Forums > General Industry > he showed up at my house!

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

a little while ago-i was having a photographer sending me threats via email-that he was gona charge me with slander/defamation of character.
he sent me an extremely rude message-so i found his number and called and left a message right after reading it.  i said that i would show people the message to warn them about him-and he responded with threatening a lawsuit.
anyway-after recieving rude message after rude message-and hanging up on him and unplugging the answering machine so he couldn't contact me. i filtered his messages-and informed him that any future attempts at contacting me would result in a restraining order against him.
well-earlier today-the idiot shows up at my house! i was sick in bed-so i didn't answer the door. about 20mins ago-i checked and found an envelope-no address-opened-in between my front doors.  he even wrote a letter with the disc.
i don't know about you guys-but it looks like he's totally violated my wishes. i think i do need to file that restraining order if he's gona do things like this.
i also took a look at the pictures and half of them were blurry and out of focus-and he claims to be a professional?
he's papperazzi. goes around to night clubs and takes pix of the people.
why do i have to deal with these psychotic losers all the time?

Feb 16 06 02:07 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

Sounds like your typical GWC psycho situation. I would go ahead with the restraining order if you know his current address/phone number to give the cops. Definitely file a complaint about him...if you feel that this guy is invading your space, and/or threatening you in any way, then you should report him.

Feb 16 06 02:28 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Two things here:

1) Defamation: He sent the e-mails to you so you are one party to that communication - just like being one half of a telephone conversation. You can do practically what you want with them or the information in them - show them to people - send them to people - even publish them. There is an absolute [nearly] defence in defamation and that is "TRUTH." As long as you don't alter anything in the text, and let the e-mails speak for themselves, the "truth" of it is of his own making.

2) Harassment: As he does have your address and telephone number; and as he actually has called you and now shown up at your house after you have told him not to - it's TRO time.

Studio36

Feb 16 06 02:28 pm Link

Model

CarolineVictoria

Beverly Hills, California, US

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

Feb 16 06 02:30 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Total stalkarazzi.
Stick it to this *sshole.

Feb 16 06 02:33 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

So what did you do to him so he acted this way? Always two sides to a story...

Feb 16 06 02:34 pm Link

Model

Sonya Marie

Tucson, Arizona, US

How freaky!! Sorry to hear about it!

Feb 16 06 02:35 pm Link

Model

Los Angeles, California, US

Sorry that this happened to you. Try to get a PO Box and not give out your home address. I've had too many issues with people showing up at my door step...or waiting for me to get home! Also be careful when you fill out releases and applications, don't put anything down that you wouldn't want a guy digging through the trash to find - or a sweaty palmed intern to get ahold of.

If you get caught in a public place, just pretend they have the wrong person "Sorry I think you have the wrong person" or "That's really flattering but no I'm just a boring accountant" or "No Habla Ingles" or "Let go of me you freak! HELP HELP" funny but then not

Feb 16 06 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

Lee_D

Florence, South Carolina, US

Yikes, that's scary stuff!!!  May I ask what initiated all of this?  What was the reason for his sending the threatening message in the first place?

Feb 16 06 02:37 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

pamela mars wrote:
i also took a look at the pictures and half of them were blurry and out of focus-and he claims to be a professional?
he's papperazzi. goes around to night clubs and takes pix of the people.

Did you not review his work before you agreed to shoot with him?
Being that you are an experienced model one would suggest you did.
If the images you recieved are not up to par with what his portfolio suggests then is he a fake posting others work?

Feb 16 06 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Yep go get the order and when or if he bothers you again you will have all you need to have him arrested but hopefully just the order will make him back down and you will never hear from him again.

Model

Deah Major

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

That's crazy...I mean he's crazy!!!!!!!!

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

So I’m guessing since you were slandering his name he was trying to get the CD to you. Perhaps he wants nothing more than for you to leave him alone too.

Feb 16 06 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

DCartist

Gaithersburg, Maryland, US

I don't know, it feels like it's only half a story, then you still got the photographer's side.. What happened to even get to that point in the first place

Feb 16 06 02:42 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

JM Dean wrote:
So I’m guessing since you were slandering his name he was trying to get the CD to you. Perhaps he wants nothing more than for you to leave him alone too.

