Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Battlestar Galactic Season 2.5 ....

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

In 7.5 hours! (I think they are calling it 2.5 considering the DVD was Season 2.0)

So, any bets that President Ros uses her powers as president to demote Cain, Promote Adama, and resolve the conflict?

If she does and Cain does not accept it, then it is treason, After all, she was made an Admiral by the same articles of Colonization that made Ros President.

Either she is a Colonial, in which case, she must listen to Ros, or she isn't in which case, no one has to listen to her......

Tough one eh?

Jan 06 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

i do not have cable ;-

Jan 06 06 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

It starts up agan today?!?! Yessssssss. DSL channel, bring me the goods.

Jan 06 06 01:55 pm Link

Model

Model Mayhem

El Segundo, California, US

I have to put my drinking on hold until after this show...

Jan 06 06 02:32 pm Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

Ty Simone wrote:
In 7.5 hours! (I think they are calling it 2.5 considering the DVD was Season 2.0)

So, any bets that President Ros uses her powers as president to demote Cain, Promote Adama, and resolve the conflict?

If she does and Cain does not accept it, then it is treason, After all, she was made an Admiral by the same articles of Colonization that made Ros President.

Either she is a Colonial, in which case, she must listen to Ros, or she isn't in which case, no one has to listen to her......

Tough one eh?

Sorry I cant get my mind around Admiral Cain is the same person who played Ensign Ro on TNG. And I gave up on thinking what these guys write with the storylines, I just enjoy the show. Although shes a "toasterhead", Boomer is hot ROFL

Jan 06 06 02:36 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I just can't connect to that show... don't know why...

Jan 06 06 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

I just finsihed watching the first ten episades on DVD (I don't get the Sci/Fi channel) and I have no idea what's going to happen. I do think the president is going to have to intervene somehow, as this is going to blow up very quickly (civil war and all that). Unfortunetly I'm going to have to wait until the rest of the season is released on DVD... sad

-P-

Jan 06 06 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

Joshua Gottesman

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Its tonight?  Holy crap...I didn't realize that.  I know what I'm doing at 10 PM!

Jan 06 06 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

CSI-PHOTO

Trenton, Michigan, US

No shoot tonight.....guess I'll have to tell the model I have a headache

Jan 06 06 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

nathan combs wrote:
i do not have cable ;-

Jan 06 06 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

This is the only "apointment" television I have ever had.  I don't miss an episode.  In the rare case I do...I download it.

Next week will be one hell of an episode.

Jan 06 06 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

This is almost the best show on T.V.  Stargate is right there too.
Tonights show was great!  Next week looks to be even better.

Jan 06 06 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

Vihao

MCLEAN, Texas, US

Looks like we're going to be in for a treat next week.

Jan 06 06 11:11 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
This is almost the best show on T.V.  Stargate is right there too.
Tonights show was great!  Next week looks to be even better.

Man... my simple mind loves Stargate... but Battlestar... probably didn't followed it from the new beginning... sad

Jan 06 06 11:14 pm Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

UdoR wrote:

Man... my simple mind loves Stargate... but Battlestar... probably didn't followed it from the new beginning... sad

Stargate is great the new villians are scary and intresting.  Battlestar is dark
and can be a little confusing.  It has a very stark feel.  Some of my friends
loved both Star Treks but hate Battlestar.  I also like Stargate Alantis but the
Wraith are getting kind of old (insert joke) One thing I find sad about many of
the Sci-Fi movies and horror movies coming out is most are bad!  Other then
King Kong and Narnia which I loved okay Harry Potter too.  You've got millions
and talented people what happens.  Anybody see the Fantastic Four? It was
awfull!  If you can't think of a good ideal use one of the better comics.
Remember the whole Galautus attacks earth issues?  They could have used that.

Jan 06 06 11:26 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

I've only seen the first half of season two of Galactica, but I do have a question in regard to the Pegasus. How has the Pegasus managed to fight the Cylons when they have a network computer system? In the pilot, it was the old wiring and non-network computer systems that prevented the Cylons from disabling the Galactica and the older Viper fighters. So, I'm very curious how the Pegasus has managed to prevent this from happening to them. Methinks something foul is afoot...

-P-

Jan 07 06 01:42 am Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
I've only seen the first half of season two of Galactica, but I do have a question in regard to the Pegasus. How has the Pegasus managed to fight the Cylons when they have a network computer system? In the pilot, it was the old wiring and non-network computer systems that prevented the Cylons from disabling the Galactica and the older Viper fighters. So, I'm very curious how the Pegasus has managed to prevent this from happening to them. Methinks something foul is afoot...

