Forums > Events > Viva "LAS VEGAS" Meet n Greet

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Now i have to admit this is a cool collage.... im going to try and do one soon, once i have some more images edited.... i jus did 8 for Mario with 4 being Brittany Dejesus and the other 4 of Megan Taechon K.

going to go see "Fighting" at the Rave Motion Pictures at midnight

Oh look, what do you know... top of the page again!!!

Apr 23 09 11:20 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

702photo wrote:
Mr Kevin Connery I am so envious of your DOFwork here... I think we briefly spoke at El Jefes and Mike tells me you were at the one in summerlin as well.  Kevin if your reading this, please tell me the stats on your lense if you can.

Standard (non-IS) 70-200 f/2.8 Canon. I probably shot wide open for those, but it might have been stopped down to f/3.5 or f/4. I know I was aiming for background blur, as I liked the colors, but not the texture.

EDIT: EXIF data says f/2.8, at 150mm and 98mm for the two shots of the Main Man, and 130mm for the swimsuit shot of Natali. Camera is a 1.3 crop body.

Apr 24 09 02:03 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Kevin Connery wrote:
The troll is currently unable to respond. Please do not attempt to feed it.

Kevin thanks for your immediate response and flashing the moderator badge... im glad that ended quickly. I would hate for this cool thread to get shut down or loose the FUN factor cause of him.

Apr 24 09 03:18 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Kevin Connery wrote:
It was it was great to add new faces to names!

Here's some of the snaps I took at the lake after the M&G. (As you can see, I'm not a swimsuit photographer.)

https://www.kevinconnery.com/photos/2009/final/0418_lakemead/20090418_161507r1.jpg
https://www.kevinconnery.com/photos/2009/final/0418_lakemead/20090418_161608r1.jpg
https://www.kevinconnery.com/photos/2009/final/0418_lakemead/20090418_171803r1.jpg

These images (above) were shot by this Mysterious Man in black (below) who out of the kindness of his heart followed 7 strangers to Lake Mead, and suffer thru the blazing 96 degree in all BLACK.... what a warrior!!!!...lol

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/Misc%20Stuff/lakemead.jpg

Also in the pic is Lillie K  and NataliLaroux

Apr 24 09 03:41 am Link

Photographer

Brian Hillburn

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

702photo wrote:
Mr. Brian Hillburn, you have an amazing portfolio... great images, and vivid contrast and awesome that you are a vegas resident too...

Thank you much...really appreciated. I actually haven't shot since about October. I had to get away as I had sorta lost my love for the hobby. I've now felt the excitement to return and trying to create something beautiful. I bought a Contax 645 and plan to learn how to use it soon. Any Vegas photographers here familiar with Contax 645 or Mamiya 645 Pro?

Apr 24 09 07:34 am Link

Model

Crazybeautiful Surf_Grl

South Venice, Florida, US

Xquizit PiX By Lillie K wrote:
So I have compiled some pics together of the long weekend we just had.  Mostly this is behind the scenes and test shots at the Las Vegas Shoot Out.....
https://i459.photobucket.com/albums/qq320/Xquizit-PiX/behindthescenes.jpg

Aww Lillie, you dont have to put me here in this collague im not that pretty and i need to work out hard sorry for my love handle lol..

Apr 24 09 12:24 pm Link

Model

Crazybeautiful Surf_Grl

xaveir wrote:

The truth hurts like the alcohol you had last night you fat fcuk. Go to aa and stop trying to get everyone drunk like you.  Your probably drunk right now.  Dont bash God he is coming for you.

Oh my gosh xavier here's my 0.02 cents to you i guess vegas its not for everyone but to come here bash abt vegas people come on you dont even know what's going on and yes i sure there is somewhere out there is drunk and needs to go to aa and all that..but geez no foul language here..

