Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Marijuana Legal In The U.S.

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Anybody sitting back waiting for that day?

Jan 05 06 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Not particularly. I'm not fond of anything that causes me to lose control of all rational thought or action.

Jan 05 06 01:18 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

nope...*passes the pipe*

Jan 05 06 01:22 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Careful...

Tyler wrote:
[8] You will not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES. Links provided to locations that deal with any such activity are also expressly forbidden.

Jan 05 06 01:23 pm Link

Model

nish 24

Dallas, Texas, US

medical Marijuana was just made legal in Rhode Island yesterday I think. They ended up  overturning the governors veto to make the overwealming victory. I think that that's the 11'th state to legalize medical marijuana.

So maybe one day .....

Jan 05 06 01:26 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

"See I think, drugs have some done good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us. Do me a favor, go home tonight, take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CDs, and burn them. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Reeeeeeeal fucking high on drugs.-

-Today young men on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.-

-It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom is what it is, okay?. Keep that in mind at all times, thank you." - Bill Hicks

Jan 05 06 01:26 pm Link

Model

marilyne

Glenside, Pennsylvania, US

Any one who thinks they are going to lose all rational thought and control, is horribly misinformed. What kind of education does this person have.
Were they raised on Refer Madness as a learning guide?

Jan 05 06 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Model Sarah wrote:
"See I think, drugs have some done good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us. Do me a favor, go home tonight, take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CDs, and burn them. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Reeeeeeeal fucking high on drugs.-

-Today young men on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.-

-It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom is what it is, okay?. Keep that in mind at all times, thank you." - Bill Hicks

do you want the dude or gal who operates on you, fly's the plane or drives the bus your kid takes to school suffering from reefer madness???

Jan 05 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

marilyne wrote:
Any one who thinks they are going to lose all rational thought and control, is horribly misinformed. What kind of education does this person have.
Were they raised on Refer Madness as a learning guide?

You've obviously never been around people who smoked pot then.

Model

nish 24

Dallas, Texas, US

I think I heard once that this whole prohibition fiasco was started due to a bunch of industry groups lobbying against the more versitile hemp industry.

Photographer

The Don Mon

Ocala, Florida, US

BCG wrote:

do you want the dude or gal who operates on you, fly's the plane or drives the bus your kid takes to school suffering from reefer madness???

alcohol is legal and they still do it........

Jan 05 06 01:32 pm Link

Model

nish 24

Dallas, Texas, US

btw the only people that I've been around that were high and lost control were also drunk.

Jan 05 06 01:33 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

BCG wrote:

Ahem; quoting Bill again;

"Alcohol is only the number 2 killer in the world but yet I have seen beer commercials during "war on drug" specials. Define irony. Cigarrettes legal, alcohol legal, they kill people more than all of the illegal drugs combined times 1,000. Pot kills.... uh............. no one. Let's put it in a time frame.. uh 'ever'. Yet it is against the law.

Want a better world legalize pot. I have never seen anyone on just pot get into a fight because it is fucking impossible. Say you get into a car accident, you are smoking pot. You were probably only going 4 mph."  - Bill Hicks

I dont use it but I am not against legalizing it.

Jan 05 06 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

GvM Photography

GAMBRILLS, Maryland, US

Jan 05 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

i watch C*H*I*P*S and ponch and jon say drugs are for loosers.

Jan 05 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

40 Digital Photography

Tarpon Springs, Florida, US

nish 24 wrote:
medical Marijuana was just made legal in Rhode Island yesterday I think. They ended up  overturning the governors veto to make the overwealming victory. I think that that's the 11'th state to legalize medical marijuana.

So maybe one day .....

Maybe so. However, the federal government can, if it chooses to, enforce the federal Controlled Substances Act against anyone who violates it. Remember, Federal law always trumps state law.

Robert

Jan 05 06 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

theda wrote:
Careful...

Lock this thread and I'll be safer in creating a new thread titled, When will OTC Marijuana be made available to the public. I'm thinking Tyler meant that statement in a different way.. I could be wrong of course; you know him better than I do.

