Forums > Model Colloquy > Commercial print photographers

Model

avie

New York, New York, US

Does anyone in the NYC area know of photgraphers who have a full understanding of commercial print images as opposed to fashion print? I have a general idea but am not sure of where the line is drawn.

Jul 21 05 02:06 pm Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

Print..what do you mean by print as far as publications or working within the industry as printing companies

Jul 21 05 02:09 pm Link

Model

aye provide

New York, New York, US

find dorothy shi she is a good one

Jul 22 05 03:09 am Link

Model

avie

New York, New York, US

I mean at this moment fine tuning my portfolio to a commercial market-non- fashion, For instance my agent sends me on go sees for pharmacueticals, electronics, health related- very mainstream look

Jul 22 05 10:47 am Link

Model

avie

New York, New York, US

Thanks. I will check on MM but otherwise do you have contact info?

Jul 22 05 10:48 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

You need lifestyle shots rather than fashion in that case.

Similar to your avatar.

Here is some background info.

Jul 22 05 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

Here are a few for you to try. They routinely shoot "commercial/lifestyle" images, which is what you ought to be looking for in a portfolio. All of the photographers on this list are used by several of the commercial print agencies

Lisa Crosby, 212-877-1935
Bill Morris, 212-274-1177
Michael Keel, 212-354-6889
Nancy Nay, 212-260-4300
Nadine Raphael, 212-613-5947

Commercial test photography is generally more expensive than fashion, if only because there are fewer people who are qualified to do so and fewer want to do so.

I would also call several of the better commercial print agencies in your area and ask for their list of photographers who they use.
In NYC some of the better ones are;

R&L models
CED-cunningham, escott & dipene
Gilla Roos,
fft/funnyface today inc.
parts models
TLG
Lyons Group
jan alpert model management
time models
goldstar management
McDonald/Richards..... finely went out of business last year.

My picks are R&L and since your very fit the Lyons group has a strong fitness presence in NYC. Also remember that lots of fashion agencies also have strong commercial divisions too. Ford/classic is one example.

Good luck but from your photos you look extremely marketable and you will have several agencies wanting you. Seriously you look strong enough for Ford/Classic.

edited to add

opps... I see from your other post that you are already represented. I would still call the other agencies just for their shoot list and when you see the same name pop up several times check out their work and see if it's the type you need. Good luck

Jul 23 05 02:14 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

Posted by Dan Hood: 
I would still call the other agencies just for their shoot list and when you see the same name pop up several times check out their work and see if it's the type you need. Good luck

Great suggestion Dan!

Jul 23 05 02:25 am Link

Model

Daphne G

New York, New York, US

Posted by Dan Hood: 
All of the photographers on this list are used by several of the commercial print agencies

Lisa Crosby, 212-877-1935
Bill Morris, 212-274-1177
Michael Keel, 212-354-6889
Nancy Nay, 212-260-4300
Nadine Raphael, 212-613-5947

I would also call several of the better commercial print agencies in your area and ask for their list of photographers who they use.

VERY helpful info!

Jul 23 05 01:50 pm Link