Forums > Events > Yankee Air Museum Photo Shoot Grosse Ile

Photographer

RawPhotography

Detroit, Michigan, US

Me me me ooh ooh ooh pick me!!!! I'm in!

Nov 18 09 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

I'm really, really disappointed that I won't be able to attend.  I was looking forward to this opportunity.

I hope there is another shoot at this venue and that I'll be able to attend it.

Y'all enjoy and create some kick-ass images.  big_smile

Nov 18 09 03:48 pm Link

Model

Kayte Bianca

Saginaw, Michigan, US

OMG, this is my dream shoot.

My daddy is a member of the YAM and was a huge WWII/plane buff. He passed away last year and I'd love to do this shoot in his memory. If he was here today he would be hyperventilating at the mere thought of his little girl photographing with such beautiful planes!

Only thing is, the entrance fee. I'll be coming from Standish so I'll easily be paying $30 in gas just to get there. Is there any way to get around that? I REALLY want to come to this shoot, BAD!

I'm also a plane buff just like my dad and it would be my honor to shoot with these awesome planes.

Nov 18 09 03:56 pm Link

Model

x BeeBs x

Toledo, Ohio, US

im in

Nov 18 09 04:23 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Kayte Jones wrote:

My daddy is a member of the YAM and was a huge WWII/plane buff. He passed away last year and I'd love to do this shoot in his memory. If he was here today he would be hyperventilating at the mere thought of his little girl photographing with such beautiful planes!

Only thing is, the entrance fee. I'll be coming from Standish so I'll easily be paying $30 in gas just to get there. Is there any way to get around that? I REALLY want to come to this shoot, BAD!

I'm also a plane buff just like my dad and it would be my honor to shoot with these awesome planes.

I stop for gas in Standish every time I go to my property near Curran.     smile

Nov 18 09 04:27 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I'll be there if there are enough models!

Nov 18 09 04:28 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Welcome our newest models Kayte and x Beebs x!

Nov 18 09 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

distilledream

Oviedo, Florida, US

This shoot sounds awesome! I'm in!

Nov 19 09 04:56 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

So i've been brainstorming; It looks like there is a pretty big turn out in photographers; I was wondering even thought our shooting schedule is in hr time slots; in order to give everyone an opportunity to shoot everywhere; would you be open to the idea of 1/2 hr slots on the shooting areas?
  Also I've done hella advertising for models within a 50 mi radius of Ypsilanti; If you could help spread the word; We are getting close to our limit on photographers; but in need of models.

Nov 19 09 05:19 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

How many photographers is your limit?

Nov 19 09 05:22 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
How many photographers is your limit?

I'm Not sure; but I'm not thinking more then 14, and we are at 11. There aren't that many different shooting places for a big number of photogs without people shooting on top of each other. Hence why I need opinions on my shooting schedule proposal....

Nov 19 09 05:33 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

*Also... I've added a carpool Section, message me if you want to be added to the list; help each other save on travel expenses!

Nov 19 09 06:37 am Link

Model

Kayte Bianca

Saginaw, Michigan, US

I'M IN!!!! It's official, THANK YOU KEITH!!!! I am SO looking forward to this!!!

Any photographers who would like to work with me please send me a message! I'm working with Microwave Photo and distilledream as of right now!

Nov 19 09 07:17 am Link

Model

Kayte Bianca

Saginaw, Michigan, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

Kayte Jones wrote:

I stop for gas in Standish every time I go to my property near Curran.     smile

Hey that's awesome! I'm from Saginaw but I'm living in Standish now!

Nov 19 09 07:18 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

I found someone who has already shot with one of our babies...so here is a teaser!

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pid=14980790

Nov 19 09 10:36 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

ILLIANA wrote:
I found someone who has already shot with one of our babies...so here is a teaser!

Thanks!
It's beautiful!!

Nov 19 09 10:46 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Nov 19 09 12:16 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Instead of rewording her email I am just copying and pasting it.
"I spoke with our President today and have some answers for you.  There 
> was a misunderstanding with our logo.  It doesn't have to be on the 
> picture, we are just requesting credit (a tag line that says something 
> like "Courtesy of Yankee Air Museum [our logo]".  We do not want 
> copyright rights of the prints.  Those prints are the photographers.   
> We are just asking to be recognized (except in the artful prints 
> unless approved by the museum).  We are just asking for a copy of the 
> prints (digital is fine) for us to use and we will give credit to the 
> photographer and model.
>
> *  There is electricity, just have the photographers bring lots of 
> extension cords.
> *  Feel free to bring whatever you guys will need to keep warm. Hot 
> chocolate, etc. is fine
> *  Yes, you can go inside the B-17 only.  The C-47 is getting a new 
> radio and the cockpit is torn apart and the B-25 is on jacks.
> *  We may be able to do wing shots... as we get closer I can see where 
> we are in the maintenance process and let you know.  Right now the 
> president advised me that there can be no wing shots.
> *  The rest will be on the ground.
> *  We should be able to use the exterior as no one is at the hangar on 
> the weekend.
> *  Artful nudes can be taken under the following conditions:
>       -  Our nose art cannot be in the picture nor any of our sponsors logos
>       -  If any are to be sold for use in magazines or calendars the 
> president and vice president would need to approve them so they know 
> what is out there, which falls into your next question...
> *  We would be willing to have the photographs used in calendars or 
> publications for a donation to the museum.
>
> I hope this answers all of your questions and feel free to contact me 
> with any further ones you may have.  Looking forward to the shoot!"

