Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Why Whitney? Why?

Photographer

Aswad Issa

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

I am very sad about this. I see a picture of Whitney Houston today that was taken recently. She's out at 4AM in morning (on an alleged drug binge) wearing a $40,000 mink coat with her pajamas underneath. She really looked like a crack zombie. Oh God help her!!! I can't even write about it anymore. This is heartbreaking...

Jan 11 06 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

She set herself on the downward spiral.  I don't feel sorry for her.  Anyone who throws away such a wonderful gift isn't deserving of pity.

Jan 11 06 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Her mediocrity seems to have caught up with her.  And don't even get me started about her one-hit-wonder husband.  If we can just get their silly lives out of the papers the world will be a better place.

Jan 11 06 09:05 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

I thought she had a great voice.   I always wished she would have gone back to her roots of gospel.

I think Oleta Adams is so awesome.   Whitney needs more than a little Oleta in her life.

Jan 11 06 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

"Cocaine's a serious drug" - Rick James

Jan 11 06 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

MHana wrote:
I thought she had a great voice.   I always wished she would have gone back to her roots of gospel.

I think Oleta Adams is so awesome.   Whitney needs more than a little Oleta in her life.

wow, I thought I was the only one who thought that and knew who Oleta was.Dammit whyd you have to go and do that. I have to like you now smile

I remember when Whitney first made it big(in the music biz, geez man), I had a poster of her on my wall when she had very short BLONDE hair.
I think even Bobby had a good voice in his prime when he actually sang.

Jan 11 06 09:32 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:
wow, I thought I was the only one who thought that and knew who Oleta was.Dammit whyd you have to go and do that. I have to like you now smile

I remember when Whitney first made it big(in the music biz, geez man), I had a poster of her on my wall when she had very short BLONDE hair.

Same here. 

She is great isn't she.   Quite inspirational.   Did you see her with Kanya West at the awards show?

I thought she was all that before she switched back but now more than ever.

I am a person who believes in all religions so I rather relaxed about it all, but Whitney needs some in her life.

Jan 11 06 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

MHana wrote:

Same here. 

She is great isn't she.   Quite inspirational.   Did you see her with Kanya West at the awards show?

I thought she was all that before she switched back but now more than ever.

I am a person who believes in all religions so I rather relaxed about it all, but Whitney needs some in her life.

I didnt watch the awards, now I wish I had cause she was on there.

Jan 11 06 09:47 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

I didnt watch the awards, now I wish I had cause she was on there.

One of needs to get a copy of THAT tape.  It is worth it.

Jan 11 06 09:48 pm Link

Photographer

Aswad Issa

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

MHana wrote:

Whitney really was great in her prime. She starting falling apart on her 3rd album. She gave some really wierd interviews circa '89. Personally, I think her mother didn't raise her right.

Jan 11 06 09:51 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

I just can't believe she was pumping her own gas.

Jan 11 06 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

Aswad Issa

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
Her mediocrity seems to have caught up with her.  And don't even get me started about her one-hit-wonder husband.  If we can just get their silly lives out of the papers the world will be a better place.

Oh come on Melvin! That's not nice. Bobby had more than one hit...

Jan 11 06 09:54 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Ed Burns Photography wrote:

No no no... it is "cocaine is a hell of a drug.. "

"I didnt put my feet on Eddie's couch, I got more sense than that."

2 seconds later...

"Hell yeah I put my feet on Eddie's couch." - Rick James

"fuck yo couch!! I'm Rick James bitch! "  - Dave Chappelle as Rick James

Not to go 'off topic' or anything smile

Whitney has been cracked out since she met Bobby. It's sad really.

Jan 11 06 09:54 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

http://www.wavsite.com/sounds/17664/ferris20.wav

Jan 11 06 09:56 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Anyone else watch "The Soup"?

As WHitney would say...

"KISS MY ASS!"

wink

Jan 11 06 10:00 pm Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

Model Sarah wrote:

No no no... it is "cocaine is a hell of a drug.. "

"I didnt put my feet on Eddie's couch, I got more sense then that."

2 seconds later...

"Hell yeah I put my feet on Eddie's couch." - Rick James

"fuck yo couch!! I'm Rick James bitch! "  - Dave Chappelle as Rick James

Not to go 'off topic' or anything smile

Whitney has been cracked out since she met Bobby. It's sad really.

Damnit, I just realized that and was gonna' try and correct it before anyone caught it.

Jan 11 06 10:00 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Damnit, I just realized that and was gonna' try and correct it before anyone caught it.

That is so classic. I love it.

Dave Chappelle.. Dayton's finest.

Jan 11 06 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Model Sarah wrote:
That is so classic. I love it.

Dave Chappelle.. Dayton's finest.

Hes a Buckeye? Ok I take back ever admitting I was from Cincinnati,lol. wait, no I dont, youre a buckeye too. that makes up for him.

Jan 11 06 10:06 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

Hes a Buckeye? Ok I take back ever admitting I was from Cincinnati,lol. wait, no I dont, youre a buckeye too. that makes up for him.

Oh come on... unlike Whitney, Dave Chappelle is a creative crackhead.

smile

Jan 11 06 10:18 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Model Sarah wrote:

Oh come on... unlike Whitney, Dave Chappelle is a creative crackhead.

smile

ok, ive laughed a couple times smile
a couple.