-P-

They logged onto google and found a way to shield themselves...... I think I remember them saying that they were in dock for refit and jumped somewhere before the virus.

Jan 07 06 01:45 am Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

It's All Boltar's Fault...

Jan 07 06 07:48 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Pat Thielen wrote:

-P-

The Pegasus is Attacking the Cylons not the other way around.  So it is easy to assume that they retrofit their new vipers after figuring out the problem.  It is a much bigger jump to think that they could retro fit an entire battlestar.

Also, in terms of retro fitting the Pegasus, have you seen their CIC?  It is WAY sparse.  Now, I know because I listen to the pod casts, that it is actually sparse because the show only allots so much money to each episode and the bridge suffered for it.  But, it is also easy to assume that one reason it is so sparse is because it was ripped out and replaced.  And not to ruin it for you, but this last episode addressed that very issue.

Jan 07 06 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Vihao

MCLEAN, Texas, US

Minor spoiler below regarding how Pegasus was spared during the first Cylon attack...

The computer systems aboard Pegasus were taken offline before the initial Cylon attack for maintenance.  When the attack came, Cain order the ship to make a blind FTL jump.

Jan 07 06 09:26 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Vihao wrote:
Minor spoiler below regarding how Pegasus was spared during the first Cylon attack...

The computer systems aboard Pegasus were ...FTL jump.

MORE SPOILER IF YOU ARE NOT UP TO SPEED WITH CURRENT EPISODES

And they retro fitted the Pegasas with the crap the ripped off of the 15 colonial ships they left in the middle of nowhere.

Jan 07 06 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Joshua Gottesman

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yes, the Pegasus commander is officially bat-shit crazy...but it was a great episode and I want next week's episode NOW!

Jan 07 06 11:18 am Link

Photographer

CrackdLens

PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida, US

It was awesome!  Do you think Starbuck will do the mission? Do you think the XO of the Pegasus will do his mission? .....I love that saying.. "...terminate his command."  What a tidy way to say assasinate.

-T

Jan 07 06 11:25 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Au Natural Art wrote:
It was awesome!  Do you think Starbuck will do the mission? Do you think the XO of the Pegasus will do his mission? .....I love that saying.. "...terminate his command."  What a tidy way to say assasinate.

-T

The Pegasus XO will cop out.  He won't kill Ty.  They are drinkin' buddies.  Starbuck on the other had is a crazy be-otch.

I don't watch any other TV but this and my friends make fun of me...but this is by far the best TV available.

Jan 07 06 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Lance Nichols

Markham, Ontario, Canada

Damn, Canada has to wait until the 15th sad

Jan 08 06 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

megafunk

Los Angeles, California, US

It must have been a good episode because it seemed short as all hell.

Jan 08 06 10:21 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

This is the one show that always seems to end before you want it too. I work a lot of nites but this and 24 are two I have to watch before going to bed on the day they broadcast.

Jan 08 06 11:00 pm Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

I have two words for that episode. HOLY @#$^&@!!!!

Just when you think things can not possibly be any better for the show, Boom! an episode like that.

Ok, My predicition (sorry Canadians... You may want to stop here if you do not like the poilers thing...)

Starbuck will not kill Cain. She will however relieve her of duty. The Pegasus XO will not kill Adama. I think Security on the bridge will be so tight there that the Marines will not be in a position to help. (Remember, Adama got shot by Boomer on his own bridge. I think that anyone coming close to the bridge with a gun right now would be pulverized.... I could be wrong though) Furthermore, I think the XO does not agree with Cain at all, and once he learns that Starbuck has removed Cain, he will follow Adama's lead.

For those that have not been listening to Ron Moore's Podcasts, Ron did say that he wanted much more out of the Pegasus encounter than the two episodes TOS had.
Also, We know from the casting  / filming that they do go back to Caprica to get the freedom fighters (because Starbuck Get's to have a real relationship with the guy she left behind. She talked Ron Moore into it....)

Makes for an incredible second half season IMO.

And I got to say this one more time, TiVo Rocks!
I get to watch that episode over and over and over and over and over again.....
Then, at 9:15 PM, I fire up the Episode again, Watch it (42 minutes is the episode length sans commercials) and when it finishes, BOOM the new episode starts....
Maybe I will start at 8:30 and watch both Prior episodes then the new one.....
Heck, If I start Thursday, I can watch the mini-series, Season 1 and Season 2.0 then watch the new episodes...............

Jan 09 06 10:20 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Ty Simone wrote:
I have two words for that episode. HOLY @#$^&@!!!!

Just when you think things can not possibly be any better for the show, Boom! an episode like that.

Ok, My predicition (sorry Canadians... You may want to stop here if you do not like the poilers thing...)