Apr 24 09 12:29 pm Link

Model

Crazybeautiful Surf_Grl

Brian Hillburn wrote:

Thank you much...really appreciated. I actually haven't shot since about October. I had to get away as I had sorta lost my love for the hobby. I've now felt the excitement to return and trying to create something beautiful. I bought a Contax 645 and plan to learn how to use it soon. Any Vegas photographers here familiar with Contax 645 or Mamiya 645 Pro?

I totally agree with mario with 702photo mr.brian hillburn has amazing portfolio im still fan of your work even you only do it for hobby but in the same time he's retired master sergeant from USAF.i have respect with military personnel;)

Apr 24 09 12:36 pm Link

Model

Alyce Jarred

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Ah.  I feel super special and flattered that there's all this stuff in a thread about ME and my new favorite photographer, Mike. smile

Alyce

Apr 24 09 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Hillburn

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Crazybeautiful Surf_Grl wrote:

I totally agree with mario with 702photo mr.brian hillburn has amazing portfolio im still fan of your work even you only do it for hobby but in the same time he's retired master sergeant from USAF.i have respect with military personnel;)

Thank you so much!

Apr 24 09 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Carroll

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Brian Hillburn wrote:

Thank you so much!

Where have you been? smile

Apr 24 09 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Hillburn

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mike Carroll wrote:

Where have you been? smile

Just work Mike. Had to step away from shooting back in October. I'm ready to get creative again for the right project and muse.

Apr 24 09 05:42 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Brian Hillburn wrote:
Just work Mike. Had to step away from shooting back in October. I'm ready to get creative again for the right project and muse.

If your ready to get creative soon, im going to have to stand back, cause the stuff you got "now" is already top notch creative as is.... im ready to put on the science lab safety goggles and the urainuim protected lab coat, and get ready to get engulfed in your creative artistry soon to hit the MM world....

i look foward to it Brian and i bet the rest of the true artists here in Vegas are too

Apr 24 09 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Alyce Jarred wrote:
Ah.  I feel super special and flattered that there's all this stuff in a thread about ME and my new favorite photographer, Mike. smile
Alyce

Oh Alyce your too kind... im just happy theres a model who says what she means by bringing her "heart and passion" and multiple faces into the shoot, and also remind people you even offered to come one day early before the shoot date... now that dedication of a model....hhehehehe

Apr 24 09 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Crazybeautiful Surf_Grl wrote:
Aww Lillie, you dont have to put me here in this collague im not that pretty and i need to work out hard sorry for my love handle lol..

Look at Teacup posing with you in the shot.... thats determination for a CHOW...lol

Apr 24 09 08:46 pm Link

Model

Sara Micheal

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

A little late but I LOVE the shoot out pictures, that was really a great thing to put together and it sucks that I couldn't make it. Hopefully I'll get some cash and make it to the next one!

Apr 24 09 09:02 pm Link

Model

Sara Micheal

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Oh and mike, you are a fantastic photographer smile

*As well as all of the other ones I have worked with big_smile

Apr 24 09 09:03 pm Link

Model

Crazybeautiful Surf_Grl

POLARPICS wrote:

Look at Teacup posing with you in the shot.... thats determination for a CHOW...lol

I know she is up for the shoot hmm maybe but man once she got home she act like a diva once i had all the pictures from shoot especially the one with teacup and brittany i'll have to make her own profile! LoL! next time i'll bring the hubby so someone will coach teacup where to look sorry she wasn't coordinating that much in the camera

if anyone needs dog for the photo shoot let me know hehe.. oh yeah just to let you know its teacup 2nd time photo shoot with lillie and its her 3rd time photo shoot with real photographer since october lol..

Apr 24 09 09:36 pm Link

Model

Crazybeautiful Surf_Grl

everyone looks pretty on shoot out last sunday smile smile smile hopefully there's another one next time before i moved out vegas sniff sniff..

