Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Pregnant - so what about modeling now?

Model

PattyB

Easton, California, US

Well I'm currently just under 3 months pregnant and I'm wondering about modeling. My fit as can be belly is getting a little round and though I'm not 'fat' it's not the way it was so I'm wondering if modeling is on hold.

Does anyone know of any agencies that specifically look for models who are preggers? Aside from Expecting Models? I found their site and they will only see you in person so that's on the list of  to do's.

Thanks all!
  PattyB

May 15 05 09:03 am Link

Photographer

John Swoger

Peoria, Arizona, US

First off congrats. A ton of Photographers love to work with pregnant models. I think women take on a glow while they are pregnant and make for some gorgeous images.

May 15 05 09:09 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

amy could put on a clinic on how to look good.....

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/4280ea56222ef.jpg

May 15 05 09:40 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Posted by PattyB: 
Well I'm currently just under 3 months pregnant and I'm wondering about modeling. My fit as can be belly is getting a little round and though I'm not 'fat' it's not the way it was so I'm wondering if modeling is on hold.

Does anyone know of any agencies that specifically look for models who are preggers? Aside from Expecting Models? I found their site and they will only see you in person so that's on the list of  to do's.

Thanks all!
  PattyB

I would be thrilled to work with you.

May 15 05 09:59 am Link

Model

TinajaLove

Rawlins, Wyoming, US

I loved every minute and your skin and glow are great-I will try to find the pictures-my sister and I were pregnant at the same time! It was fun to get my body back! no stretch marks Thank God!!!

May 15 05 10:01 am Link

Photographer

michaelGIORDANO

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

Posted by TinajaLove: 
no stretch marks Thank God!!!

You can also use shea butter, it helps.

May 15 05 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Thom Bourgois

Tucson, Arizona, US

Posted by PattyB: 

Thanks all!
  PattyB

A pregnant woman is at her most beautiful.  Wish you were here.

....Thom

May 18 05 07:18 am Link

Makeup Artist

Reese

Newport News, Virginia, US

Oh wow! A baby! Congratulations!  That's fantastic!  I love babies...

So is it half-Chinese by any chance?

May 18 05 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kirk

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Yeah I've shot quite a few - always fun - always beautiful.  I've only got one on my site now because god forbid anyone try to say "Oh he's into pregnant girls...".

May 18 05 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

Have you agent reach out right away to magternity clothes manufacturers. You can also work with a commercial photog wo set up commercial shoots. Even art type shooting for sales to maternity stores.

May 18 05 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Circle23

Portland, Oregon, US

pregnant women are fun to shoot  except that movement is limited and they tire quickly  unerstandably   i can only imagine arching the ol back with a 15 lb bowling ball in my stomache on top of my bladder   my latest was preganant bondage which was awesome!!!

May 18 05 04:13 pm Link

Model

PattyB

Easton, California, US

Posted by Brian Kim: 
Have you agent reach out right away to magternity clothes manufacturers. You can also work with a commercial photog wo set up commercial shoots. Even art type shooting for sales to maternity stores.

I wish I could...I emailed them a few weeks back and got a reply that the woman I deal with left and someone else would be my contact. I emailed her and nothing. I need a new agent!!!! I'm not sure how many times I'm supposed to email them for work. I got 3 jobs in the last year and they expect me to pay another $200 to stay on their web site. blah

May 18 05 05:09 pm Link

Model

PattyB

Easton, California, US

Thank you everyone for the congrats and advice. It's nice to know that my 'career' isn't 'over'. lol I have to find a new agent though as I mentioned above because the one I have isn't working for me.

It is an exciting time. My skin's not really glowing so much now...a little shiny maybe? lol At least the morning/all day sickness is done!

smile -PattyB

May 18 05 05:11 pm Link

Model

PattyB

Easton, California, US

Posted by Reese: 
Oh wow! A baby! Congratulations!  That's fantastic!  I love babies...

So is it half-Chinese by any chance?

No sorry, try Italian, German and Irish. I can't wait to see how this combination turns out. lol I wish you were closer, I need to find a MUA!!!

May 18 05 05:13 pm Link

Photographer

robotbones

Austin, Texas, US

interesting qestion reese, where your scare the baby maybe yours?

May 18 05 06:54 pm Link