Forums > Model Colloquy > Bare Escentuals / Bare Minerals......

Model

ciaogoodbyeadios

Los Angeles, California, US

I LOVE BARE MINERALS!!! 

AND.. you should always buy it on EBAY!  So much cheaper there!

Dec 08 06 02:58 pm Link

Model

JenC

Beverly Hills, California, US

I have used Bare Minerals for about a year and a half now and I LOVE it!!! I sleep in it all the time (sometimes I’m really lazy smile ) and my skin has never looked so good (acne wise). It really makes your skin/complexion look really really nice and I always get compliments on it. There is a full coverage brush that I use (similar to a foundation brush...flat/smooth... I don't know what it's called...MUA's? ) and it does put it on a lot thicker in places where you need it. However, occasionally I use my wet/dry concealer for under my eyes. I really recommend it!

Dec 08 06 11:47 pm Link

Model

Nikita Peters

Burlington, Vermont, US

I'm sorry but has anyone ever had a problem with it not working??  I bought this stuff recently and it barely works for coverage.  I don't have terrible skin but its not the best and i can't honestly say it works for either acne scarring and it def doesnt work for under eye circles at all.  I know i'm putting it on right because i've watched the how-to part tons of times.  I usually have to put on like 5 layers and then it still barely makes a difference.  I guess if your skin isn't bad then it may work but it doesn't for darker spots. I don't have much acne just blemishes.  As for being good for your skin yeah it seems like it may have helped, but for like 60 dollars i might as well just buy a good facial cream.  I don't know about you but i'm sticking to liquid foundation for good coverage.  If you have bad acne or dark circles or such ask me about it and i will tell you my side of the story.  I'd rather you know more about the downs on it before spending a lot of money.  This comes from someone who has been doing makeup for 10 years and who's taken cosmetology courses.

Mar 23 07 10:14 pm Link

Model

Susie-D

New York, New York, US

i love it!!! my skin is so so sensative, so its all i use now. Try everydayminerals.com, they have 4 "formulas", i like a slightly dewy look which i didnt think i could achive with a powder foundation, but it works, plus its cheaper then bare minerals smile which is a plus smile

Mar 23 07 10:53 pm Link

Photographer

Tortured Artist

Rockville, Maryland, US

Sophea Akara wrote:

I use Jane Iredale myself for the last 2 years and LOVE it. I have combination skin and break out when that time of the month comes along sad. It's very light , but the coverage is amazing. It's not cheap ($50), but it does last me a 2-3 months of daily usage.
You can get it @ spas/salons or indpendent stores like elephant Pharmacy in Berkely. Look up the website for a location near you smile!

i can second that we retail Jane Iredale at the salons and I use it these days in all my shoots(ok well i don't use it but I have all our in house makeup artist use it...it is lights years ahead of bare escentuals, it was the original mineral as i understand it..

Mar 23 07 11:00 pm Link

Model

Lady Bronze

Los Angeles, California, US

I tried Bare minerals in sephora and I didnt like it at all, or any other mineral makeup.

The gal in the store couldnt find any shade to match, and everything she tried seemed to have a very subtle 'glitterish' effect. It looked like it was actually GIVING an oily complexion.

The girl said there is some kind of really subtle shine in it. Dunno if there is one more matte, but coverage wise as well, I found it unimpressive.

Everyone's skin will react differently though.

Mar 23 07 11:01 pm Link

Model

Plus model Ari

Monterey Park, California, US

MAILEKOP wrote:
hey MM'rs.....I was just "educated" on a new type of full coverage / foundation......Bare Escentuals / Bare Minerals......

has anyone ever used it, or heard anything about it??? it is a bit pricey, but if it's good then I don't mind buying it.....

if anyone has any info/thoughts on this product I would love to hear about it  smile
hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving!!!  smile
mahalo
maile

I've used it before and there a few things I didn't like about it. 1 if you have any kind of wrinkles the powder will settle in them 2 It didn't last as long as I would have liked it to. I usually looke bare faced before lunch time.

Mar 24 07 12:34 am Link

Model

Plus model Ari

Monterey Park, California, US

Nikita Lincoln wrote:
I'm sorry but has anyone ever had a problem with it not working??  I bought this stuff recently and it barely works for coverage.  I don't have terrible skin but its not the best and i can't honestly say it works for either acne scarring and it def doesnt work for under eye circles at all.  I know i'm putting it on right because i've watched the how-to part tons of times.  I usually have to put on like 5 layers and then it still barely makes a difference.  I guess if your skin isn't bad then it may work but it doesn't for darker spots. I don't have much acne just blemishes.  As for being good for your skin yeah it seems like it may have helped, but for like 60 dollars i might as well just buy a good facial cream.  I don't know about you but i'm sticking to liquid foundation for good coverage.  If you have bad acne or dark circles or such ask me about it and i will tell you my side of the story.  I'd rather you know more about the downs on it before spending a lot of money.  This comes from someone who has been doing makeup for 10 years and who's taken cosmetology courses.

