal" pictures of me from photographers' pages and maliciously store them on my hard drive. Run me in.

They are your photos, thats not stealing. But for the sake of running behind you, lets say you stole them anyways.   smile

EDIT: Actualy i give my models that option if they want a photo for thier website and it saves them time, i tell them to take it off my page.

Sep 22 05 11:49 am Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

theda wrote:

Theda i think you took that too seriously, it was not meant to be serious. Maybe this will help:

*Bright light shining right in your eyes* So you blantently say in front of all these people that you steal photos off of ***?   *Turns light back onto the photo on the wall and plops down in the chair eating peanuts*......Well thats cool as long as its that site.

Does that sound better? Was not meant to be a serious reply to her comment.

Sep 22 05 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

MHana wrote:
There have been many arguements on the subject and if you do a search on related words you will find many or if Brian Diaz is around then he can give you some links.

It gets easier when I can just find the list I posted last time... smile

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=2072

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=3184

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=2141

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=10969

Sep 22 05 12:21 pm Link

Model

Ocean Jasper

Vatican City, Holy See, Vatican City

I have done a most thorough investigation and the oly thief I can find, is the time stealer who started this post and provides not a pixel of evidence for her megabyte claims.

The only purpose of this thread is to misdirect viewers into going to a bogus link so that they can read some ads.

If there is no evidence that the thread starter wants to present here, then this thread should be closed .

Sep 23 05 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

Dyanov wrote:
I have done a most thorough investigation and the oly thief I can find, is the time stealer who started this post and provides not a pixel of evidence for her megabyte claims.

The only purpose of this thread is to misdirect viewers into going to a bogus link so that they can read some ads.

If there is no evidence that the thread starter wants to present here, then this thread should be closed .

So cynical! If time is so valuable to you, I'd suggest getting off the forums.

Apparently you have not done THE most thorough investigation. There was a modeling site there, though no recent indexing of its content. Folks, go to the Wayback Machine. It's an archive of indexed pages from websites over the years.  Keep in mind that not all links will bring you to pages that are archived, some images may no longer exist and some take a long time to load.  Here are two links to indexed pages with images, one to images themselves and another to the Wayback machine link for that site.  Click on various links to find pages still archived.

http://web.archive.org/web/200303262312 … yjean.com/
http://web.archive.org/web/200211241939 … yjean.com/
(two of the indexed pages for her site)

http://web.archive.org/web/200107220355 … yjean.com/
(Looks like there may be a couple of flaky fakies on this page)

http://web.archive.org/web/200110311144 … igroup.jpg
(LOL!!! Definitely some fakes here!!!)

http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.tammyjean.com
(Main Wayback machine link for this site)

Who's your daddy?

Sep 23 05 10:44 am Link

Photographer

joe duerr

Santa Ana, California, US

Ty Simone wrote:

For the most part you are absolutely right. However, there is a method to prevent images from being taken, EVEN with Screen shots. The problem is the cost for such a system is high, and I do not think Tyler wants to spend that kind of money

Soon, I may have a cheaper version available that does not use proprietary technology (meaning you do not have to pay licensing fees to some big companies)

If it works, I will give it to Tyler for free.

Until then, Watermarks and hidden text are best

There is no way currently expensive or not to stop anyone from getting an image that can be displayed on their monitor period. There are only ways to make it more difficult.

Sep 23 05 11:34 am Link

Model

ashleyxo

Vista, California, US

try joining myspace.com. if youre even halfway descent looking theres a 90% chance youll get your pictures stolen by some 12 year old. ugh haha

Sep 23 05 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Peter Dattolo wrote:
It falls in the copyright and trademark infrigement area, and inpersonating someone. Federal crime i believe.

When you find a laywer that takes this case forward me their info, I have a couple of mailmen I want to sue for stuffing my mail in the box and wrinkling my coupons.

Sep 23 05 05:38 pm Link

Model

May-Lu

Austin, Indiana, US

Dyanov wrote:

I don't know if you checked the link right after she posted this thread.  I did go to the link and saw a lot of pictures of other models that I've seen in MM.  Some girl was claiming they were her own....

May

Sep 23 05 05:46 pm Link