Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > PK is in TROUBLE... help her AND me!

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Got this email you're about to read this morning.  I've known PK for several years.  She's in her late 30's... she's probably about 30 pounds overweight for her height (a few inches shorter than me at around 5'6")... alittle busty and alittle junk in the trunk... BUT... a very attractive shape for her stature.  She has a teenage daughter who she claims is bangin just about every boy at the high school... with LOADS of stress in her life as a result... she has referred dozens of models to me over the years.  She's only worked small, part-time meaningly jobs in the past (bein a mommy with a kid to raise) and feels very insecure in the business world.  If you were to meet her, you'd shake hands with the most warm hearted, well wishing, fun loving, kind spirited, genuinely sweet person that you could ever hope to have as a friend.  She's attractive and dresses like a true professional when she's out and about... she's well educated (reads loads of books)... has a silky smooth voice that can easily captivate an audience of listeners.  She got married at a VERY young age to a guy who is now a minipulating, controlling, insulting, arrogant bastard.  He's around 6'6"... about 270... could have easily been a linebacker in the NFL.  He's good lookin and he makes a BOATLOAD of money, as he owns his own (daddy hand me down) business in the San Diego area.  PK used to love this guy with all her heart, and I think she still does... but now she sees him for the monster that he really is.  He's cheated on her a few times that she knows of, and thinks he's probably done just about every slutty bitch in the office building.  A girl at the office Christmas party that she didnt know from Adam told her that she should really keep a tighter leash on her husband... hmmmmm!   She's brushed off seeking professional help (even thou I've told her thats what she NEEDS to do) for a few years... too prideful... never wanting to push her problems off on someone else.  I really like PK... not interested in a relationship with her thou... sex sometimes has a way of fuckin up a good friendship... and I DONT want to lose her as a friend.  She sees me as a MAJOR player anyway (got her fooled... LOL) and she refers many models to me from her years and years of shopping trips at the mall, and I dont want to mess up a good thing, if you know what I mean.   

OK... here's the deal.  After reading this, and her email below, shoot me back a message on what you think I should do about this.  She's not listening to most of my feedback... maybe she'll listen to yours... wink

hey gar...

i'm sorry i haven't gotton back with you!!  i have enrolled in a cheezy
6 month class for medical front office administration. i "graduate" in 3
weeks. i was involved in an internship, which was 8 hours a day.....in
addition to school.....my time was definately monopolized!!!!

things on kelly's "as the stomach turns" soap life.......have escalated
to an all-time high. sex now, is obsolete. as he put it to me......."think
about it kelly, how would YOU like some fat, sweaty guy rolling all over YOU?"   when i am talking about my day......he increases the volume of the tv to 900 decibals....as to drown me out. he has distanced himself from me
completely.....going to the boat every weekend by himself.....planning to buy himself an expensive hummer.....and my favorite............the silence.  instead of my previous mental complaints and heart-breaks.....im searchin for a job and have a goal to leave in the summer. in the meantime, i need to busy myself with work and activities in my life in order to separate myself from this monster.

so......how is gary???? how your mom doing???? have you completed any more of your movie scripts???? have you gone to hawaii again, as you had dreamed of????  is there anyone new in gare-meister's life????   tell me , tell me, tell me!!!  hope to hear from you soon......

princess kelly

Jan 12 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

George Diego Photo

Leander, Texas, US

Nothing. She's an adult and should be able to handle her own problems. If you want to lend a sympathetic ear, that's fine, but all action rests on her. Don't try to be the hero that swoops in to save her. She's obviously not mentally handicapped or invalid in anyway. Save your energy and efforts for those that truly need it. let her take care of her own business.

If you are really interested in helping people in need get a job as a social worker or fireman smile

Good luck!

-Geo

Jan 12 06 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Vito

Brooklyn, New York, US

What school is her daughter going to?

smile

Just kidding.
Really, she has to be willing to help herself before anyone else can help her.

Jan 12 06 01:20 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

This is a terrible thing. Unfortunately it happens all the time. And, until she makes a decision to change, there really is NOTHING you can do, even though it makes your heart break. I have tried to rescue people before, and i have had people try to rescue me, and in pretty much every case, it appears that the only person who can change their life is themselves, after they make a decision to do so. She hasn't done so yet.