Valid point.

Feb 16 06 02:43 pm Link

Photographer

DRL - imagography

Austin, Texas, US

Pamela

Hard to tell from your initial posting what led to this situation, and perhaps that is not any of our business.  It does sound like the situation has reached a point where something needs to be done.  I suggest taking all the documentation that you have and talking to the police.  At this stage the thing you really want to accomplish is to have a complete break from this person so that you can get on with your life without fear of this guy.

Good luck.

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

JM Dean wrote:
So what did you do to him so he acted this way? Always two sides to a story...

i asked him for the disc from a shoot we did-he said i had them already-but i didn't.
then he said he lost them and that we could set up another shoot.  i told him that i wouldn't shoot if there was no mua and that i questioned his professionalism.
then he freaked out at me.

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

studio36uk wrote:
Two things here:

1) Defamation: He sent the e-mails to you so you are one party to that communication - just like being one half of a telephone conversation. You can do practically what you want with them or the information in them - show them to people - send them to people - even publish them. There is an absolute [nearly] defence in defamation and that is "TRUTH." As long as you don't alter anything in the text, and let the e-mails speak for themselves, the "truth" of it is of his own making.

2) Harassment: As he does have your address and telephone number; and as he actually has called you and now shown up at your house after you have told him not to - it's TRO time.

Studio36

thank you.

Feb 16 06 02:44 pm Link

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

JM Dean wrote:

he wasn't trying to get it to me.
i wasn't slandering his name.
there's a lot i'm not saying right now-it should stay private cuz it can get him into A LOT of legal issues.

Feb 16 06 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Craig A McKenzie

Marine City, Michigan, US

Thats what give photgraphers a bad name, please don't let one rotten apple spoil the rest.  Take this issue to the authorities.  Do not delay.

Model

Lelah G

Inglewood, California, US

Of course the question would be, what went wrong in the business relationship or photo shoot agreement to make him retaliate like that?  It isn't too often that people just pick a person to go crazy on.  And for as much information that he has on you, do you have JUST AS MUCH information on him to even file a restraining order, if not anything further?

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

As I said before, Model Mayhem is a site for Hot girls and the guys who stalk them.

smile

Feb 16 06 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

DCartist

Gaithersburg, Maryland, US

pamela mars wrote:

i asked him for the disc from a shoot we did-he said i had them already-but i didn't.
then he said he lost them and that we could set up another shoot.  i told him that i wouldn't shoot if there was no mua and that i questioned his professionalism.
then he freaked out at me.

Was he professional @ the first shoot? what makes it not professional for not having a mua on the shoot?

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Envy wrote:

Did you not review his work before you agreed to shoot with him?
Being that you are an experienced model one would suggest you did.
If the images you recieved are not up to par with what his portfolio suggests then is he a fake posting others work?

he works for a rather popular site and my friend knew him.
she's no longer friends with him either.

Photographer

Ron B Blake

Macomb, Illinois, US

want to know what i see?

two people fighting fire with fire threatening each other with will do this or that or this.

I think both behaviors are childish and unprofessional someone looking for a law suit or some sort of love hate relationship

I think we have all had butted heads with certain individuals and believe me i have had my share or sent competitor puppets looking to fabricate drama and push buttons in e mail but could never think or behave in a sincere professional manner

Bottom line

fabricated drama airing out dirty laundry in forums

Feb 16 06 02:49 pm Link

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

DCartist wrote:

Was he professional @ the first shoot? what makes it not professional for not having a mua on the shoot?

i questioned his professionalism for the reasons i cannot state publicly.
and i rarely shoot without a mua anymore.

Feb 16 06 02:50 pm Link

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Ron B Blake wrote:
want to know what i see?

two people fighting fire with fire threatening each other with will do this or that or this.

