Farenell PhotographyPhotographer Male Albany, New York, US
My MM URL: http://www.modelmayhem.com/farenellphotography my official website
Mayhem # 6068
In no particular order...
1. I am NOT a photographer. I consider myself an artist whose medium is photography. There's a subtle but important difference.
2. I live in Glens Falls but travel & shoot often in the greater Albany - Saratoga Springs region of NY state. This is NO WHERE near NYC.
3. I am not in this to make money or be famous (though I wouldn't shed a tear if those were the end results). I'm simply filling a creative need that needs expressing & am hoping to find & work with like-minded individuals.
4. My work is apparently controversial enough to get my name in the papers. Hope you're as amused at this brouhaha as I am.
http://poststar.com/news/local/nude-pho … 963f4.html
5. I am a sucker for compelling faces, especially those with a hypnotic smile & have done entire shoots revolving around that.
6. Here is a version of the release I use:
Unless you're a blood relative, signing a release is mandatory. I'm more than happy to make reasonable amendments. However, this issue REALLY need to be discussed in advance.
7. My subjects MUST be adventurous, willing to laugh at themselves, & not be particular about how they look. I am also fluent in sarcasm & a lover of self-deprecation. If you're not OK with any of this, you'll probably not want to work with me.
8. I am not interested in doing traditional fashion or commercial work or the same crap that everyone else is doing. Nothing against those that do but unless there's a paycheck involved, I would rather slit my wrists
9. I believe in living our lives & conducting our shoots under the K.I.S.S. principle. Don't know what it is? Ask.
10. If you initiate a shoot inquiry & fail to specify what you're looking for, I'll assume you're looking for either a "time for pictures" type shoot OR looking to hire me for my photographic services.
11. If you want to work with me, just ask. I am not omniscient & will never know about an opportunity unless I'm tipped me off. The best way to get my attention is through a private message. They attract my attention better than "tags" & "picture comments".
12. I encourage questions & ideas from our subjects. Nor do I care how stupid or lame you may THINK they are. Fire away. I just might surprise you.
13. If you're going to bring someone to the shoot, I need to know IN ADVANCE because I have guidelines that everyone needs to agree to simply so we're all on the same page.
14. In order to make our friends list half-way useful here on MM, I have limited it to those who are in our geographic area or an area we're likely to visit or strong desire in working with that person in the future.
15. You can also find me on these sites. Feel free & add or follow if you so desire:
I've got way to many to list here but feel free & check:
- the credited models in my port,
- my list of "(my) work on other profiles,"
- my Top 12