Any therapist will tell you the same thing. Until she admits she cannot control her life by herself, and goes to get help, there is nothing you can do. Once she decides to get help (if she does) there are maybe a few things you can do. If she leaves him and has nowhere to go, help her find an apartment or a shelter. If you have her stay with you, limit it to a few weeks, or you will end up being her next enabler.

Seeing other people hurt really sucks. Sometimes, for your own mental health you do have to pull away. The only way you can provide support for anyone else is to be in a good place yourself.

This is from someone who did suffer times of homelessness and lack of support from her family...I am not saying this from a 'spoiled' ignorant perspective. I am saying this from the perspective of someone who has seen and been surrounded by suicidal people and drug overdoses.

To save my own life, I had to leave a lot of these people behind, and accepting that the only person I could help was myself was one of the hardest things for me to do.

Jan 12 06 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

Kalamazoo, Michigan, US

I agree with the above statement...

As much as we all would like to control other people's actions...we simply can't.

We may *think* we know what's best for a person, but until you've walked a mile in their shoes...all you really know is what YOU THINK you know whats best.

(I've had loads of "help" from people in my past who really just made things worse with their "help" rather than improvements).

The best thing to do is offer advice, and be there if/when she needs it.

Thats really all you can do, (forcing someone to do something will eventually come back to bite you...and may ruin a good friendship).  Its crappy, but she's an adult with adult problems...

Jan 12 06 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

You take the time to make sure you address her by initials, which I assume is to not give her name out. Then you leave her name as she types it at the end of her letter?

Anyway, she`s a Big girl.If there is one thing I have learned , that is you can not play Momma Hen to people, especially your models.

Jan 12 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

ELANFOTOS

Miami, Florida, US

follow all the above advice,, tread lightly... photogs are known to have herosimplexcomplex- its a debilitating disease that is known to take your career away

Jan 12 06 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Best thing and only thing you should do is listen.

Don’t' give advise, don't offer her $$, don't refer her to someone.

Just listen and support her emotionally.

If you want this friendship to last, that's what you do.

After that, buy a gun because if her husband finds your playa’s ass, you'll need it wink

Jan 12 06 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Lapis wrote:
there really is NOTHING you can do, even though it makes your heart break. If she leaves him and has nowhere to go, help her find an apartment or a shelter. If you have her stay with you, limit it to a few weeks, or you will end up being her next enabler. Sometimes, for your own mental health you do have to pull away.

Actually, it IS kind of a heartbreaker... ;(   She is a super sweetheart of a person.  I do have a place or 2 that she could probably stay at, but YOUR RIGHT... I do NOT want to be her next enabler... and I dont want her to think that by offering her a place, that I have other intentions.  For a few years, she has suffered in this marriage with the problems that you've read about... and for a few years, I've been pulling back to do just that... keep MY mental health.  I've received around a half a dozen e-mails from her over the last year or so, with all this 'woe is me' negativity shit goin on in her life, and I'm seriously hatin to see her go thru all of this. 

And Lapis... awesome advise girlfren... U rock!  Glad to see you're a surviver... wink

Jan 12 06 02:28 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thank you. I wish you the best as well. Maybe now is the time to enable yourself and have a (substance of your choice here). (Only advocating LEGAL substances like caffeine or beer of course....lol)

Jan 12 06 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Lapis wrote:
Thank you. I wish you the best as well. Maybe now is the time to enable yourself and have a (substance of your choice here). (Only advocating LEGAL substances like caffeine or beer of course....lol)

Yeah... I hear where you're comin from there girlfren.  Maybe I should invite her out for a few drinks... both of us gettin shit-faced.  Don't know what that would solve, but Im sure we'd be laughin our asses off... wink

Jan 12 06 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

I would like to thank all those who posted with some feedback.  I have taken pieces of everything you have all mentioned, and responded back to Kelly with an appropriate email.  If things get wild and crazy, I'll keep you posted on this thread as to the 'trials and tribulations' of Princess Kelly... wink

Jan 12 06 03:02 pm Link