Apr 24 09 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

V Studio

La Mirada, California, US

Any great photo events in Vegas coming up the next 4 days?  Just wondering...........stuck here for a convention

Apr 25 09 12:39 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

V Studio wrote:
Any great photo events in Vegas coming up the next 4 days?  Just wondering...........stuck here for a convention

dont know if theres any big time shoots per say, but i bet a casting call, or even if you drop me a PM i can maybe point you to some info on who is fun to shoot here in vegas.  Getting them is up to you of course....lol

Apr 25 09 02:34 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Sara Boucher wrote:
Oh and mike, you are a fantastic photographer smile

Hey, I let me models have fun, even if its throwing pillows at me or the camera ...
https://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x65/polarpics_2007/pillow.jpg

Apr 25 09 02:41 am Link

Photographer

Mario Santos

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Hi folks... I just wanna add these sample photos to Mikes thread.
Megan, I will send you the full size photos soon, these are just made for the thread here.

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/ContactSheet-meaganK.jpg

Apr 25 09 11:31 am Link

Photographer

H B P

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

702photo wrote:
Hi folks... I just wanna add these sample photos to Mikes thread.
Megan, I will send you the full size photos soon, these are just made for the thread here.

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/ContactSheet-meaganK.jpg

That's gorgeous, Mario. Love how the colors pop.

Apr 25 09 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Mario Santos

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

HBP Photography wrote:

That's gorgeous, Mario. Love how the colors pop.

I have a great PS wizard to help me.... hehhehe

Apr 25 09 11:35 am Link

Photographer

H B P

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

702photo wrote:

I have a great PS wizard to help me.... hehhehe

Yeah, I know. I wish I can be like Mike.

Apr 25 09 11:41 am Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

awh man.... I wish I can be a great guerrila shooter like you Harold... Im always confibed by "choice" to stick to inside work... it is YOU who I am always jealous over for location shooting and scouting.  You always show me some great energetic poses and pics of models that I secretly envy you my friend.... Dry bed lake, sunset park, the strip, lake mead, I mean the stroies and advantures you tell me where you been, i just cant believe it.  I need to get out more!

Apr 25 09 11:53 am Link

Photographer

H B P

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:
awh man.... I wish I can be a great guerrila shooter like you Harold... Im always confibed by "choice" to stick to inside work... it is YOU who I am always jealous over for location shooting and scouting.  You always show me some great energetic poses and pics of models that I secretly envy you my friend.... Dry bed lake, sunset park, the strip, lake mead, I mean the stroies and advantures you tell me where you been, i just cant believe it.  I need to get out more!

Dude, you know you're always welcome to come with me. I shoot on location but I won't scale a mountain (not unless I'm getting paid for it.)

Apr 25 09 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

HBP Photography wrote:

Dude, you know you're always welcome to come with me. I shoot on location but I won't scale a mountain (not unless I'm getting paid for it.)

ok, next guerrila shoot you do, i want in on it... deal?

Apr 25 09 12:31 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I was working on another NON pretty concept picture.... just looking for some input if you people are feeling it like i am. Photoshop skills by Jim Hatch  (MM# 619117)
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/before_after.jpg
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/Elizabeth-Morris1.jpg

Apr 25 09 12:49 pm Link

Photographer

kjack photography

Saint George, Utah, US

Nice Mike! Amazing work. I wish i could be like you too! I definitely learned a ton, but my photos from the shootout are nowhere near even standing behind yours, marios, lillies....damn i am jealous!!

Apr 25 09 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

H B P

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

POLARPICS wrote:
ok, next guerrila shoot you do, i want in on it... deal?

You got it.

POLARPICS wrote:
I was working on another NON pretty concept picture.... just looking for some input if you people are feeling it like i am.
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/before_after.jpg
https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/Elizabeth-Morris1.jpg

These are awesome by the way.

kjack photography wrote:
Nice Mike! Amazing work. I wish i could be like you too! I definitely learned a ton, but my photos from the shootout are nowhere near even standing behind yours, marios, lillies....damn i am jealous!!