I think both behaviors are childish and unprofessional someone looking for a law suit or some sort of love hate relationship

I think we have all had butted heads with certain individuals and believe me i have had my share or sent competitor puppets looking to fabricate drama and push buttons in e mail but could never think or behave in a sincere professional manner

Bottom line

trust me-this story is not fabricated

Feb 16 06 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

It’s hard to form an opinion without the whole story from both sides. Welcome to Mayhem court. smile

Feb 16 06 02:53 pm Link

Model

pamela mars

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

JM Dean wrote:
It’s hard to form an opinion without the whole story from both sides. Welcome to Mayhem court. smile

i'm itching to just come out and tell everyone the complete details of everything incl the fact that he's a ____ ____.

Feb 16 06 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

pamela mars wrote:

i'm itching to just come out and tell everyone the complete details of everything incl the fact that he's a ____ ____.

But hold it in cause it would just be your side of the story wink All Rise smile

I’m not taking his side just looking at things in a different way.

Feb 16 06 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArt

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

pamela mars wrote:
unplugging the answering machine so he couldn't contact me.

WOW, you still have an answering machine???  J/k--That guy does sound pretty creepy.  I would suggest taking out a restraining order just to show that you mean business.  Plus, if he violates the restraining order, you'll have a solid legal foundation for taking further action against him (i.e., calling the police!).

Feb 16 06 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

Ron B Blake wrote:
want to know what i see?

Bottom line

co sign x __________________
I know one thing, if someone was threatening me, I wouldn't be calling them that's for sure.

Feb 16 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

DeBoer Photography

Melbourne, Florida, US

Eric S. wrote:
As I said before, Model Mayhem is a site for Hot girls and the guys who stalk them.

smile

You know, Eric, since you posted your pic...a lot of girls may be stalking YOU as well... wink

Feb 16 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Ron B Blake

Macomb, Illinois, US

or posting on forums in MM court room attorney advice

call the police or a lawyer is whats in order if the title of your forum carries truth

""he showed up at my house!""

Feb 16 06 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

shabaka

WINSTON SALEM, North Carolina, US

JM Dean wrote:

But hold it in cause it would just be your side of the story wink All Rise smile

I’m not taking his side just looking at things in a different way.

Greetings,

I agree with what he said... I try not to make a judgement until I hear both sides...maybe you (you being the op) just beat the "crazy photographer"  to the punch outing his behavior before he had a chance to out you...or maybe not...I don't know...and that is the my point!

Take care,
AJ

Feb 16 06 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

KT Imaging

New York, New York, US

Wait a couple of days to see if things cool off.  If he's no longer bothering you, then just forget about it and move on.  Life's too short to mess with arseholes.

***If you feel your life is in danger, then ignore the above and call the cops!

Feb 16 06 03:40 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I would go ahead with the restraining order if you know his current address/phone number to give the cops. Definitely file a complaint about him...if you feel that this guy is invading your space, and/or threatening you in any way, then you should report him.

Exactly.  I had problems with a stalker "photographer" that went on for about a year and a half.  I got the police involved three times, but there was ultimately nothing they could do because he hadn't broken any laws (yet); these days, stalking laws in Washington are a lot more strict to handle online stuff, too.  It took me publically posting all of the details of the last several months (and believe me, at first he tried to threaten me with libel/defamation of character, too) to get him to FINALLY leave me alone.

http://www.josienutter.com/?page=modelfaq#q6

Even if he does end up being nothing more than a harmless freak, get a paper trail going.  Better safe than sorry.

And definitely share your experiences here:

http://www.theibl.com

Feb 16 06 03:50 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

Well, the way I see it...you got lucky this time. Next time, the photographer might not just leave the package.

It does sound to me like he probably doesn't want any more trouble at this point. However, at the outset of any threatening emails, I would not have called him at all. I would have researched his information and handed everything over to the police.

Hindsight is always 20/20, and of course all your friends know better, but you really need to be careful out there.

Feb 16 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Ron B Blake wrote:
want to know what i see?

Bottom line

fabricated drama like your accusations against ME for sexual harrassment???

Feb 16 06 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

pamela mars wrote:

Should have hired me.  I am psycho free!  And I do not stalk models as I'm too lazy to put in the required effort.

Feb 16 06 04:04 pm Link