Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > to date or not to date a younger woman

A man and woman wed.  Even before engagement, both knew the woman was dying of cancer.  Their thinking was simply they wanted to be together, for however long it lasted, because today (not necessarily tomorrow or the next day, which are promised to no one) would be better.

Similarly, in considering dates or mates, disregard age, but never forget to treat others with compassion, love and respect.  Thus, if you care for this woman in the sense you want the best for her, then tell her so, and date and pursue her.  If you just want sex, then do not.

Life is all about relationships, and isn't it a miracle how each is different, special and unique?  Father - son, mother - daughter, brother - brother, etc.  Perhaps the deepest and greatest though is the romantic one.  Life is short, and if there is the possbility of commitment and love with this woman, and you care for her, my personal thought, for what little it may be worth, is do not waste a moment, even today, communicating with, dating, encouraging and pursuing her.  Any of us can die tomorrow, but today maybe you can accompany, cheer and love each other.

Mar 04 06 06:16 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
my observations...

im 45...
95% of the single women my age (36-50) are clingy, insecure, ..and just plain nuts..if they aren't..they're married or in a relationship......

women 26-35..
i am invisable to 95% of this demographic..they are still looking for the best deal..best looking, richest guy they can find..and they will find him, or drop into my single 36-50 year old group...

women 18-25..
they just love..for loves sake..they are the easiest to be around..they want nothing, but to enjoy...its really refreshing...now while i am not "looking" for a relationship..if i am out to dinner or just hanging with someone..its probably in this demographic...

so it makes sense to me...

I kind of disagree with you. I find that older women know what they want, they're confident because they have things of their own and they should have accomplished a lot. I don't think they are crazy.

The 18-25, they love like that because they don't know what they want. They're just looking for a good time, which is what that time is meant for.

Mar 04 06 07:43 pm Link

Photographer

DeBoer Photography

Melbourne, Florida, US

Seth wrote:
One thing I have heard about dating younger woman (or men) is that you should never go lower than half your age, plus seven years.   You do the math.

It's an interesting formula, if nothing else

The formula is interesting because if you apply it to a young male...let's say a 10 year old...

He should date a girl who is older (i.e., a 12-year-old).  smile

For the sake of completing the circle...what about older women dating younger men?

What would most people think/feel about a 41-year-old woman dating a 21-year-old male?  Would it cause the same reaction as a 41-year-old male dating a 21-year-old female?

Mar 04 06 08:14 pm Link

Model

Diane ly

Manhattan, Illinois, US

every man in nyc does it.  why not you? smile  LOL. 

no but seriously age doesn't mean anything.  it's just a number.  my parents are 10 years apart and happily married smile

Mar 04 06 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

WBV Artography

San Antonio, Texas, US

I'd give it serious thought-is she just for fun and what if one of you decides it's serious and the other doesn't?

Age-difference...men usually die sooner than woman.   What if you knock her up and kick when the kids is five and she's in her late 20's?

I was diabetic for 36 years.  Had a strike and renal failure in '01.   Transplant two years in May.

I look at it like the worst thing I could do was saddle some girl/woman with that knowing I have about an eight to ten year life expectancy.

Just my personal opinion-I won't do it but if you are healthy and consider the consequences go for it.  Might be the best thing you've ever had in your life next to jalapenos and cigars.

Mar 04 06 09:51 pm Link

Model

MONIKA KOVACS

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

leila wrote:
i actually think thats just natural..but thats my views

Been there done it. I was very much in love with a man 20 years my senior - I was 20'ish. We were over after about 2 years. It was not age factor - THAT was never an issue.

Even though I loved him back in the day, I was a different girl back then.  I am a much better person and more of a woman than I have ever been before. Life and love teaches a lot about ourselves, and if we are smart, we do like fine vine and age with grace and improve all around.

I am more mature in my ways, more rounded and so much more aware and therefore know what I want out of life...then ever before.  I also have better ideas about who I want to make part of my life, romantically, and otherwise.

I love older man...I just always have.  But age is not the main factor - there IS a lot more to a man than his age.

Go for it...what ARE you waiting for???  Someone might just comes along and takes her from before you!!!!  No you can't come back here and post about that .... that is to go in your diary!!!!

You never know... It can be an exaltation and celebration of life, you will get to know a side of you that you may have never met before. But like anything in life, enjoy..than see it for what it IS not what you would like it to be...

Lot's of good lovin'....
M-onika

Mar 05 06 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

Done and Gone

Chiredzi, Masvingo, Zimbabwe

Big Chicken!!! Get after it, figure out what it is later.

Mar 05 06 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

San Anselmo, California, US

You dont have to marry every woman you meet.   Im 78/gulp/ look 20 years younger and love younger woman--- makes me feel 35 again!! And I seem to have more contact with lovely pulchritude than I did 30 years ago.... But,  I have to say " Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose"............ It is easy to adore exhibitionistic gals.

Mar 05 06 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

B R E E D L O V E

Forks, Washington, US

Michael Longeneker wrote:
Big Chicken!!! Get after it, figure out what it is later.

LOL  smile

Mar 05 06 02:53 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Do it. It's fun.