Jan 11 06 10:20 pm Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:

According to the police, hes a multiple-hit-wonder husband tongue Sorry couldnt resist. I cant stand either of them.

Jan 11 06 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

Lens N Light

Bradford, Vermont, US

William Kious wrote:
She set herself on the downward spiral.  I don't feel sorry for her.  Anyone who throws away such a wonderful gift isn't deserving of pity.

Yah, I guess you're right, but I will always have a soft spot for her since she sang a song that chokes me up every time I her it; "One Moment In Time". It means a LOT to me and I love it.

Jan 11 06 10:27 pm Link

Model

K-A

Healdsburg, California, US

Glamour Boulevard wrote:

I have to agree, Bobby Brown is not only a very good singer but an engaging performer. I watched a snippet of a show that he did maybe a year ago and I was floored.  Despite all the drug abuse and drama, he gave a damn good performance.  I honestly expected it to be awful.

Jan 11 06 10:30 pm Link

Photographer

Empyrean Photography

Anaheim, California, US

Aswad Issa wrote:
I am very sad about this. I see a picture of Whitney Houston today that was taken recently. She's out at 4AM in morning (on an alleged drug binge) wearing a $40,000 mink coat with her pajamas underneath. She really looked like a crack zombie. Oh God help her!!! I can't even write about it anymore. This is heartbreaking...

If what you say is true, my heart goes out to her as well. 

When any of us hit bottom, no matter the reason, this is the time we need to the most love and care, in my opinion.

I hope somehow Whitney can remember the truth about herself...that she is precious and awesome being, full of worth and goodness despite this outward appearance to the contrary.

Jan 11 06 10:39 pm Link

Photographer

William Kious

Delphos, Ohio, US

Andre DeLoach wrote:
I hope somehow Whitney can remember the truth about herself...that she is precious and awesome being, full of worth and goodness despite this outward appearance to the contrary.

Precious my ass.  I don't agree with such a soft attitude toward this kind of crap.  Have you considered that being a crack-whore is the truth about Whitney Houston?

Jan 12 06 01:10 am Link

Photographer

Aswad Issa

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

William Kious wrote:

Precious my ass.  I don't agree with such a soft attitude toward this kind of crap.  Have you considered that being a crack-whore is the truth about Whitney Houston?

William... how can you say that? Whitney is not a crack whore!

Its mean to kick people when they are down and out.

Jan 12 06 09:03 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Aswad Issa wrote:

William... how can you say that? Whitney is not a crack whore!

Its mean to kick people when they are down and out.

How about the millions of fans she's disappointed or the thousands of impressionable kids she's negatively affecting with her drug habit or the money her record company is losing on her or what her kids are going through or what she's put her family through or what she does to herself.

She had a gift and decided to throw it away on drugs.

I don't see a gun pointed to her head when she's hitt'n that pipe!

Jan 12 06 09:16 am Link

Model

K-A

Healdsburg, California, US

Intolerance abounds!

Jan 12 06 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Aswad Issa

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

C R Photography wrote:

How about the millions of fans she's disappointed or the thousands of impressionable kids she's negatively affecting with her drug habit or the money her record company is losing on her or what her kids are going through or what she's put her family through or what she does to herself.

She had a gift and decided to throw it away on drugs.

I don't see a gun pointed to her head when she's hitt'n that pipe!

I honestly don't think she "decided" to throw away her gift. I just think that she stopped loving herself somewhere along the way.

Jan 12 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

John Van

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands

First Elvis, now Whitney. Some things never change.

And I won't spend one more minute worrying about it or feeling sorry for them.

Jan 12 06 02:05 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

MHana wrote:

Yes, or at least some serious NA and a higher power.

Jan 12 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

quietnow

The story of whitney is a lesson to all of us:

Be careful who you marry.

I watched their stupid show recently, and it is very obvious what the problem is. Bobby brown is introducing himself to people around the world and they're like 'who the hell are you?'

Then he says 'I'm married to whitney houston' and the eyes light up.

He lives in her massive shadow an is taking her down with his jealousy. She's a classy lady that is being dragged down by someone who is still in the ghetto, no matter how big the house is.

Rant over.

Jan 12 06 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

Aswad Issa

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

pkun1 wrote:
The story of whitney is a lesson to all of us:

Be careful who you marry.

I watched their stupid show recently, and it is very obvious what the problem is. Bobby brown is introducing himself to people around the world and they're like 'who the hell are you?'

Then he says 'I'm married to whitney houston' and the eyes light up.

He lives in her massive shadow an is taking her down with his jealousy. She's a classy lady that is being dragged down by someone who is still in the ghetto, no matter how big the house is.

Rant over.

Interesting opinion.

Alot of people blame Bobby for Whitney's downfall, but that's just not true if you look at the facts. Whitney was doing coke long before she met Bobby. She was even known for doing coke when she was with Wilhelmina Models. If anything, they consemated their marriage over a few lines of coke; because Whitney was already using for many years when she met Bobby. If you watch the show, Bobby seems to be somewhat coherant and down to earth... Whitney is a sociopathic mess. Bobby was doing okay up until he married her... then he got lazy with his career, in my opinion.

Jan 12 06 11:37 pm Link