I like your work, Katy. You're doing great things.

Apr 25 09 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Yes, I agree katy you are doing good, with only 6 months in... it takes time to find your zone... but think of this way... your better than someone who just bought a camera from best buy 5 minutes ago... I bet they dont even know how to fine tune their aperature settings.... YOU DO!!!!....lol....

Apr 25 09 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

kjack photography

Saint George, Utah, US

POLARPICS wrote:
Yes, I agree katy you are doing good, with only 6 months in... it takes time to find your zone... but think of this way... your better than someone who just bought a camera from best buy 5 minutes ago... I bet they dont even know how to fine tune their aperature settings.... YOU DO!!!!....lol....

Yeah thanks to you!

Apr 25 09 02:35 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

if you take a model and you have 5 photographers shoot 1 model, you will always get 5 different versions of the same person. but its how you make it is the key. 

- low lighting
- low angle
- side profile shot
- just the eyes/face
- backwards shot
- topless/artisitc nude
- tight headshot
- strictly B/w with high contrast
- white wall, or backdrops

the shootout was meant for that reason alone. some people love working in groups, some dont like shooting with groups, some never used strobes, some never used backdrops, some even dont have time to shoot during the week, so they got all their shooting in 1 day.... katy dont freak out, we all put out dud images once and awhile... its up to you and only you to have confidence in your work.  Being around other artist who are here to help you is what you also need.  Im sure Me, Harold, Lillie, Mario, or anyone else with more experience would be glad to help you if you every come back to Las Vegas. 

Hell... goto Borders, grab a latte and read any beginning photography books, photography for dummies, or any book, that leans toward new and learning.

Archive your work on Cd-rom and in one years time, look back at what you shot TODAY you will be laughing at in 2010, trust me... we all improve yearly.

Apr 25 09 03:25 pm Link

Photographer

kjack photography

Saint George, Utah, US

I just meant that I was grateful for everything you taught me... I know I have everything to learn. I love photography and I am confident in my future.

Apr 25 09 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

H B P

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I know this isn't from the shootout but I think there are Zombies in Vegas. WATCH OUT!!

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/LordSpam1/DSC_0029web.jpg

Just shot today. I got to go to work now.

Apr 25 09 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

HBP Photography wrote:
I know this isn't from the shootout but I think there are Zombies in Vegas. WATCH OUT!!

https://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f39/LordSpam1/DSC_0029web.jpg

Just shot today. I got to go to work now.

TIGHT!!!!!!!!  I dig it!!!!

Apr 25 09 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

POLARPICS

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

kjack photography wrote:
I just meant that I was grateful for everything you taught me... I know I have everything to learn. I love photography and I am confident in my future.

good!!!  a confident photographer is way better than a "cocky one".... smile

Apr 25 09 04:07 pm Link

Model

TanyaBallinger

Jewett City, Connecticut, US

POLARPICS wrote:

Kevin Connery wrote:
It was it was great to add new faces to names!

Here's some of the snaps I took at the lake after the M&G. (As you can see, I'm not a swimsuit photographer.)

https://www.kevinconnery.com/photos/2009/final/0418_lakemead/20090418_161507r1.jpg
https://www.kevinconnery.com/photos/2009/final/0418_lakemead/20090418_161608r1.jpg
https://www.kevinconnery.com/photos/2009/final/0418_lakemead/20090418_171803r1.jpg

These images (above) were shot by this Mysterious Man in black (below) who out of the kindness of his heart followed 7 strangers to Lake Mead, and suffer thru the blazing 96 degree in all BLACK.... what a warrior!!!!...lol

https://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y176/polarpics/Misc%20Stuff/lakemead.jpg

Also in the pic is Lillie K  and NataliLaroux

I looked like a child getting yelled at tongue

Apr 25 09 04:36 pm Link