Forums > Model Colloquy > Unethical Behavior by Model Co-workers

Model

Jenni L

Westerville, Ohio, US

I'm not sure if this has been her before, but how do you handle when a fellow model is being unethical during a promotion?  It is a 3 day assignment and on the first night there she gets "friendly" with the client.  I may be naive, but that is the first time I have ever seen that happen during a promotion.  Does this happen often?  Do you keep your mouth shut or tell the promotion agent?  Thanks

Jenni

Nov 10 05 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

If a cute model, that I'd have a good rapport with would get friendly with me... too friendly... hmmmmm... what would I do... what to do... decisions... decisions...

But... I am watching the Man Show and that would bias my answer... so, I guess I don't say anything.

HOWEVER, if the "friendlyness" didn't hurt the business... and endangers your own job... like immediate danger... what do you care? Really?

Nov 10 05 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Culture Photoz

Bloomfield, New Jersey, US

Yeah, Jenni. Leave it alone. She is using what she feels she must, to get what she wants. It might work for her, or it may very well backfire on her. Hold on to your principles, and do your best at what you do as a model. This too, will pass.

Nov 10 05 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Tony Culture Photoz wrote:
Yeah, Jenni. Leave it alone. She is using what she feels she must, to get what she wants. It might work for her, or it may very well backfire on her. Hold on to your principles, and do your best at what you do as a model. This too, will pass.

Then again... she may just have been horny and following the opportunity to get laid... I have heard that things like that may happen too...

Nov 10 05 09:55 pm Link

Model

Jenni L

Westerville, Ohio, US

Well it really does not bother me, except for her lack of participation at the event now.  She thought she could get away with not working much at all.  Either way I am doing my job.

Nov 10 05 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Jenni L wrote:
Well it really does not bother me, except for her lack of participation at the event now.  She thought she could get away with not working much at all.  Either way I am doing my job.

She was working it allright! big_smile

Nov 10 05 09:56 pm Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

Jenni L wrote:

It bothers you...you started a thread about it...

Nov 10 05 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Jenni L wrote:

That's actually pretty important...she may be having fun and "working" it, but that's not fair to you if it causing you additional work.

Nov 10 05 10:00 pm Link

Model

Jenni L

Westerville, Ohio, US

I guess I am just curious if this situation as happened to other models and how they handled it.  What that girl does on her own time is not my concern, but it is when it creates laziness on her part.

Nov 10 05 10:09 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

Jenni L wrote:
I guess I am just curious if this situation as happened to other models and how they handled it.  What that girl does on her own time is not my concern, but it is when it creates laziness on her part.

i wouldn't say anything........but i wouldn't work with her again........

Nov 11 05 02:21 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Believe it or not, some agencies send models like that because the clients request it. The world of promotional modeling can be strange like that.
You may have been the model to promote whatever but she may have been the model assigned another task smile
Sounds bad I know but it happens

Nov 11 05 02:28 am Link

Photographer

Gerry

Wow Jenni, that's a tough one.  I mean, on one hand you don't want stuck for several days pulling extra weight (or in the future), but on the other you don't want to be a "tattle tale" either.

I honestly wouldn't know how to handle it. Anyone I know?

Nov 11 05 02:35 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

JM Dean wrote:
Believe it or not, some agencies send models like that because the clients request it. The world of promotional modeling can be strange like that.
You may have been the model to promote whatever but she may have been the model assigned another task smile
Sounds bad I know but it happens

Yup, just another part of the business we turn a blind eye towards.
Just look at it as marketing.

Nov 11 05 05:20 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

Well I was on one of my Traveling Photo Shoot trips and I had 2 models.  After 3 days they started sleeping together.  And they did not want to work much either.  But they sure as hell wanted to be paid in full.  bs

Nov 11 05 07:39 am Link

Photographer

cookie monster

Alamo Heights, Texas, US

bobby sargent wrote:
Well I was on one of my Traveling Photo Shoot trips and I had 2 models.  After 3 days they started sleeping together.  And they did not want to work much either.  But they sure as hell wanted to be paid in full.  bs

Bobby, that sounds more of a lost photo op than a lazy work ethic issue. when life hands you lesbians, make a glass of cold lemonade cuz that session is going to be HOT.

Nov 11 05 07:44 am Link

Photographer

bobby sargent

Deming, New Mexico, US

cookie monster wrote:

Bobby, that sounds more of a lost photo op than a lazy work ethic issue. when life hands you lesbians, make a glass of cold lemonade cuz that session is going to be HOT.

OH wish that I could.  They did not want it on film or video.  Hell they would not even let me watch. I should of fired them then and there.  Oh well.  bs

Nov 11 05 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

cookie monster wrote:

I believe it would be called lesbinade

Nov 11 05 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Jenni L wrote:
I'm not sure if this has been her before, but how do you handle when a fellow model is being unethical during a promotion?  It is a 3 day assignment and on the first night there she gets "friendly" with the client.  I may be naive, but that is the first time I have ever seen that happen during a promotion.  Does this happen often?  Do you keep your mouth shut or tell the promotion agent?  Thanks

Jenni

Yo Jenni... you leave ALOT up in the air on your loose definition of 'friendly'.  What exactly did you mean by 'friendly'?  Was it 'a handshake'... or somethin else?  Did you see somethin that you could provide us with details on?  Enlighten us... wink

Nov 11 05 01:18 pm Link

Model

Jenni L

Westerville, Ohio, US

Well they spent both nights toghether in the hotel and she told me all the juicy details.  She showed up an hour late today, with no makeup, and did not have the company shirt on.  They ended up leaving 2 hours later to take him to the airport and she never came back.  The thing that bothers me now is that she expects to paid the same as me, but did half the work.  I know that I should not let it get to me, but I just have a lot more professionalism than that.  I just hope I never have to work with her again. 

Thanks everyone for your comments.  It's nice to vent sometimes. Ha Ha

Jenni

Nov 11 05 02:50 pm Link