Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > i think more photographers...

Photographer

not here anymore.

San Diego, California, US

should post up thier pictures so we know what they look like.  Especially the female ones!

smile

Apr 22 05 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

there's a picture of me in my portfolio. i win at life.

Apr 22 05 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

FootNote Fotography

Gainesville, Florida, US

i have a dead log in mine does that count?

and i dont think it makes that big a deal if a photographer has his/her photo in there too :-/

Apr 22 05 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Bowman

Taos, New Mexico, US

oh no, I loathe the self photo I took.

yikes

Rik

Apr 22 05 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by Footnote: 
i dont think it makes that big a deal if a photographer has his/her photo in there too :-/

I just checked out your pictures.  You just need more pictures in general.  lol

Apr 22 05 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Posted by Rik Bowman: 
oh no, I loathe the self photo I took.

yikes

Rik

i don't claim self-portraits to be art or even good most of the time, but they can definitely be fun. smile

Apr 22 05 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Bowman

Taos, New Mexico, US

well, i'd just rather email the photo instead of jolting the other viewers of this thread tongue

R

Apr 22 05 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

Alan Bezanson

Dunwoody, Georgia, US

Mine is my main! haha

Apr 22 05 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

I call my pic the 3.8 seconds of creativity in front of scanner and a little photoshop play

Apr 22 05 02:05 pm Link

Photographer

Jack Dawes

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Fair enough.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/4269611572c0e.jpg

EDIT: Man, this place really needs to provide un-re-compressed JPEGS. Grrr. I'm prettier than that, really.

Apr 22 05 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Bowman

Taos, New Mexico, US

omg! too freaking funny Sam

So this is what you look like when you wake up in the morning???

Posted by Sam Bennett: 
Fair enough.

EDIT: Man, this place really needs to provide un-re-compressed JPEGS. Grrr. I'm prettier than that, really.

Apr 22 05 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by Sam Bennett: 
Fair enough.

ROFL niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Apr 22 05 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

How can anybody beat this..lol

Apr 22 05 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Alan Bezanson

Dunwoody, Georgia, US

lol! That too freaken funny!

Apr 22 05 04:43 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Hice Image Works

Kennesaw, Georgia, US

I have gone through to many cameras trying to get a self pic and no one in this area will try with theirs. Sorry, there is a reason I am on this side of the lens, lol

Apr 22 05 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Viva Van Story

Long Branch, New Jersey, US

no!  ha ha.. I did and then I took it down.. my girls are too pretty!

Apr 22 05 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

when I get more than 20 slots I'll waste one on a pic of me...or just go to my OMP page, my dorky lookin puss is up there

Apr 23 05 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Office Perils

WINSTON SALEM, North Carolina, US

There is a picture in my portfolio of what I look like.

Durr expression and all tongue

Apr 23 05 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Okey-dokey. Warning: Contains facial nudity. *g*

[img]./pics/426b2654c0e03.jpg[/img]

Apr 23 05 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Sam Bennett: 
Fair enough.

LMAO. Sam, I think you were a girl in a previous life. Awesome pic dude. Reminds me of a Monty Python skit for some reason.

Apr 24 05 12:05 am Link

Model

Kara Mae

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Sometimes when I see a photographer has a photo of him/herself up, it comes off as rather unprofessional to me.
It depends on how its presented, of course.

Apr 24 05 12:06 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Kara Mae: 
Sometimes when I see a photographer has a photo of him/herself up, it comes off as rather unprofessional to me.
It depends on how its presented, of course.

Oh great. Now you say. *g* ...like one of those moments you're happy you bought something cool, then a friend comes around with the same thing...and he got it cheaper somewhere else. Grrrr.

Apr 24 05 12:07 am Link

Model

Kara Mae

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Haha well what do I know, anyway!
I think in particular I am referring to, for example, if someone has a snapshot of themselves as their "avatar", rather than a photo which is giving off a representation of their work.
Since this site allows so many photos to be hosted, I guess it makes sense to throw in a self-portrait if you have room.
When its the MAIN image, it gives off a weird "dating site" kind of vibe or something.
Anyway I like the surprise of meeting people, haha.

Apr 24 05 12:15 am Link

Photographer

Alli BBBBBBBBB

Syracuse, New York, US

i got a pic of me on my photog page, gotta love the self-timer, then again i model as well, so plenty pics of me there lol big_smile

Apr 24 05 12:32 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Kara Mae: 
..snipped...When its the MAIN image, it gives off a weird "dating site" kind of vibe or something.

Lol. I hear ya. I'd rather show off a model, or a shot I'm proud of as my main. Self-preference of course, but I'm kinda half-n-half with a self-portrait for an Avatar, because I've seen some that looked pretty cool and imaginative.