I agree I have a few acne scars and it didn't cover for me at all. Plus it made my skin feel dry

Mar 24 07 12:35 am Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

I did a headshot shoot with Noah (TripleGlance on MM) with Bare Minerals. It actually came out great, Noah told me that he doesn't even see any reason to photoshop anything.  I am waiting to get the images from him, it will be in my port soon : )

This shoot was done on a sunny day but in the shade : ) no lighting equip.

Mar 24 07 12:49 am Link

Model

Justine_Danielle

New Haven, Connecticut, US

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It is the best foundation I have ever used on my face. I don't feel dry, and I haven't broken out as badly.

Justine Danielle

Mar 24 07 12:55 am Link

Model

Maya A Lelani

New York, New York, US

Wow!  Interesting!  I see the infomercials all the time, but just thought it was a scam.  Now, with all these recommendations I will have to try it - much like proactive... LOVE that stuff! Would have never tried it if my friends hadn't first!!

Mar 24 07 12:58 am Link

Model

shonte02

Bridgeport, Connecticut, US

they have this kit on sale for $75, pur minerals, you can buy it on shopNBC.com, but the sale ends on April 1.

Mar 24 07 01:03 am Link

Model

LisaR

Cheyenne, Oklahoma, US

Bryanna Nicole wrote:
We were having issues with Bry's skin, so we tried the Bare Minerals line.. she is allergic to red dye.. so we have to be very careful. She loves the Bare Minerals, but they use red dyes in their products.

However.. we found a better line of Mineral Products..  Jane Iredale - the entire line (save the glosses) use natural ingredients, and none of the dyes she is allergic to.

Give it a look at www.janeiredale.com  - I'm betting you'll love it.

Btw.. this image of Bry.. https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=1717937 strictly this product line.

Good luck!
Tracy

Totally agree... There is good mineral makeup and then there is great and the difference is how many times it is milled or processed if you will.. some mineral makeups are milled 3 times, while i believe Jane is milled 10 or 11 times to rifine it to a much smoother consistancy. Jane Iredale is actually a medical grade makeup first formulated for burn recovery patients. There is so many things great about this make up.. it is worth the extra money. If you are looking for heavier coverage, I would recommend also getting this mist called d2o mist. you spray it on your makeup sponge then use the pure pressed powder (my fav and what I use) and you get a heavier coverage. Yeay for Jane! smile

Mar 24 07 01:50 am Link

Model

Jessica D

Seaford, New York, US

I use it, and I love it. The price is really good too, because it lasts a while. I've been using it for almost 2 years.

Mar 24 07 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Clement Yonkers

Manchester Center, Vermont, US

I've worked with models who use mineral type makeup and found that -from my perspective- it works quite well when properly applied.  It evens out skin tones while retaining a natural look.  I find myself doing much less retouching on the shots where this type of makeup was used.
~ Clement

Mar 30 07 05:46 pm Link

Model

chloe

San Diego, California, US

bare escentuals is really great--best makeup i've used ... covered up everything that needed to be covered up, blended well, and wasn't flaky or too powdery.

BUT, it made my face itch LIKE PURE HELL. my face would be red and blotchy at the end of the day from having to scratch it. it was awful. it sucks, best makeup i've ever used and i can't wear it. sad

Mar 30 07 05:54 pm Link

Model

Sascha

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

Hey, FYI, I used Bare Minerals for my headshot photo (avatar shot) : )

Apr 20 07 06:38 am Link

Model

Gennavive Leigh

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

MAILEKOP wrote:
hey MM'rs.....I was just "educated" on a new type of full coverage / foundation......Bare Escentuals / Bare Minerals......

has anyone ever used it, or heard anything about it??? it is a bit pricey, but if it's good then I don't mind buying it.....

if anyone has any info/thoughts on this product I would love to hear about it  smile
hope everyone had a wonderful thanksgiving!!!  smile
mahalo
maile

Bare Minerals is AMAZING. I just bought it like 2 weeks ago!! Great for your skin too...

Apr 20 07 06:41 am Link

Photographer

Carolina Captures

Aiken, South Carolina, US

My daughter uses it, I can't because it makes my face ichy than after i'm in the sun with it my face feels like its on fire,

Apr 23 07 07:13 am Link