Forums > Model Colloquy > Nude models and virgins...

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

Made you look on that one - didn't I?  Anyway, I'm quite tired, all 'putered out for the night, but was wondering how many nude models were or are still virgins?

And yes, I do have a life, just curious.  Also, this question can't be any more asinine than some of the threads I've seen here!

Oct 19 05 02:58 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I was...

Oct 19 05 08:59 am Link

Photographer

David Bickley

Washington, District of Columbia, US

kindof a weird question....wasn't everyone a virgin at some point?

D

Oct 19 05 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

They all were virgins at one time. Do you mean which came first, the nude modeling or the de-flowering?

Oct 19 05 09:09 am Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

He means those who model nude and were virgins when they started nude modelling

Oct 19 05 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

Either way, one has nothing to do with the other. Just because a girl models nude, it doesn't make her wanting to lose her virginity.

On the other hand, I knew a few girls who modeled for me years ago who wouldn't do nudes, but would have done "the other" option for me. smile

Oct 19 05 09:14 am Link

Model

Danielle

Lakeland, Florida, US

Not that hard to figure out what he means people....

I think someone who can be so comfortable with themselves to be a nude model, but still be able to keep their virginity is an awesome thing, i think there should be more like that.

I have a friend who isnt a nude model, but still a virgin at 20 soon to be 21....and i have all the respect in the world for her.  It takes a strong person to stay that pure for so long, atleast i think so..haha.  : /

Oct 19 05 09:16 am Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Oh. My. Gosh.

Oct 19 05 09:21 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

DawnElizabeth Moderator wrote:
Oh. My. Gosh.

I take that as a no smile Yea, yea i know you have kids. Still find that hard to beleive!

Oct 19 05 09:33 am Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'M A VIRGIN!!!

**Sits in silence after the big reveal**

Oct 19 05 09:35 am Link

Model

Ms Kaylee

Helena, Montana, US

I think he meant a nude model AND a virgin at the same time.

Oct 19 05 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Nicholson Photography

Columbus, Georgia, US

https://images.killermovies.com/1/the40yearoldvirgin/poster.jpg
the king of all virgin models

Oct 19 05 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

I knew a virgin stripper once. Ever see an intact hymen on a 20 yer old? Its keewl lookin.

Oct 19 05 12:00 pm Link

Photographer

MarkMarek

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

You know the difference between 13 years old virgin and a dinosaur....

There already is the proof dinos once existed...

Oct 19 05 12:03 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Nicholson Photography wrote:
https://images.killermovies.com/1/the40yearoldvirgin/poster.jpg
the king of all virgin models

My idol.

Oct 19 05 01:47 pm Link

Model

Susi

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Virgin...that was another lifetime...haha.

Oct 19 05 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

p51

Olympia, Washington, US

One of my models I shot was a virgin, and I didn't know it until a long time after the fact. She modeled for art classes at Florida State University as well, but had never had sex. Her folks were old hippies, and she spent most of her youth in the nude. They thought it was fine, so she had no issues with her body.
You see this in europe a lot, people sunbathe nude all the time, but don't have sex with everyone. Yet here, some girls will bang anyone they please, but would go to the beach with a t-shirt over their one-piece swimsuit. Now, THAT never made any sense to me..

Oct 19 05 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Dudley Watson wrote:
Made you look on that one - didn't I?  Anyway, I'm quite tired, all 'putered out for the night, but was wondering how many nude models were or are still virgins?

And yes, I do have a life, just curious.  Also, this question can't be any more asinine than some of the threads I've seen here!

I've no idea. I've  never asked, none of my business.

Oct 19 05 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

Well, most of you got my drift.  I realise all of us were virgins at one time, but was wondering how many nude models were still virgins when they started.  'Fraid this question can be only answered by female models.  Otherwise, I too would be clueless (and afraid to ask).  It would seem to me, it takes a strong person to be willing to pose nude, and still retain her virginity.  (I know the opposite sounds not-too good, but I hope most of you realise I'm not trying to offend, but truly wondering how hard it is to pose nude.  This may/may not be true, but I'm assuming non-virgins are very comfortable with what they are doing.)  Is this making any sence?  Or shall I just chalk it up to the mysteries of life?