Sweetness! Just as a side question... how many would be interested in a little concession stand operation going on? Have some hot cocoa/tea to keep us warm and bottles of water... ? let me know before I lug all that stuff over there. I will be getting pictures of the specific areas sometime next week before Thanksgiving... and we will start the area reservations.  Any other questions anyone has?

Nov 19 09 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

Phil Mc

Genesee, Michigan, US

ILLIANA wrote:
Sweetness! Just as a side question... how many would be interested in a little concession stand operation going on? Have some hot cocoa/tea to keep us warm and bottles of water... ? let me know before I lug all that stuff over there. I will be getting pictures of the specific areas sometime next week before Thanksgiving... and we will start the area reservations.  Any other questions anyone has?

Sounds like a good idea...would you want any of us to bring anything else to snack on.

Nov 19 09 12:28 pm Link

Model

Kayte Bianca

Saginaw, Michigan, US

Sounds great! I'm in the process of buying a Military Outfit, like the one in the pic you posted. Also looking for some pin-up style dresses. I'll also be bringing my fiance's uniform, he's in the US Coast Guard.

Any other outfits/props I should bring?

Nov 19 09 12:32 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Illiana, I replied to your PM....

Nov 19 09 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

This shoot is very tempting...I'm a war history buff and was in Naval Aviation during my military service. I would LOVE to be able to shoot with these old aircraft. But...

It looks like there will be restrictions on commercial use, based on the required credit line and the museum asking for veto power over resale of the images. I would need a commercial property release and no restrictions on use to make it worthwhile, otherwise I have images that I may not be able to license and make money from.

I understand the museum's position and don't blame them- after all, they are doing everyone a huge favor by opening up access to these rare aircraft. From a business perspective, though, this just doesn't look like it will work. Encumbered images are worthless to me.

So, sadly, I am going to pass on this.

Hopefully everyone who attends gets great images and has a lot of fun! Best wishes...I'm sure I'll see at least some of you at DEAC 5!

Nov 19 09 02:40 pm Link

Model

Tori Mendel

Toledo, Ohio, US

I wish I could make it but Kristi and I are going to be in PA that weekend.
I hope it works out!

Nov 19 09 06:00 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Kayte Jones wrote:
Sounds great! I'm in the process of buying a Military Outfit, like the one in the pic you posted. Also looking for some pin-up style dresses. I'll also be bringing my fiance's uniform, he's in the US Coast Guard.

Any other outfits/props I should bring?

Bring whatever you wish! We like to share! lol.

Nov 19 09 06:27 pm Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Phil Mc wrote:

Sounds like a good idea...would you want any of us to bring anything else to snack on.

To drink sure... but food wise lets keep that to ourselves...

Nov 19 09 06:27 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Okay, I'm in....

If anyone wants to work with me, send me a PM

Nov 19 09 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Lisolette Gilcrest

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

ILLIANA wrote:
*  Artful nudes can be taken under the following conditions:
-  Our nose art cannot be in the picture nor any of our sponsors logos
-  If any are to be sold for use in magazines or calendars the president and vice president would need to approve them so they know what is out there, which falls into your next question...

Okay, so I'm totally dumb about this kind of thing, but what does that mean, no "nose art?"  Does that mean in the photograph following that "Yankee Lady" can't be showing?

ILLIANA wrote:
Just as a side question... how many would be interested in a little concession stand operation going on? Have some hot cocoa/tea to keep us warm and bottles of water... ? let me know before I lug all that stuff over there.

I'd love some hot stuff there (besides the models)!

ILLIANA wrote:
So i've been brainstorming; It looks like there is a pretty big turn out in photographers; I was wondering even thought our shooting schedule is in hr time slots; in order to give everyone an opportunity to shoot everywhere; would you be open to the idea of 1/2 hr slots on the shooting areas?