Starbuck will not kill Cain. She will however relieve her of duty. The Pegasus XO will not kill Adama. I think Security on the bridge will be so tight there that the Marines will not be in a position to help. (Remember, Adama got shot by Boomer on his own bridge. I think that anyone coming close to the bridge with a gun right now would be pulverized.... I could be wrong though) Furthermore, I think the XO does not agree with Cain at all, and once he learns that Starbuck has removed Cain, he will follow Adama's lead.

For those that have not been listening to Ron Moore's Podcasts, Ron did say that he wanted much more out of the Pegasus encounter than the two episodes TOS had.
Also, We know from the casting  / filming that they do go back to Caprica to get the freedom fighters (because Starbuck Get's to have a real relationship with the guy she left behind. She talked Ron Moore into it....)

Makes for an incredible second half season IMO.

And I got to say this one more time, TiVo Rocks!
I get to watch that episode over and over and over and over and over again.....
Then, at 9:15 PM, I fire up the Episode again, Watch it (42 minutes is the episode length sans commercials) and when it finishes, BOOM the new episode starts....
Maybe I will start at 8:30 and watch both Prior episodes then the new one.....
Heck, If I start Thursday, I can watch the mini-series, Season 1 and Season 2.0 then watch the new episodes...............

I did the same...but with the downloads on my computer.  Sorry to say they are rips...but, the BSG powers that be learned from their mistakes and now offer a download from Itunes...I was downloading via bit torrent.  Now I will happily pay to see the show if I miss it.  Plus, I also have TIVO now.

I don't know if Starbuck will smoke her or not.  I would just like to see the two fight for a while.  Maybe rip some clothes!

Jan 09 06 10:48 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

I'm going to miss tonights episode!!!  Frack!

Jan 13 06 03:02 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

FCC Startles Television With New Rules Regarding the Word "Frak"
Jan 11, 2005
The FCC today has added "Frak" to the list of words not allowed to be used during prime time broadcast television. Howard Marconi, a spokes person for the FCC, responded to questions about this change of philosophy in censorship.
"When a television program uses a word as a substitute for a known vulgar word on a regular basis, than it is no different than using the vulgarity itself."

This response was clearly directed at Ron Moore and the Sci-Fi channel's Battlestar Galactica. In previous episodes, the word Frak was used in a myriad of ways.
"Frak me."
"You got to be frakking kidding."
"Who the frak are you?"
"I hate this frakking Job."
"At least I am not frakking the Vice President."

According to Marconi, the turning point in the FCC's decision making process was in this weeks episode where the character Admiral Cain tells Captain Starbuck, "Frak You!"

This decision by the FCC does not directly affect the show itself, as it is a cable show that airs at 10 pm. It will however affect the way the show will play on network television, where NBC has previously broadcast episodes, and eventually the syndication of second run programming.

More startling however is this new direction the FCC is taking. Soon words like Darn, Screw, Heck, and Frig may be banned as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jan 13 06 06:55 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

FRAK the FCC!

Jan 13 06 10:06 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

bencook2 wrote:
FRAK the FCC!

It was parody... Really :-)

but I agree!

Jan 13 06 10:11 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

BSG = ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

what a horrible rendition...and where the hell was tweeky???

Jan 13 06 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Ty Simone

Edison, New Jersey, US

BCG wrote:
BSG = ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

what a horrible rendition...and where the hell was tweeky???

BSG or BCG ? smile

Tweeky is Buck Rogers!
Get your Sci-fi Straight.

You are thinking boxy and Muffit. They axed Boxie after like 2 episodes.
No Muffit forth coming.

Jan 13 06 10:59 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Ty Simone wrote:

BSG or BCG ? smile

Tweeky is Buck Rogers!
Get your Sci-fi Straight.

You are thinking boxy and Muffit. They axed Boxie after like 2 episodes.
No Muffit forth coming.

col wilma dearing was HOT.

Jan 13 06 11:37 am Link

Photographer

Lance Nichols

Markham, Ontario, Canada

You have to be frakin' kidding?

BTW, Season two just started here in Canada... OMG, I can't wait until next week!!!!!

Don't feel too sorry about us Canadians, we got the good Doctor a whole season before you Yanks. smile

Jan 14 06 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Episode 212 was great!

If you have not seen it, the "SciFi inside Battlestar" episode is a free download at itunes.

Jan 16 06 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Episode 212 was great!

If you have not seen it, the "SciFi inside Battlestar" episode is a free download at itunes.

Jan 16 06 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Not a great episode.   It will turn out to be a key episode.  But it was not that great.  100% Exposition.

Jan 20 06 10:49 pm Link