Forums > General Industry > Get Nekid or Get Lost!

Photographer

Moore Photo Graphix

Washington, District of Columbia, US

MikeRobisonPhotos wrote:

And if the images they needed for their port had no plausible benefit to you? But they still wanted a TF*?  You'd NEVER ask if they'd be willing to due nudes?

Nudity isn't requirement for doing TF* with me! Just a time that's right for both parties invovled and a few ideas are all that needed.

Jul 25 09 03:43 pm Link

Photographer

MLRPhoto

Olivet, Michigan, US

Marie Allison wrote:
One of my favorite photographers will only TF nude. His personal projects all involve nudity, so it's not really out of the question. As a model, I would do that only if I really loved the quality of the photog's work. I don't see how poorly done nudes could really help a model's port.

First, I would hope that I don't provide "poorly done nudes."  Second, if the model wants to work with a photographer, and gets the commercial images (fashion, whatever) that she wants, and THEY help her port, than if somehow the photographer forgets their skills for the nudes, the model still has the commercial images they wanted in the first place.

Would it really make that much difference if I said "I don't have a use for what you want, so you can pay me $300 for the shoot.  I will also pay you $300 for a similar amount of nude modeling."  That's just more misleading, and illustrates that I'm actually offering quite a deal with the trade, since there are very few models I'd pay $300 for 2-3 hours these days.

For some models, I'll pay for a MUA to get them into my port; for others, who are less likely to improve it, I might insist they pay for a MUA as part of us doing a shoot. 

All that said, I have no interest in "pushing" or "forcing" a model to pose nude.  It is simply an option in a specific situation.

Jul 25 09 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Shutterbug5269

Herkimer, New York, US

I don't need to require nudity to shoot with me, I get plenty of that as it is...

Being able to shoot swimwear, lingerie, etc.. without having to ask my nude models to take up the slack in my portfolio would be nice though!

lol

Jul 25 09 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

MLRPhoto

Olivet, Michigan, US

Shutterbug5269 wrote:
I don't need to require nudity to shoot with me, I get plenty of that as it is...

Being able to shoot swimwear, lingerie, etc.. without having to ask my nude models to take up the slack in my portfolio would be nice though!

lol

I seem to get models who either aren't comfortable showing their lingerie, or models who don't bother bringing any . . . .

Jul 25 09 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Shutterbug5269

Herkimer, New York, US

MikeRobisonPhotos wrote:

I seem to get models who either aren't comfortable showing their lingerie, or models who don't bother bringing any . . . .

Having em actually show up would be a great start....

Jul 25 09 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Marie Allison

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

MikeRobisonPhotos wrote:

First, I would hope that I don't provide "poorly done nudes."  Second, if the model wants to work with a photographer, and gets the commercial images (fashion, whatever) that she wants, and THEY help her port, than if somehow the photographer forgets their skills for the nudes, the model still has the commercial images they wanted in the first place.

Would it really make that much difference if I said "I don't have a use for what you want, so you can pay me $300 for the shoot.  I will also pay you $300 for a similar amount of nude modeling."  That's just more misleading, and illustrates that I'm actually offering quite a deal with the trade, since there are very few models I'd pay $300 for 2-3 hours these days.

For some models, I'll pay for a MUA to get them into my port; for others, who are less likely to improve it, I might insist they pay for a MUA as part of us doing a shoot. 

All that said, I have no interest in "pushing" or "forcing" a model to pose nude.  It is simply an option in a specific situation.

I hope you didn't think that part about poorly done nudes was directed at you. It really wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I was just speaking in general. Any work you would do for my modeling port would work for me. I may not have explained what I meant properly. I guess I'm just trying to say that I wouldn't want to do nudes with a GWC for money or trade. Ugh...I can't find the words I'm looking for. My brain isn't working right now.

Jul 25 09 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

MLRPhoto

Olivet, Michigan, US

MikeRobisonPhotos wrote:

Marie Allison wrote:
I hope you didn't think that part about poorly done nudes was directed at you. It really wasn't directed at anyone in particular, I was just speaking in general. Any work you would do for my modeling port would work for me. I may not have explained what I meant properly. I guess I'm just trying to say that I wouldn't want to do nudes with a GWC for money or trade. Ugh...I can't find the words I'm looking for. My brain isn't working right now.

Nope.  I didn't.  No problem.  But, my focus in the comment is first the topic of the thread, and second, the idea that "I have enough of style ZZZ for my port, so it can't be part of a TF* shoot." I think that's short sighted, whether it is nudes or not.  If shooting a certain style gives you leverage, and you want variety, combine them.

Jul 25 09 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

Marie Allison

Virginia Beach, Virginia, US

MikeRobisonPhotos wrote:
Nope.  I didn't.  No problem.  But, my focus in the comment is first the topic of the thread, and second, the idea that "I have enough of style ZZZ for my port, so it can't be part of a TF* shoot." I think that's short sighted, whether it is nudes or not.  If shooting a certain style gives you leverage, and you want variety, combine them.

I think I get what your saying, although my comprehension feels off right now. (that's what happens when you're constantly chasing a 9 month old around) Anyways, I think I found what I was trying to say. I'm selective with the photogs I'll do nudes with. They have to have a style I really like. I have no nudes in my port and won't until I find the right person. I guess I just have something specific in mind that I want.

Jul 25 09 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Marie Allison wrote:

I think I get what your saying, although my comprehension feels off right now. (that's what happens when you're constantly chasing a 9 month old around) Anyways, I think I found what I was trying to say. I'm selective with the photogs I'll do nudes with. They have to have a style I really like. I have no nudes in my port and won't until I find the right person. I guess I just have something specific in mind that I want.

Which is what I would expect. Be picky as you want. That is also how I am. I don't want to shoot commercial style of 5'2" models, but if they want to trade those shots for what I need then it's a fair trade.

Jul 25 09 06:53 pm Link