Oct 20 05 03:58 am Link

Photographer

Merlinpix

Farmingdale, New York, US

Hmmm...not to hijack the thread, BUT how many of the GWC's  shooting nude models are virgins?

Oct 21 05 12:58 am Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

Haha I know two on MM, but its a secccccret

One would never want it known she's a virgin

the other would never want it known she poses nude

hehe

Oct 21 05 01:14 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Dudley Watson wrote:
'Fraid this question can be only answered by female models.

Why? Male models don't count? Or is it that make virgins don't count?

Oct 21 05 09:54 am Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Why is the question even important?

Oct 21 05 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

Dudley Watson wrote:
I'm not trying to offend, but truly wondering how hard it is to pose nude.  This may/may not be true, but I'm assuming non-virgins are very comfortable with what they are doing.)  Is this making any sence?

No, it does not make any sense.  Your whole premise is based on a connection between nudity and sex that I reject. I am not saying there is NO connection but it is complex and varies enormously from person to person.  These boards are filled with little teenager tittering about nudity.  Hasn't anybody here been to a nude beach filled with families?  Or, say ANY beach in western Europe?  Jeez, get over it.  Nudity can be sexual, but it doesn't have to be.  (In fact, you will find that nude beaches seem downright puritanical compared to the ones where teens and twenties are frolicking in postage stamp swimsuits.)  I think the most important factor determining whether a model feels comfortable nude is whether the photographer thinks it is a big deal or not.  If the photographer is concerned about more than photographs, the model will know that.  (This is not to say that EVERYone will be comfortable with a comfortable photographer, obviously not.)  In general, I have no idea what my models' sexual history is but in a couple of cases I have known models who were perfectly comfortable with their bodies but had not yet found anyone they were interested in having sex with.  For many people, being naked simply is not a big deal.

Oct 21 05 10:17 am Link

Photographer

Vegas Alien

Armington, Illinois, US

I'm betting many of Jock Sturges' models are virgins.  When you are able to separate nudity from sexuality, this question is pointless.

Oct 21 05 10:18 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

area291 wrote:
Why is the question even important?

We don't allow important or sensible questions.

Oct 21 05 10:28 am Link

Photographer

studio L

Oakland, California, US

How utterly inappropriate.

Oct 21 05 10:40 am Link

Photographer

HungryEye

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Merlinpix wrote:
Hmmm...not to hijack the thread, BUT how many of the GWC's  shooting nude models are virgins?

Merlinpix, have you noticed that no one has even acknowledged your question? tongue
(I'm just jealous that you got to ask before I did...)

Oct 21 05 11:45 pm Link

Model

balletkatelyn

New York, New York, US

guess who's a virgin.. that's right, ME!

sorry, i'm actually rather proud of that fact... possibly too proud, but we won't get into that...

Oct 22 05 12:01 am Link

Model

haitherelilu

Los Angeles, California, US

Vito wrote:
Either way, one has nothing to do with the other. Just because a girl models nude, it doesn't make her wanting to lose her virginity.

On the other hand, I knew a few girls who modeled for me years ago who wouldn't do nudes, but would have done "the other" option for me. smile

um i personally would not want the first person who has seen me naked to be a photographer i have absolutely no feelings for, so yes they do have a lot to do with each other

Oct 22 05 12:46 am Link

Photographer

Dudley Watson

Roseburg, Oregon, US

theda wrote:

We don't allow important or sensible questions.

Looks like you two have the answer!
area291: "Why is the question...important?">>It's not.  Please read my two messages before this one.
theda: "We dont allow....sensible questions.">>The Audrey thread says it all.
The whole thing is ment to be a casual question which I feel has now reached a conclusion.
Some stats:  27 replys (so far) 9 are women models, 1 is a male model. 16 are male photographers.  Some replied more than once, so there is some double counting here.  Most women knew what I was asking and replied honestly, most men simply said WTF????
Unless someone else wants to carry this thing further, I feel it's time to dump it.

Oct 22 05 01:22 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

In all my years of shooting..

Yes only one ...

She had just turned 18 and was a stripper at a club i worked at...

Took me quite awhile to think of one...

But Hey if there are any more out there!!!

(:--------

Hj

Oct 22 05 01:34 am Link