Apr 24 05 12:35 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by AlliPhotoGraphx: 
i got a pic of me on my photog page, gotta love the self-timer, then again i model as well, so plenty pics of me there lol big_smile

That's a nice self-portrait Alli.

Apr 24 05 12:37 am Link

Photographer

Steve Mills

Hermiston, Oregon, US

Here is what I shot the day I examined my first digi, a Canon G2. The safety goggles, well, that's another story. The goatee is gone now, I'm waiting for the white to even out.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/426b548ce30e9.jpg

Apr 24 05 03:17 am Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

The best I ever felt about my imagery was the day that people looked at it and quit asking "Oh, who's that?"... I realized that a lot of images are put in a book because of the photographers personal connection with the subject.  I like to think that it doesn't matter who's in the image, because the image goes beyond being "my brother". 
SO.  I actually shoot myself whenever I can't find a model.  As a result, I'm on my page.  Whoever guesses which one is me wins a free trip to hell.

Apr 24 05 03:29 am Link

Photographer

not here anymore.

Posted by Steve Mills: 
Here is what I shot the day I examined my first digi, a Canon G2. The safety goggles, well, that's another story. The goatee is gone now, I'm waiting for the white to even out.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/426b548ce30e9.jpg

Oh man!  You guys are making me want to go out and take some funnies!

Apr 24 05 03:30 am Link

Photographer

Jack Dawes

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Posted by Kara Mae: 
When its the MAIN image, it gives off a weird "dating site" kind of vibe or something.
Anyway I like the surprise of meeting people, haha.

I'm definitely with you on this point. There are some self-portraits that are really well shot and show photographic talent, but most of the time it's more like "Check ME out..." - creepy.

I like the one I have up of me because it's a very easy way of showing my approach to photography - not too serious, colorful, etc. I like that it shows that I'm not afraid to be in front of the camera, be a goofball, etc. It's disarming, and a bit self-deprecating and I think it (appropriately) gives models the feeling that I'm not some creep. That may sound odd, but that's really how it's worked in the past.

Apr 24 05 09:43 am Link

Photographer

Elemental Photo

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 
should post up thier pictures so we know what they look like.  Especially the female ones!

smile

Do I ever HATE being in front of the camera. tongue But I will put one up soon

Apr 25 05 09:19 am Link

Photographer

Shawn Kuck

Columbia, Tennessee, US

Joe you're too pretty to put up a self portrait. You'd give all the models a run for their money. haha lol

Shawn

Apr 25 05 10:14 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Sometimes there is a demand for a photo of yourself, especially since most photographers are behind the camera and never IN any picture.

So, I bit the bullet and did some self portraits last year... and lo and behold... when I was shooting for BTE TV NY Fashionweek... they actually took my selfportrait off my website, cropped it to the face and voila, it appeared on my press pass... LOL

Apr 25 05 10:31 am Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by Sam Bennett: 
Fair enough.

Sammy Boy! You hot.......makes for good Monday morning humor

Apr 25 05 10:35 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by Shawn Kuck: 
Joe you're too pretty to put up a self portrait. You'd give all the models a run for their money. haha lol

Shawn

Are you talking about me dahlin? Dat's so nice ub you. But I can't compete against the likes of Eva Gabor and Juliet Prowse. I even tried for Gomer Pyle's role and lost. Belib me dahlin...being a Huzzband and Father to seven kids is much easier (no one competing for that role). But, every now and then dahlin I dream...the lights! The fame! The bling-bling! Muahh. I coulda' been a star dahlin if only I had longer legs! *LOL*

Apr 25 05 11:14 am Link

Model

Ariesroses

Rolling Meadows, Illinois, US

I think it would be great for photographers to post a pic of themselves...it gives an idea of what the photographers look like when the models go meet them for the first time. smile

Apr 25 05 01:28 pm Link

Photographer

EMG STUDIOS

When models meet me they tell me that I look very young.. You tell me: This was taken by assistant during a shoot at the zoo. https://www.phillyriderz.com/ImageLink/EMGDodge.jpg

Apr 25 05 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Posted by * Visual Mindscapes *: 

smile

You & your eternal quest to find hot girls.

*shakes my head, smiling*

Jun 05 05 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Dan RI

Providence, Rhode Island, US

I am my Avatar.

Wait till next week when I change it to a slug or a bird turd.

Jun 05 05 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

Jonathan Lobb

Dallas, Texas, US

A fellow photographer that was working with me this weekend took a couple pictures of me while I was using a borrowed Canon 1D and 300mm f/2.8 so he could prove to people that I did infact use canon once in a while (not by my own choice mind you, long story)

I'll post those pictures up when I get to them.  I've got 3000 pictures from the last 2 days to go through. *ouch*

Jun 05 05 07:47 pm Link