Mar 05 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

Ceehawk Multimedia

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

Terry Breedlove wrote:
Ok so I have been noticing this young lady flirting with me so I asked my cousin about her, they work together. Low and behold she does like me, this girl is cute as hell. My perfect woman in almost every way, both in looks and her sweet easy going personality. She is tallish for a woman about 5'6" or 7"  big brown eyes slim but kinda curvy. One big problem she is really young, I am 41 and she is early 20's another problem I am not so sure I am ready to commit to anyone and I think this girl is plus since she is so damn perfect I am afraid I might to. Now in my younger days I would have no problem taking what I wanted and leaving but with age we gain some sort of morals and I just don't want to needlessly hurt anyone. I already feel pretty bad for some of my younger days mistakes. Anyone been down this road, advice ?

Use the wisdom you've developed with age; being young and foolish is one thing but there is no fool like an "old" fool.  If you're going to date her be up front and tell her it is just a fling, give her the option to say yes or no.  I did the same thing with my wife(who's 12 years my junior) and we endned up dately exclusively for 7 years and have been married for 3.  I wasn't sure i was ready to commit either but i guess I was.

Mar 05 06 03:04 pm Link

Model

Ms Kaylee

Helena, Montana, US

Most of my friends are men between the ages of 23-50, does that count? As much of an ew factor as it is, if you think you can work things out (such as a relationship) then why not just do it? You live only once. She's in her early 20s, although she's young, she's not young enough to know right from wrong and I bet she's not naive. (Yea, I'm only 18...I shouldn't be talking). Go with your gut feeling.

Mar 05 06 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

I don't have this problem because similar to what someone else said:

wrote:
my observations...

im 42...
i am invisible to 98% of this demographic..

women 26-35..

women 18-25..

So I'm afraid I can offer no advice. Let us know how it works out, though.

Mar 05 06 05:05 pm Link

Model

CarolineVictoria

Beverly Hills, California, US

Personally I don't do well with guys in their 20's.  Not that I am MISS MATURE or anything but older men are just better!

Caroline

Mar 05 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

CarolineVictoria wrote:
Personally I don't do well with guys in their 20's.  Not that I am MISS MATURE or anything but older men are just better!

Heyyyyyyyyy ... How YOU doin'?

Mar 05 06 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

Legacys 7

San Francisco, California, US

It just really depends on what's going through her mind as well as hers. Alot generalizations have been made on this board.

Every women old and young are different. My experience have been from both ends. I attract women from all ages, younger, older and my age.

She might be attracted to you for different reasons. It could be you, it could be a sexual thing that she has for you, father figure, or sugar daddy.

Time will tell you what it is. You seem to be cautious, which is probably wise. But don't get your emotions caughtup assuming that it might be what you think that it is. Maybe, maybe not. Just go with the flow and see how things work out.

Mar 05 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

chili starts singing:

'dont stand, dont stand, dont stand so close to me'

Mar 05 06 08:26 pm Link

Photographer

Charlie Schmidt

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Marcia Dionne wrote:
There is always gonna be somebody that has a problem with something that you are doing.   It's your life...live it!  Phuck what everybody else thinks. 
And yes, the sex is the bomb!!!
Go for it!

It is your life...live it! Live it to the fullest!!! Phuck what everybody else thinks.

Charlie

Mar 05 06 08:34 pm Link

Model

Isadora Whitewing

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Despite all the common analysis that I had heard all of my life, I decided to give it a go with a guy I was seeing who is 35(I am 21).  We had a great time when we were dating and it was care free fun.
But then when we started to make things official, I started to feel this strange vibe from everybody.  Like what we were doing was wrong.  And stupid little naggins in my head,  from what I was told in the past, would pop up in the middle of our fun time. 
But one day I came to this realization;  why would I listen to anybody about how my relationship should go and what choices to make within it?
I am the only person who knows first hand whats going on in MY relationship.  They're not there for all of it. 

I don't think age matters.  I don't think experience matters.  I don't believe that any one person could have the same reaction to a circumstance,  maybe simillar, but not the same.  I think when two people come together its their genetic make up and scientific chemistry that attracts them.  I don't think we're as smart as we think we are.  I think it has to do more with who chemically compliments the other than it does weather you both like sci-fi movies.  Sometimes this happens to be a person of a different race,  of a different height and yes of a different age.

So what you are in different stages in a few ways.  She goes to school during the day and you go to work.  You can still meet at night and show off to the rest of the world that you don't give a @#$%!wink

Mar 05 06 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

R.J. Walker

Fairmont, Illinois, US

Go for it!!!!! I am 43 and the woman I'm dating is 27. It's one of the best relationships I've ever been in. We have never let age become an issue, and life is oh so sweeeeet!!!!!

Mar 05 06 08:58 pm Link

Model

Devana

Brooklyn, New York, US

My boyfriend is 9 years my senior and instead of having to deal with less BS, I found that I've had to deal with more lol! I won't go into details but there was a lot that happened that I thought I WOULDN'T have to deal with because he's not my age. But I like that he's sure of who he is and knows what makes him happy, which quite honestly, I'm still figuring out. We've had many discussions about this, and we've both come to the conclusion that while we don't know where this will end up, we make eachother happy NOW, and that's what matters.

Mar 05 06 10:33 pm Link

Model

MONIKA KOVACS

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Heyyyyyyyyy ... How YOU doin'?

LOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 06 06 03:56 pm Link