Jan 05 06 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

U240Robert wrote:

Maybe so. However, the federal government can, if it chooses to, enforce the federal Controlled Substances Act against anyone who violates it. Remember, Federal law always trumps state law.

Robert

not in the Great State of Texas.

Jan 05 06 01:52 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
Lock this thread and I'll create a new thread titled, When will OTC Marijuana be made available to the public. I'm thinking Tyler meant that statement in a different way.. I could be wrong of course; you know him better than I do.

I think so too.  I just wanted to toss that rule in the thread to deter people from going off ilicit tangents. No need to lock now.

Jan 05 06 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

MEWanoDesigns wrote:
Not particularly. I'm not fond of anything that causes me to lose control of all rational thought or action.

So I guess you're against alcohol, Nyquil, General Anesthesia, and being In Love?? lol

Jan 05 06 01:54 pm Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

galavanmoskou wrote:
You have pot and you have pot.
What they smoke in Holland is so strong that your brains will fall out. I don't think you would still think the same after smoking that ;-)
Any kind of drug just SUCKS.

What they smoke in Holland is Hashish.  Marijuana only grows well in climates in the Americas, so the marijuana is processed into Hashish (ships/keeps better) before being shipped to Europe.  It is exceedingly rare to find pot itself in Europe.  Mostly you find hashish there.

Jan 05 06 01:57 pm Link

Photographer

MWPortraits

EMG STUDIOS wrote:

So I guess you're against alcohol, Nyquil, General Anesthesia, and being In Love?? lol

lol, you're such a smartass.

Jan 05 06 02:00 pm Link

Photographer

GvM Photography

GAMBRILLS, Maryland, US

Jan 05 06 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Dattolo

Wolcott, Connecticut, US

I am sure pot has its good points and bad points as with everything else these days. Legalizing pot would be done in about 2 seconds if it didnt put sooo many drug dealers back into the working atmosphere because they aint making money on the drugs no more. people would save so much money because the price would be lower and steady and become almost like cigs after awhile.
Then one day they will have hash patchs so you can quit smoking pot.

Jan 05 06 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

galavanmoskou wrote:
What they smoke in Holland is so strong that your brains will fall out. I don't think you would still think the same after smoking that ;-)
Any kind of drug just SUCKS.

Um... I've spent a LOT of time in Amsterdam, and I've yet to see any brain matter on the streets. Anything in excess can become a problem. Anything in reasonable moderation can potentially be a positive thing.

P.S. As an FYI, marijuana, hash, and mushrooms are all readily available OTC in The Netherlands, and while technically still *illegal*, a 'policy of tolerance' allows for the open purchase and use of personal amounts of these substances. The problem is that cultivation and wholesale supplying is still actively criminalized in The Netherlands, which means that the growers and wholesalers are still criminals in their own countries and in the Netherlands, which is why codified legalization is truly the best (and most financially prudent) long-term solution.

Jan 05 06 03:18 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

MEWanoDesigns wrote:
lol, you're such a smartass.

Only my mother loves me... sometimes... LMAO

Jan 05 06 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

Peter Dattolo wrote:
I am sure pot has its good points and bad points as with everything else these days. Legalizing pot would be done in about 2 seconds if it didnt put sooo many drug dealers back into the working atmosphere because they aint making money on the drugs no more. people would save so much money because the price would be lower and steady and become almost like cigs after awhile.
Then one day they will have hash patchs so you can quit smoking pot.

The drug dealers could then go work in the weed factories for $5.50 an hour. I think the initial shock of weed being legal would wear off rather quickly because it wouldn't be as taboo.

Don't forget that the GUBMENT could tax it and be happy too. In NY weed would be $35,000.00 an ounce lol.... I feel for regular tobacco smokers, if I had that habit, I'm not sure I'd be able to put gas in my truck..

Jan 05 06 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

GvM Photography

GAMBRILLS, Maryland, US

Jan 05 06 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

galavanmoskou wrote:
This is so right but a hard thing for a drug addict or just people using it too much and still thinking they are OK.