I don't mind if others want to cram in as much as they can, but I would like to respectfully request that if we want to shoot in 1 hour time slots that we are able to.  Just getting to the place, getting set up, setting up lights (if we have them and use them), etc. takes 20 to 30 minutes sometimes.

Nov 19 09 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Lisolette Gilcrest wrote:
I don't mind if others want to cram in as much as they can, but I would like to respectfully request that if we want to shoot in 1 hour time slots that we are able to.  Just getting to the place, getting set up, setting up lights (if we have them and use them), etc. takes 20 to 30 minutes sometimes.

I agree....

Nov 19 09 07:48 pm Link

Model

Kayte Bianca

Saginaw, Michigan, US

Wow, I'm getting so excited for this shoot!

Here are my available time slots -

11am: open
12pm: Brian B.
1pm: Christian - distilledream
2pm: open
3pm: open
4pm: open

This is all being done on a TFCD basis, correct? Just wanting to make sure smile

Any MUA's or hairstylists attending?

I'm keeping my time slot schedule updated on my profile as well!

Nov 19 09 10:01 pm Link

Photographer

Lore-Li Photography

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

wide open...just so people know...^_^... Illiana I would like to steal you for a shoot if i may

Nov 19 09 10:31 pm Link

Model

Sarah Slaykitty

Tucson, Arizona, US

Aww Im so sorry I cant make it :'(
Not only am I broke, Im not sure what days my bf has to work, so I dont even know if I could get down there (since I dont drive). I hope I can make the next one, I really would love to have the chance to shoot with thease amazing pieces of history.

Nov 20 09 12:07 am Link

Photographer

Lisolette Gilcrest

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

Starting my booking now...

11:00 - x BeeBs x
12:00 -
1:00 -
2:00 - Kayte Jones
3:00 -
4:00 -

Nov 20 09 06:44 am Link

Photographer

RawPhotography

Detroit, Michigan, US

Open schedule here. I need help filling it. Kinda hard to send messages and browse around too much on my cell phone. Droid does everything but come attatched to a 17" screen hehe. Message me if you're interested!

Nov 20 09 08:10 am Link

Model

Kayte Bianca

Saginaw, Michigan, US

I have two openings left as of right now! I'm REALLY looking forward to this!!

11am: OPEN
12pm: Brian B.
1pm: Christian - distilledream
2pm: Lisolette Gilcrest
3pm: PF Dark
4pm: OPEN

Nov 20 09 09:37 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

Ok we will keep the hour increments.. I hope everyone gets a chance to shoot where they want...  Lisolette as far as the nude thing.. yes anything that singles out the YAMs planes from the other general plans such as the nose art (painting on the front of the plane) or any sticker logos they don't want in nude pictures... anything else is fine.

Nov 20 09 09:47 am Link

Photographer

Lisolette Gilcrest

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

ILLIANA wrote:
Lisolette as far as the nude thing.. yes anything that singles out the YAMs planes from the other general plans such as the nose art (painting on the front of the plane) or any sticker logos they don't want in nude pictures... anything else is fine.

Okay - that makes sense.  So here's one last request for clarification:

If we are not shooting nudes, we can shoot anything anywhere.  We are not permitted to PhotoShop out the nose art or logos and are asked to give credit wherever we can for YAM. 

If we are shooting nudes, we can't shoot them with a logo or nose art showing.  OR are we allowed to shoot them and just PhotoShop out the nose art and logos in that instance?  Either way, if we're shooting nudes do they still want credit given to YAM?  And do they still want copies?  I'm assuming "no" since they can't use the nudes anywhere...

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Nov 20 09 10:19 am Link

Model

ILLIANA

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

I'll ask if the photoshopping out the nose art would be permitted in the nude category.. but i'm not htinking so.. but yes on all the other stuff.. Sorry if it was confusing!

Nov 20 09 10:36 am Link

Photographer

Lisolette Gilcrest

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

No, you've been pretty clear in everything else.  It just seemed like those were two questions which perhaps hadn't been posed yet?

I'll be surprised if they say, "Yeah, we require nudes to be sent to us."  It will make me wonder what the 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization is going to be doing with them...

At this point, I'm really not sure I want to shoot any nudes at all... but I want to know what our options are and any limitations.

I appreciate all of your hard work on this, Illiana!

Nov 20 09 10:48 am Link

Model

Kayte Bianca

Saginaw, Michigan, US

Any word on MUA/hairstylists that are coming?

Nov 20 09 10:53 am Link

Photographer

Lisolette Gilcrest

Fort Wayne, Indiana, US

p.s.  I posted this event on Facebook here:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1 … 841&ref=mf

I invited about 20 or so models in the Detroit area, so hopefully we can really drum up some interest for you, Illiana!

Nov 20 09 11:07 am Link