Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Discussion for the: "I could do that!" contest

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Here is a place to discuss the contest, make suggestions or maybe even advocate change.

Jun 02 09 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Very interesting Star. I'm checking out the before and after and really like what you did to the image. Your use of color is quite unique and foreign to me. I'm working the image over and over to get a feel for it. Thanks.

Jun 03 09 08:32 pm Link

Photographer

PF Dark

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Ok it may be a trick my eyes are playing but the origional edit seems to have the definition of the collarbones deminished.  Am I right? and if so why?  I was under the impression this was a "Selling" point for a model.

Jun 04 09 02:08 am Link

Photographer

Star

PF Dark wrote:
Ok it may be a trick my eyes are playing but the origional edit seems to have the definition of the collarbones deminished.  Am I right? and if so why?  I was under the impression this was a "Selling" point for a model.

can you edit your post in the contest to remove the conversation point?

Jun 04 09 10:12 am Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Who is going to pick the winner I'm seeing some images that it looks like they just pasted your original image  as their entry I could be wrong though. But they didn't have high res versions linked either.

Jun 04 09 12:27 pm Link

Retoucher

StaciC

Swansea, Illinois, US

KillerShotz Photography wrote:
Who is going to pick the winner I'm seeing some images that it looks like they just pasted your original image  as their entry I could be wrong though. But they didn't have high res versions linked either.

I think it's popular vote lol
Don't know when the voting starts though, I'll add my high res when voting is about to start even though mines different now i look at it longer sad LOL

Jun 04 09 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

SCRetouching wrote:

I think it's popular vote lol
Don't know when the voting starts though, I'll add my high res when voting is about to start even though mines different now i look at it longer sad LOL

Mines is diferent too I tried to recreate the style but not copy it all toguether

Jun 04 09 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

fm_photographie

KillerShotz Photography wrote:

Mines is diferent too I tried to recreate the style but not copy it all toguether

i thought the goal was to recreate star's retouching?

Jun 04 09 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

fm_photographie wrote:

i thought the goal was to recreate star's retouching?

Well I recreated it but the way I would do it if I was asked to recreate the retouching. No 2 retouchers are going to do the exact same thing and get exact same results. Just like two photographers will not take the same picture even if they have the same setup in front of them.

Jun 04 09 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

Star

popular vote. Winner must link to larger image to be the winner. Voting is listed as starting on

3. contest is open until June 9th at 3pm. Voting is from June 5th-June 9th.

so tomorrow!

For me this contest is more of a professional contest. Many times a second retoucher will be brought in to finish the work of the first retoucher, the shots have to match exactly.

Jun 04 09 01:47 pm Link