Agreed. Substance abusers are going to abuse substances, be they legal or illegal. However, prohibition doesn't help them or anyone else.

Jan 05 06 04:08 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

I don't and have never smoked pot.
BUT I think legalizing AND regulating it would be a great thing.
If pot were legal and could be bought and sold like ciggaretes it would eliminate pot dealers. Also the danger of buying something laced would be gone as everything would be overseen by the government.
This could only HELP the government financially and morally because it would be harder for pot to land in the hands of a 12 year old. Right now it is MUCH easier for a 12 year old to get pot than it would be for them to get a box of cigs.
Think about it folks.

Jan 05 06 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

EMG STUDIOS wrote:
Anybody sitting back waiting for that day?

Yes, tobacco is evil!!!  Bad for you!!

Let's legalize pot!!

I can't wait for all the pot related lawsuits!!

Jan 05 06 05:13 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Nemi wrote:
If pot were legal and could be bought and sold like ciggaretes it would eliminate pot dealers. Also the danger of buying something laced would be gone as everything would be overseen by the government.
This could only HELP the government financially and morally because it would be harder for pot to land in the hands of a 12 year old. Right now it is MUCH easier for a 12 year old to get pot than it would be for them to get a box of cigs.
Think about it folks.

Yes but the government doesnt want to legalize things that make people feel happy.

"How are we going to keep building nuclear weapons or what's going to happen to the arms industry when people are happy and realize we are all one. It's going to fuck up the economy. The economy thats fake anyway. Drugs that grow naturally on this planet that make you realize you are being fucked everyday of your life are illegal. Coincidence? I dont know.. "  - Bill Hicks

Jan 05 06 05:16 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Model Sarah wrote:
Yes but the government doesnt want to legalize things that make people feel happy.

touche

Jan 05 06 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Downin

Salem, Oregon, US

MEWanoDesigns wrote:

If smoking pot causes you to lose that much control, you probably need psychiatric assistance and a drug more suitable for your affliction.

Jan 05 06 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Downin

Salem, Oregon, US

U240Robert wrote:

Robert

You are, unfortunately, quite right; but moreover, they already have.  Just after Sept. 11, 2001 the DEA began using just that law to raid thousands of legitimate medical marijuana users in the state of California.  Coincidence? 

Here is a link to an article that about a recent supreme court decision that stemmed (no pun intended) from all of that:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/06/scotu … marijuana/

Kind of ironic when put into the context of how much the current president likes to advocate for state's rights, eh?

Jan 05 06 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

"You mean we're smoking dogshit?"

Jan 05 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I have always wondered something. In the U.S. we want "all natural" remedies and foods. Sometimes referred to as "organic". This does not extend to pot though and I wonder about that. Seems to me that Pot is Mother Natures aspirin tablet. It can be grown and used as a home remedy with far less side effects than Tylenol or Ibuprofen.

Another observation. Might just be me though. I see many studies done to show how Pot is harmful, yet others are tested to show how "safe" they are.

If Pot was legal I would probably use it for my headaches as Tylenol only seems to go so far and all the other meds tend to be addictive. Maybe one day. Hopefully in my lifetime.

Aaron
Do as you will...Harm no one

Jan 05 06 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Nemi wrote:

I was going to say almost the exact same thing.

The only conclusion to which I can come is that the "war on drugs" is more profitable for the government than the taxes they expect the could collect.

Jan 05 06 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

ADGibson wrote:
Seems to me that Pot is Mother Natures aspirin tablet.

Willow bark is nature's asprin tablet.

I'd hate to see asprin replaced by pot, but that's probably because I like saying "acetylsalicylic acid".

Jan 05 06 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Downin

Salem, Oregon, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

I was going to say almost the exact same thing.

The only conclusion to which I can come is that the "war on drugs" is more profitable for the government than the taxes they expect the could collect.

My thoughts as well.  I think the DEA makes more by putting it back on the street, plus it has the added bonus of being a never ending war (or never ending excuse for an avenue to funnel funds that most don't question), and an easy excuse to jail the poor.

Jan 05 06 06:42 pm Link